From 5:30 a.m. on 12/12/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/13/2017, MPD received 415 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Assist EMS/Fire – 5:56 a.m. Officers responded along with MFD to the 400 block of W. Mifflin St for a sprinkler system alarm activation. A suspect was observed on video surveillance holding up a flame to the sprinkler system. The suspect was identified, located and arrested. Search warrant in process. Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 7:23 a.m. Officers responded to Woodridge Ct to check the welfare of a subject after a disturbance was overheard. The victim (29 year old WF) was contacted. She reported an argument with her boyfriend/suspect (29 year old AAM). The victim sustained injuries and the residence was damaged. The suspect was contacted and arrested for domestic battery, disorderly conduct and bail jumping.
3) SOUTH: Check Person – 7:48 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital regarding a subject (27 year old WM) who was being disruptive and non-compliant with medical staff. The subject was taken to the hospital by his father after he was experiencing hallucinations. The subject was transported to Winnebago on an emergency detention order in the afternoon of 12/12.
4) NORTH: Death Investigation – 8:08 a.m. Officers responded to Anderson St to check the welfare of a subject (64 year old WM). The subject was found deceased. Initial investigation yielded nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner responded. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 9:28 a.m. Officers responded to N. Oak St to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (46 year old WF). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital and voluntarily admitted.
6) WEST: Child Abuse – 12:10 p.m. Officers assisted Dane County Human Services with an interview of a child abuse victim (6 year old HF). The suspect has been identified (31 year old HM). Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 1:57 p.m. Officers responded to the 1800 block of Aberg Ave for a subject (53 year old AAM) possibly intoxicated and passed out in the restroom. The subject was contacted and he was upset that another individual had stolen his wallet. The subject became increasingly disruptive and ended up being arrested for disorderly conduct. While at the jail, the subject's wallet was located in the leg of his pants.
8) NORTH: Stolen Auto – 5:51 p.m. Officers responded to Aberg Ave for a report of a stolen vehicle. The vehicle was left running and unlocked. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Check Person – 5:57 p.m. Officers responded to the 1700 block of Onsgard Rd to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (33 year old AAM). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital and will be transported to Winnebago on an emergency detention order. Officers remained on this call overnight and into the morning on 12/13. The transport to Winnebago started around approximately 8-8:30am.
10) EAST: Missing Person – 6:22 p.m. Officers responded to Kanazawa Cir for a report of two missing juveniles (13 and 15 year old AAF's). Attempt to locate aired. The juveniles were listed as missing in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
11) EAST: Intoxicated Driver – 6:58 p.m. Officers responded to a hit and run crash near E. Washington Ave/Lien Rd. The suspect vehicle left the scene. Witnesses provided a description of the vehicle along with the license plate number. Officers responded to the address of the registered owner and located the vehicle, which had fresh damage to it. The driver/suspect (56 year old WM) was ultimately arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (7th offense).
12) CENTRAL: Drug Incident Overdose – 7:29 p.m. Officers responded to a business parking lot on W. Gilman St for a subject passed out in a vehicle. The subject (32 year old WM) was contacted. The subject admitted to drug use. The subject was arrested on charges of possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia.
13) CENTRAL: Drug Incident Overdose – 7:54 p.m. Officers responded to a business on E. Johnson St for a report of a subject passed out in the restroom. The subject (29 year old WM) was located with drug paraphernalia. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital and then booked into jail on charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and bail jumping.
14) SOUTH: Disturbance – 8:43 p.m. Officers responded to Braxton Place for a disturbance between a father (50 year old AAM) and his son (15 year old AAM). A knife and a bat were both involved, although neither subject advanced toward each other/caused injuries. No charges were substantiated. Plans were made for the son to go stay with another family member for the night to give space between the son/father.
15) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 8:46 p.m. Officers observed a stolen vehicle near Chalet Gardens/Verona Rd. The two passengers fled but the driver (17 year old AAM) was apprehended and arrested on charges related to the stolen vehicle. Two handguns were located in plain view in the vehicle. Marijuana was located in the squad after the driver/suspect was removed from the vehicle at the jail so additional charges were added.
16) NORTH: Check Person – 1:02 a.m. Officers responded to the 3600 block of Kipling Dr where the caller (53 year old AAM) reported that another subject (58 year old AAM) threatened to shoot him. The caller has a history of mental illness and officers are very familiar with him. No charges were substantiated. The caller ended up being transported to a local hospital for a voluntary mental health evaluation.
17) NORTH: Non-Residential Burglary – 2:00 a.m. Officers responded to the 4500 block of E. Washington Ave reference a non-residential burglary. There was damage to the business. Items were stolen from the business. Investigation continuing.
18) SOUTH: Death Investigation – 2:01 a.m. Officers responded to Chadbourne Ave for a pulseless non-breathing subject (27 year old WM). The subject had a history of major medical concerns. Medical Examiner responded. Investigation continuing.
**Priority calls only city-side from 1:09am-1:44am due to the Kipling Drive call above.