From 5:30 a.m. on 01/23/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/24/2018, MPD received 422 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Armed Robbery - 5:49 a.m. Officers responded to the BP Gas Station at 4222 E. Washington Ave for an armed robbery. The suspect (AAM) displayed a handgun and fled on foot with cash. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
2) WEST: Domestic Disturbance - 10:41 a.m. Officers responded to the area of Watts Rd/Gammon Rd for a report of a male hitting a female and the female screaming for help. Both subjects (44 year old AAF victim and 21 year old AAM suspect) were located and an investigation revealed that the suspect had probable cause for his arrest from a previous domestic incident between them. He was arrested on the outstanding charge as well as a new charge of disorderly conduct and theft from a motor vehicle.
3) EAST: Sexual Assault of a Child - 12:37 p.m. Officers responded to McKenna Blvd where a mother wished to report a sexual assault. The mother noted that the victim of this assault is now 6 years old and the assault occurred earlier in the child's life. Investigation continuing.
4) WEST: Weapons Offense - 2:01 p.m. Officers responded to a road rage incident near S. Park St/Regent St. At one point, the suspect (WM), displayed a handgun to the victim (52 year old WM). The suspect was not located. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Weapons Offense - 2:51 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital to contact a victim (29 year old AAF) who suffered injuries which required stitches due to being stabbed with scissors. The victim provided limited information about what occurred. The victim described an altercation that took place between herself and her cousin, who she reported knowing very little about. The victim advised that the suspect left to return to Illinois where she resides. Investigation continuing.
6) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault - 4:04 p.m. Officers responded to a sexual assault report that occurred on Fordem Ave between two subjects who know one another (32 year old WF victim and 36 year old WM suspect). Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Death Investigation - 9:21 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a deceased subject (97 year old WM). Decedent had multiple health concerns. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified.
8) WEST: Sexual Assault of a Child - 10:35 p.m. Officers responded to a sexual assault of a child report. The victim (13 year old AAF) identified the suspect (22 year old AAM). The victim was evaluated at a local hospital. Investigation continuing.
9) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person - 10:38 p.m. Officers responded to Commonwealth Ave for a dispute between a mother (53 year old WF suspect) and daughter (23 year old WF victim). The suspect kicked in the bedroom door of her daughter following a verbal argument. The victim reported that her mother would not leave her alone and continued to engage in a verbal argument which then led to destruction of property. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct.