From 5:30 a.m. on 03/06/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/07/2018, MPD received 358 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
1) MIDTOWN: Domestic Disturbance – 5:27 a.m. Officers responded to the 2300 block of Allied Dr for a disturbance. Officers contacted the victim (19 year old AAF) who reported that an argument occurred when she attempted to break-up with her boyfriend/suspect (20 year old AAM). The suspect blocked the victim from being able to leave her residence, took her phone from her and strangled her. The suspect was not on scene when officers arrived. Probable cause was developed for the arrest of the suspect on charges of domestic strangulation, criminal damage to property, false imprisonment and intimidation of a victim. Investigation continuing.
2) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 6:35 a.m. Officers responded to a residence for a deceased subject (30 year old WM). The decedent has a history of using drugs. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
3) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 6:50 a.m. Officers responded to a shelter for a deceased subject (47 year old WF). Initial indicator of death is that this was a drug overdose. Drug paraphernalia on scene. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
4) MIDTOWN: Weapons Offense – 8:30 a.m. Officers responded to a local school after an anonymous caller reported that a student (13 year old AAM) was in possession of a firearm. The juvenile was contacted and a BB gun was located in his backpack. The juvenile was arrested for possession of a dangerous weapon on school grounds and conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center. Press release completed.
5) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 8:43 a.m. Officers responded to Nakoosa Trail to locate a wanted suspect (27 year old WM). The suspect fled when officers arrived, but he was apprehended and conveyed to jail on a probation violation charge.
6) WEST: Death Investigation – 10:24 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence where a subject (63 year old WM) came inside after shoveling and was found pulseless/not breathing by a family member. Lifesaving measures were unsuccessful. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Stolen Auto – 12:48 p.m. Officers responded to Academy Dr for a report of a stolen auto. The vehicle was left running, unlocked and unoccupied. Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
8) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 1:21 p.m. Officers responded to Orin Rd for a subject nodding off in a vehicle. Contact was made with the driver/suspect (30 year old WM) who was found to be in possession of heroin/drug paraphernalia. The suspect was arrested and conveyed to jail on charges of possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia.
9) NORTH: Stolen Auto – 3:22 p.m. Officers responded to North St for a report of a stolen auto. The vehicle was left running, unlocked and unoccupied. Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
10) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 3:28 p.m. Officers responded to a report that a suspect (20 year old NAM) sent a social media message regarding a veiled threat. Officers made contact with the suspect who claimed his message was only meant for one of his friends (but was accidently sent to a whole group). The suspect claimed he was just joking around. The suspect did not have access to any weapons. The threat was determined to not be substantiated. The suspect was cited with a municipal disorderly conduct.
11) NORTH: Detox Conveyance – 4:08 p.m. Officers responded to the 2900 block of E. Washington Ave where it was reported that a female had been physically assaulted and pushed out of a moving vehicle. The female subject (25 year old AAF) was contacted and she did not want to talk with officers. The subject was found to be intoxicated to the point of incapacitation so she was conveyed to detox where she became aggressive. An MPD officer sustained a minor injury. Investigation continuing.
12) WEST: Weapons Offense – 4:28 p.m. Officers responded to Piping Rock Rd where a caller reporting hearing one gunshot. Area checked. No injuries, property damage or evidence of shots fired was located.
13) MIDTOWN: Child Abuse – 4:54 p.m. Officers responded to a report of possible child abuse. A 6 month old child (WM) was observed to have bruising on his arm. The parents of the child were contacted and are cooperative. Child Protective Services plugged in. Investigation continuing.
14) MIDTOWN: Assist EMS/Fire – 5:25 p.m. Officers responded to Sawyer Terrace regarding a pulseless non-breathing subject (49 year old WM). EMS performed life-saving measures and revived the subject. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital where he was admitted.
15) MIDTOWN: Sexual Assault of a Child – 6:03 p.m. Officers responded to connect with a mother/daughter who wished to report an assault. The juvenile/victim (14 year old WF) has some developmental delays and was not able to communicate to officers what occurred. Child Protective Services notified. Investigation continuing.
16) WEST: Sexual Assault – 8:31 p.m. Officers responded to Schroeder Rd where a victim (29 year old WF) reported a sexual assault with a known suspect (WM). Investigation continuing.
17) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 9:03 p.m. Officers responded to a business on State St for a male subject creating a disturbance. The suspect (65 year old WM) was contacted and he resisted the officers. The suspect was arrested for resisting and disorderly conduct.
18) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 9:15 p.m. Officers responded to Oak St for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (33 year old WM victim and 29 year old WF suspect). The suspect physically assaulted the victim after getting into a verbal argument. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery.