From 5:30 a.m. on 08/28/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 08/29/2017, MPD received 461 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 7:34 a.m. Officers responded to the 400 block of W. Wilson Street reference a domestic disturbance. Officers arrived, heard an active disturbance inside the residence and made contact with the residents. The victim's (24 year old WF) account of what occurred was supported by evidence at the scene. The suspect (36 year old WM) was arrested for disorderly conduct.
2) EAST: Check Person – 9:43 a.m. Officers responded to the area of South Court/Farwell Street for a report of a subject exposing himself. The caller explained that a juvenile (12 year old AAM) came to her door to ask a question. The juvenile then left the residence and the caller reported that they saw the juvenile exposing himself. The juvenile was contacted. The juvenile had a different account of what occurred. There was no evidence of the original complaint. The juvenile was released to his mother.
3) CENTRAL: Missing Adult – 10:49 a.m. Officers responded to the area of E. Wilson St/Ingersoll St for a report of a missing adult (74 year old AAF) who suffers from dementia. Areas checked, hospitals/bus/cab companies notified. K9 track completed. Subject entered as missing in the appropriate databases. At approximately 1pm, the missing adult was located and was reunited with her family.
4) WEST: OMVWI Arrest/Intoxicated Driver – 1:12 p.m. Officers responded to the intersection of S. Gammon Rd/Watts Rd for a 2 vehicle crash (one of which was previously aired as being an erratic driver). Officers observe signs of impairment from one of the drivers. The driver/suspect (40 year old WF) was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence (2nd offense), possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia.
5) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 1:37 p.m. Officers responded to the 3900 block of E. Washington Avenue for a person down. The suspect (39 year old WF) showed signs of having an overdose. The suspect was arrested for possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia.
6) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 3:30 p.m. Officers responded to the 2200 block of S. Park Street where the victim (45 year old WF) reported a domestic battery incident that had occurred the previous week. The suspect (45 year old AAM) was arrested for strangulation (2 counts), battery (2 counts), felony intimidation of a victim and disorderly conduct (3 counts).
7) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 4:02 p.m. Officers responded to the 2900 block of Hoard Street where two witnesses reported hearing one gun shot. Based on witness statements, a vehicle/subjects matching the description were temporarily detained. No shell casings, damage or other evidence to corroborate shots fired were discovered.
8) SOUTH: Weapons Offense – 4:58 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital where a victim (18 year old AAM) was involved in an altercation previously in the day. A witness reported that the suspect (AAM) struck the victim in the back of the head with a pistol. The victim did not want to cooperate with the investigation. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 5:48 p.m. Officers responded to the area of E. Washington Ave/N. Fair Oaks for a report of a person down, likely due to an overdose. Officers responded and located the subject (20 year old WM). Subject was transported to a local hospital. Subject's probation officer notified of incident.
10) CENTRAL: Drug Incident Overdose – 7:38 p.m. Officers responded to W. Dayton Street for a subject who was down, likely due to an overdose. The subject (38 year old AAM) was transported to a local hospital. Investigation continuing.
11) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 9:30 p.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of S. Henry Street for an apparent death (72 year old WM). Subject had multiple medical issues. No signs of a disturbance or foul play. Natural causes suspected. No autopsy per Medical Examiner.
12) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 12:47 a.m. Officers responded to the 800 block of N. Thompson Drive for a domestic disturbance. The victim (31 year old AAF) and suspect (36 year old AAM) had been engaged in a verbal disturbance for hours. At one point the situation turned physical where the victim was restrained by the suspect. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property.
13) CENTRAL: Traffic Arrest – 3:06 a.m. Officers on patrol in the area of Frances/University observe two vehicles parked that are known to be problematic. Officers attempt to engage the group and the vehicles leave the area. A traffic stop is conducted after an occupant in one of the vehicle's threw a cup out the window. A 24 year old WM subject inside the vehicle was determined to have warrants. Another subject in the vehicle, 31 year old AAM, had bail conditions that prohibited him from being in the State Street area. Both suspects were arrested for their respective charges.