From 5:30 a.m. on 10/02/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/03/2017, MPD received 470 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Check Person – 5:11 a.m. Officers responded to S. Carroll Street (City County Building) to check the welfare of a subject (77 year old WM) who was experiencing some mental confusion and was requesting help. The subject was able to provide their name but not their address. No apparent injuries observed. The subject was transported to a local hospital for an evaluation and hospital social services are involved due to not knowing where the subject resides.
2) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 8:46 a.m. Officers responded to Hoyt Park on Regent Street for a reported disturbance between two subjects (28 year old WM and 30 year old WF). Officers contacted both subjects who report incident was nothing more than a verbal argument. No injuries observed. The female suspect was ultimately arrested for disorderly conduct once the investigation was completed.
3) NORTH: Traffic Incident – 10:32 a.m. Officer monitoring traffic on E. Washington Avenue observed a vehicle speeding and attempting a stop. The vehicle did not stop and the officer did not pursue the vehicle. The suspect vehicle was later located without any occupants . A handgun was located near the vehicle. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 11:24 a.m. Officers responded to Concord Avenue where a witness observed a suspect (18 year old AAM) attempting to steal a neighbor's bicycle. The suspect was located and arrested for disorderly conduct.
5) SOUTH: Accident with Injuries – 11:37 a.m. Officers responded to the intersection of Highland Ave/Regent Street for a motor vehicle/pedestrian accident. A subject (14 year old WF) was observed by witnesses making a sudden movement out into traffic in between parked vehicles and being struck by a vehicle. Vehicle who struck the subject remained on scene. No indication that the driver of the vehicle was impaired. Juvenile subject was transported to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment. No charges at this time.
6) WEST: Conveyance Mental Health – 12:30 p.m. Officers responded to the 3800 block of Regent Street for a subject (12 year old AAM) who was out of control. The subject was creating a disturbance and punching windows. Officers were able to detain the subject safely. The subject was transported to a local hospital for an evaluation. An initial decision to return the juvenile was changed to an emergency detention for the juvenile as he continued to be aggressive and out of control. Emergency detention pending.
7) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 2:16 p.m. Officers responded to Hermina Street for a report of an unconscious subject (33 year old WM). MPD officer administered Naloxone to the subject which revived him. Subject is on parole and there is an active hold pending for him. Subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Sexual Assault of a Child – 2:53 p.m. Officers responded to Worthington Avenue at the request of Child Protective Services to assist with a sexual assault case. There are at least three victims and potentially more. The victims are children. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 3:49 p.m. Officers responded to Huxley Street for a disturbance between two subjects – victim (35 year old WF) and suspect (44 year old WM). As officers were en-route to the call information was being relayed to them that the female was screaming for help. When officers arrived, the suspect came out of the home armed with a knife. He retreated back into the home. The suspect exited the home a few more times, shirtless and threatening. As officers went into the residence to rescue the victim, the suspect swung a stool at officers. The suspect was taken into custody after a struggle. The suspect was taken to a local hospital for a medical/mental health evaluation. Charges are pending for the suspect. Investigation continuing.
10) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 4:53 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital where a domestic disturbance was reported by a victim (21 year old AAF). The incident occurred on Brentwood Parkway and the suspect is a 25 year old AAM). There is probable cause for the arrest of the suspect for battery, disorderly conduct and strangulation.
11) SOUTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 7:16 p.m. Officers responded to a business in the 2400 block of S. Park Street for a subject (39 year old HM) who was having an overdose. EMS administered Naloxone to the subject. The subject was transported to a local hospital. The suspect was arrested and charged with possession of heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia and a probation hold.
12) NORTH: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 8:09 p.m. Officers responded to the area of Oak and Hoard Street for a report of shots fired. Officers located multiple shell casings in the 2900 block of Hoard Street. No reports of injuries or property damage. Investigation continuing.
13) NORTH: Death Investigation – 9:23 p.m. Officers responded to the 1900 block of Londonderry Drive for a deceased subject (69 year old AAF). No concerns noted on scene. Medical Examiner responded.
14) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 9:35 p.m. Officers on patrol attempted to pull a vehicle over for a traffic violation on Prairie Road. The vehicle initially did not stop. The vehicle stopped approximately 2 blocks later and a passenger flees on foot. The driver/suspect (37 year old AAM) is taken into custody for multiple traffic citations (operating after revocation, failure to install ignition interlock device and other traffic offenses). Investigation continuing.