From 5:30 a.m. on 12/28/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/29/2017, MPD received 358 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) SOUTH: Non-Residential Burglary - 9:32 am, an MPD Officer was dispatched to 1155 Olin-Turville Ct. (Holiday Light Display at Olin-Turville Park) regarding damage to the two booths associated with the display. The suspect(s) cut the wires to the surveillance camera near the booths, forced entry into and ransacked the booths, and knocked down the donation boxes. Investigation continuing.
2) SOUTH: Disturbance - 10:12 am, MPD Officers were dispatched to 2914 Industrial Dr. (Tellurian Detox) regarding a very intoxicated 42-year-old WM in protective custody, who was demanding to leave. He was jumping on a bed, trying to grab at a surveillance camera and almost fell, and flipped a metal bed over against the door. Detox staff requested officers' assistance to get him safely restrained in a more secure room. Officers were initially able to stabilize the situation, and the patient will be charged with disorderly conduct once released.
3) CENTRAL: Drug Incident/Overdose - 12:06 pm, MPD Officers dispatched to The Beacon, 615 E. Washington Av., reference a 40-year-old WF who was not breathing and had no pulse. CPR was in progress as an MPD sergeant arrived and he administered one dose of Naloxone. MFD administered additional doses and the female survived and was transported to a local hospital. Investigation is continuing.
4) WEST: Check Welfare - 12:58 PM, MPD was called reference a missing endangered subject. The complainant advised that her husband (46 year-old WM) had not been seen since 2:00 PM on 12/27/17. The subject has been depressed and made overtures to harm himself on Christmas Day, furthermore he has not shown up to work the last two days. ATL aired and subject listed as missing and endangered. Subject was located in Janesville, WI, and is meeting with a therapist.
5) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance - 2:36 PM, MPD received a phone call from the victim's grandmother who advised that the victim (20 year-old WF) sent a text asking her to call 911 because the victim was having problems with her boyfriend (22 year-old WM) and she didn't feel safe making a phone call. Officers arrived on scene in the 200 block of W Lakelawn Pl and attempted contact at the door. The suspect struck the door with something that made a loud noise and officers could hear the victim screaming. Officers forced entry and deployed an ECD (taser) to deem control of the suspect, who was then placed in restraints. The victim was taken to a hospital for FNE (Forensic Nurse Exam). The suspect was also taken to the hospital and then to jail where he was charged with domestic strangulation, battery, false imprisonment and disorderly conduct.
6) CENTRAL: Emergency Detention - 5:44 PM, MPD was contacted by Crisis reference a subject (30 year-old WM) who needed to be transported to the hospital. Crisis advised that they were originally out with the subject and MPD in the morning. The agreement had been made that the subject's mom would transport him to the hospital for a voluntary admit. However, the subject procrastinated and did not leave for the hospital. MPD was called back to the address in the 1600 block of Fordem Ave. to take the subject to UW Hospital for an Emergency Detention where he was admitted.
7) EAST: Missing Juvenile - 10:34 pm, officers took a report of a runaway juvenile from the 300 block of Maple Avenue. A 17-year-old WF was reported missing by her mother and is likely with a friend on the east side of Madison. Subject was entered into appropriate databases.
8) SOUTH: Arrested Adult – 10:39 pm, officers were called to the 2900 block of Coho St. for some type of disturbance occurring at a residence where a female was yelling for help. Officers made contact at the residence and then requested a Spanish speaking officer to assist with this investigation. After a lengthy investigation a 24-year-old HM was arrested for a probation violation and a 24-year-old HF was taken to a local hospital for self-inflicted injuries she sustained. This female was subsequently conveyed under protective custody to detox.
9) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 10:51 pm, officers were sent to a 911 hang up call in the 100 block of Buckingham Lane. The Communication Center made call back and female reported all was fine but a small argument occurred earlier. Officers responded and learned a domestic disturbance had occurred between a 36-year-old WM and 36-year-old WF who are married. This investigation led to the arrest of the male for domestic disorderly conduct and he was taken to jail.
10) SOUTH: Conveyance – 10:54 pm, officers were called to a local hospital for a 32-year-old AAM who came in to the ER and indicated he "might" have something like a weapon. The male was not being communicative with hospital staff and was just staring down at the floor. Officers arrived on scene and recognized this subject from prior mental health calls over the last two months. With dialog from officers the male was checked for weapons and then taken to a room. Crisis/Journey Mental Health has an extensive history with this male and a decision was made to support an Emergency Detention.
11) EAST: Death Investigation – 1:01 am, officers were called with Madison Fire Rescue to a nursing home in the 100 block of Belmont Road for a male not breathing and without a pulse. An 84-year-old AM was deceased in bed and there was nothing suspicious about his death.
12) WEST: Missing Adult – 3:47 am, officers were called to the 3300 block of Prairie Rd. reference an 18-year-old AAF who may be missing and endangered. The female is not answering her text and phone, and a phone ping showed up on west side of the city but had over a 3000 meter variance. Female is being entered as missing at this time. Investigation continuing.