From 5:30 a.m. on 01/05/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/06/2018, MPD received 423 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 4:24 a.m. Officers responded to the 400 block of W. Gorham St for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (20 year old WF victim and 22 year old AAM suspect). The suspect battered and strangled the victim. The victim was evaluated at a local hospital for her injuries. The suspect was arrested on multiple domestic charges.
2) SOUTH: Traffic Incident – 5:58 a.m. Officers assisted the WI State Patrol and Town of Madison PD with a single vehicle roll-over crash. The crash caused the off-ramp from the Beltline (westbound) to northbound Rimrock Road to be closed until the scene was investigated/cleared.
3) WEST: Stolen Auto – 6:39 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for a report of a stolen vehicle that was left unattended, running and unlocked. Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
*ADDITIONAL INFO: Officers were called to the 1800 block of Helene Parkway at 2:42 a.m. for possible drug use in a vehicle. Upon approach, multiple people ran from the car but one 15 year old was detained. The stolen auto was recovered as well as the key to the vehicle. A second 15 year old male was detained on Thurston Lane. Investigation continuing.
4) SOUTH: Strong Arm Robbery – 7:21 a.m. Officers responded to Klinke Cleaners located at 939 S. Park Street for an attempted robbery. The suspect (WM) fled on foot. K9 track conducted. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
5) EAST: Death Investigation – 7:47 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence regarding a 5 month old child pulseless/not breathing. The baby was transported to a local hospital where she was pronounced. Medical Examiner's office will be conducting follow-up. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Stolen Auto – 8:21 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for a report of a stolen auto that was left unoccupied, running and unlocked. Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 9:24 a.m. Officers responded to Schroeder Road for a wanted subject. The suspect (23 year old AAM) was located and arrested on pending domestic charges. *This case is from 1/3/2018.
8) NORTH: Sexual Assault – 12:19 p.m. Officers responded to Northport Drive where a victim (21 year old AAF) reported a sexual assault by a known suspect (40 year old AAM). Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 2:05 p.m. MPD was dispatched to a subject (30 year old white male) who was out of control at Madison College. Madison College security reported that the suspect was huffing computer cleaner. Security attempted to stop the suspect from huffing. The suspect resisted and continued to huff. Security utilized an electronic control device (ECD) to gain control of the suspect. The suspect was taken into custody and transported to jail. The suspect already had an open case for huffing behavior. He was charged with bail jumping and abusing a hazardous substance.
10) CENTRAL: Conveyance Mental Health – 2:36 p.m. The OIC's office received a body attachment for a 74 year old AAF. Officers located the female and transported her to the hospital. At 7:00 p.m., officers received clearance to begin the transport of the subject.
11) EAST: Suspicious Person – 4:52 p.m. An off duty officer reported that a subject (38 year old WM) appeared at a barber shop on Lien Road where the officer was getting a haircut. The subject took photos of the off duty officer on his phone. The subject has advised in the past that he follows officers off duty and has exhibited threatening behavior. No probable cause at this time to substantiate a charge. Investigation continuing.
12) EAST: Fight Call – 8:24 p.m. Special duty officers working the Lafollette basketball game requested extra resources for multiple fights that were breaking out. Officers were able to get the situation under control. No arrests were made. At one point there were 12 units assigned to the call in order to keep the peace.
13) CENTRAL: Accident w/Injuries – 10:29 p.m. Officers were called to an injury crash at Williamson Street and Thornton Avenue. A 17 year old AAM was driving inbound on Williamson Street when a 59 year old WM pedestrian came out into traffic and was struck by the vehicle. The male was transported to a local hospital with multiple issues. The driver remained on scene and was very cooperative. Investigation continuing.
14) CENTRAL: Aggravated Substantial Battery – 2:14 a.m. Officers were called for a disturbance in the 400 block of West Gorham Street. Once on scene it was determined that a 22 year old WM was knocked unconscious by a male who had left the scene. The injured person was transported to a local hospital and witnesses were interviewed. The suspect is a white male and lead information is being developed at this time. Investigation continuing.