From 5:30 a.m. on 01/22/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/23/2018, MPD received 345 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Fire Investigation - 10:17 a.m. Officers responded to a business on Schroeder Rd for smoke in the building. Occupants were evacuated and no injuries were identified. Officers assisted with traffic control.
2) CENTRAL: Death Investigation - 10:34 a.m. Officers responded to S. Henry St for a pulseless non-breathing subject (89 year old WF). Lifesaving efforts were unsuccessful. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified.
3) EAST: Child Abuse - 11:44 a.m. Officers responded to a child abuse report between a juvenile (16 year old AAF) and her mother/step-father. Multiple contacts/witnesses were talked to during the course of the investigation. Explanations provided were inconsistent. Child Protective Services was plugged in. The juvenile was reported to have damaged parts of the residence. No injuries were observed. The juvenile was placed with another family as the investigation continues.
4) EAST: Intoxicated Driver - 1:07 p.m. Officers responded to a crashed vehicle that had previously been reported as crossing the median and driving on the wrong side of the road on Stoughton Rd. The driver/suspect (28 year old WM) was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (2nd offense) and operating after revocation. While on this call, an MPD officer observed a wanted individual (35 year old WF) who was ultimately taken into custody and conveyed to jail for outstanding warrants and possession of drug paraphernalia.
5) NORTH: Intoxicated Driver - 2:12 p.m. An MPD officer, while at a stop light, observed a driver/suspect (26 year old WM) not responding when the light changed and nodding off. The officer attempted to get the driver's attention when the driver suddenly moved forward, jumping a median. The driver was stopped and was ultimately arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (1st offense) and possession of drug paraphernalia.
6) WEST: Adult Arrested Person - 4:54 p.m. Officers responded to a disturbance on Loreen Dr between two subjects (28 year old AAF victim and 29 year old AAM suspect) who reside together. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
7) SOUTH: Strong Armed Robbery - 5:05 p.m. Officers responded to the Associated Bank on Monroe Street for a strong arm robbery. The suspect (WM) fled with cash. K9 track conducted. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Conveyance Mental Health - 5:57 p.m. Officers responded to Apollo Way to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (25 year old WM). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital where he was voluntarily admitted.
9) CENTRAL: Intoxicated Driver - 6:43 p.m. Officers responded to a hit-and-run crash in the area of N. Baldwin St/Sherman Ave. Officers were directed by witnesses regarding the direction of travel for the suspect vehicle. The driver/suspect (26 year old WM) was located and ultimately arrested after failing field sobriety tests for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, possession of schedule I narcotics, a probation hold and numerous traffic citations. The suspect's father (59 year old WM) was a passenger in the vehicle and was cited for possession of heroin.
10) WEST: Armed Robbery - 7:48 p.m. Officers responded to the Walgreens at 606 W. Whitney Way for a report of an armed robbery by a suspect (male). The suspect fled on foot with no items. K9 track conducted. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
11) EAST: Adult Arrested Person - 8:51 p.m. Officers responded to McCann Road for a wanted subject on scene. The suspect (32 year old AAM) was located and taken into custody for his active warrant (domestic battery). The suspect bailed out and proceeded to the residence of the victim where a 72 hour no-contact provision was in place. The officers contacted the suspect again and conveyed him back to jail for violating the order.
12) WEST: Adult Arrested Person - 9:00 p.m. Officers responded to Lumley Rd where a suspect (38 year old WF) entered a residence without permission. The homeowner, left the residence and contacted 911. The suspect was contacted and arrested for criminal trespass to a dwelling and possession of marijuana. The suspect was intoxicated and conveyed to jail.
13) SOUTH: Weapons Offense - 9:31 p.m. Officers responded to Coho Street where the caller described a party turning into a physical fight, a gun being displayed and threats being made. The suspect with the weapon (AAM) was observed leaving in a vehicle and a second suspect fled on foot. Contact was made at the residence. Multiple explanations for what occurred was provided. No evidence of shots fired located. No injuries identified. Investigation continuing.
14) WEST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway - 10:14 p.m. Officers responded to Muir Field Rd for a report of a missing/runaway juvenile (15 year old HM). Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing/runaway in the appropriate databases.
15) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person - 12:00 a.m. Officers responded to Dwight Dr for a wanted suspect (31 year old AM). The suspect was located and conveyed to jail for his outstanding warrant.
16) SOUTH: Extortion - 12:35 a.m. Officers responded to an extortion complaint. The victim reported being threatened by a suspect (who demanded money) to keep secret about a video that depicted the victim in a compromising way. Investigation continuing.