From 5:30 a.m. on 03/02/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/03/2018, MPD received 440 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
1) CENTRAL: Armed Robbery – 8:07 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital to talk with a victim (55 year old AAM) who reported that he awoke in his apartment to find the suspect (49 year old AAM) threatening him with a knife. The victim said the suspect pushed him, demanded money and left with an unknown female. No probable cause was developed at this time. Investigation continuing.
2) NORTH: Death Investigation – 8:49 a.m. Officers responded to a north side residence for a deceased subject (89 year old WM). Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.
3) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 9:44 a.m. Officers responded to a business on State Street for a subject (22 year old AAM) playing his music loudly and refusing to leave. The subject was not on scene when officers arrived. A short time later, police were called to another business on State Street for the same subject causing the same issues. The subject was subsequently contacted by officers. The subject resisted directions given by the officers and refused to cooperate. He was ultimately arrested for trespassing and resisting/obstructing an officer and conveyed to jail.
4) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 11:34 a.m. Officers responded to Brentwood Parkway for people shouting and fighting. Officers arrived and observed two subjects on the ground with agonal breathing. There was drug paraphernalia on scene. MFD administered naloxone. One of the subjects (28 year old AAF) was transported to a local hospital and cited for possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia. The second subject (58 year old WM) is on probation, and once his agent was notified about the incident, he was directed to go to the Department of Corrections (DOC) offices immediately. Investigation continuing.
5) MIDTOWN: Drug Incident Overdose – 2:33 p.m. Officers responded to a near west side residential neighborhood for a report of a 24 year old WF, who family members indicate is a heroin user, slurring her words and unable to keep her eyes open. MFD was called to the scene. The suspect required a medical clearance prior to booking into the jail and was transported to a local hospital where she was admitted. Officers left a citation at the hospital charging the suspect with possession of heroin and possession of paraphernalia.
6) MIDTOWN: Crash w/Injuries – 5:17 p.m. Suspect driver (34 year old WM) was making a lane change on Verona Road when he drove his car into a car that was in the next lane. The suspect was arrested for his 5th OMVWI and taken to jail after he consented to a blood draw. The suspect's girlfriend was transported to the hospital for a sore neck.
7) NORTH: Stolen Auto – 6:37 p.m. The victim (35 year old AAM) advised police that a couple of days ago, while he was at work, his roommate's girlfriend (22 year old AAF) took his vehicle without his consent. Attempt to locate was aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Disturbance/Arrested Person – 7:22 p.m. Officers responded to the 2000 block of East Washington Avenue for a disturbance. Officers arrived and detained three people. One of the suspects, a 49 year old AAM, was arrested for disorderly conduct and possession of heroin. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 9:28 p.m. Officers were dispatched to a domestic disturbance on Myrtle Street. The caller reported the suspect (28 year old WM) was hurting his mother/victim (50 year old WF). The suspect was also reportedly cutting himself on his wrist with a knife. Officers made contact at the residence and observed visible injuries to the victim's/mother's neck. Victim denies anything physical took place. The reporting party/witness was contacted and stated she observed the suspect holding the victim down on the couch with his hands around her neck and pushing her down. The suspect was arrested for domestic DC and a probation violation, and conveyed to the jail.
10) WEST: Information – 10:01 p.m. MPD responded to a local hotel after a 23 year old WF called to report her extremely abusive ex-boyfriend had possibly tracked her via her cell phone. Watertown PD has open cases involving the 42 year old AAM suspect. Officers made a safety plan and took the female and her three children to a different location. Investigation continuing.
11) EAST: Theft – 11:59 p.m. A caller reported that while packing up firearms to give to his parents he realized someone had taken one of his 9mm handguns. The gun was entered into NCIC as stolen. Investigation continuing.
12) MIDTOWN: Burglary Non-Residential – 1:00 a.m. Two suspects broke a window and gained entry to Fast Forward on Verona Road. Once inside, cash was stolen. Security video has been taken as evidence. Investigation continuing.