From 5:30 a.m. on 02/26/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/27/2018, MPD received 421 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
1) MIDTOWN: Adult Arrested Person – 7:15 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital regarding a wanted subject (19 year old HM). The subject/suspect was contacted and conveyed to jail on a parole violation warrant.
2) MIDTOWN: Crash with Injuries – 7:41 a.m. Officers responded to University Ave/Farley Dr where a driver (82 year old WM) rear-ended 5 stopped vehicles. The driver sustained minor injuries. The driver was cited for following too close and was released from the scene.
3) EAST: Residential Burglary – 8:56 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence where the homeowner/victim (42 year old WM) reported that his vehicle was stolen from his garage. The vehicle was left unlocked and the keys were left in the garage. The suspect(s) appeared to have been able to enter the garage through an unlocked side door. Attempt to locate the vehicle aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: Death Investigation – 8:56 a.m. Officers responded to a north side residence for a deceased subject (57 year old WM). The decedent had multiple health issues. Nothing suspicious observed. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.
5) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 10:21 a.m. Officers responded to Williamson St/Cantwell Court for multiple people fighting on a bus. Two subjects/suspects were contacted. One suspect (26 year old AAF) was arrested for disorderly conduct and a probation hold. A second suspect (30 year old AAF) was cited and released with a disorderly conduct citation.
6) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 10:29 a.m. Officers responded to the 3500 block of Milwaukee St at the request of a Probation/Parole Agent for a wanted subject (68 year old AAM). The subject/suspect was located, arrested and conveyed to jail for a probation hold.
7) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 3:05 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital to meet with a victim (28 year old WF) who reported that a domestic disturbance occurred over the weekend with her husband/suspect (27 year old HM). The victim had visible injuries. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery.
8) WEST: Death Investigation – 4:29 p.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for a deceased subject (37 year old WM). The decedent had multiple health issues. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Crash with Injuries – 5:21 p.m. Officers responded to the 4200 block of Sprecher Rd reference a vehicle in the ditch. Contact was made with the driver (53 year old WF) who advised that she is a diabetic and had not eaten all day. As officers were on scene, the driver unintentionally accelerated, crashing her vehicle into a culvert, causing significant damage to her vehicle. The driver also sustained injuries. The driver was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment. No further action by the police was found necessary.
10) WEST: Crash with Injuries – 5:29 p.m. Officers responded to the Beltline at Old Sauk Rd reference a motorcycle crash. Witnesses observed the driver (28 year old WM) of the motorcycle speeding, standing on the motorcycle's pegs and losing control. The driver was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment. The driver was cited for failure to maintain control of a motor vehicle.
11) MIDTOWN: Check Person – 5:41 p.m. Officers responded to the 5400 block of Mineral Point Rd for a report of three females fighting. Contact was made with a juvenile (14 year old WF) who decided she was going to run into traffic. The juvenile resisted officers but was successfully returned to her caregivers. No charges were substantiated. No further action by the police was found necessary.
12) MIDTOWN: Check Person – 5:56 p.m. Officers responded to Farley Ave for a suicidal subject (19 year old WF). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital where she was voluntarily admitted.
13) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 6:45 p.m. Officers responded to a 911 disconnect call in the 1700 block of Northport Dr. Officers made contact with two subjects (53 year old AAM suspect and 66 year old AAF victim) and determined that a domestic disturbance had taken place. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and a probation violation.
14) CENTRAL: Check Person – 11:06 p.m. Officers responded to Sherman Terrace to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (32 year old WF). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment. The subject was left in the care of medical staff.
15) EAST: Child Abuse – 11:11 p.m. Officers responded to a far east side residence where a victim (15 year old AAM) reported being physically assaulted by her step-father (40 year old AAM) over the weekend. Child Protective Services plugged in. Safety plan developed. Investigation continuing.
16) CENTRAL: Weapons Offense – 11:38 p.m. Officers responded to the 200 block of State Street for a report of two males fighting, one of whom had a gun. Officers arrived and made contact with two male subjects, who reported being friends and just horsing around. Pursuant to a lawful frisk, a BB gun was located on one of the subjects. No charges were substantiated from the incident, however, the subject with the BB gun (29 year old AAM) had an outstanding warrant for his arrest so he was conveyed to jail.