From 5:30 a.m. on 09/24/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 09/25/2017, MPD received 345 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
Certain calls have recurrent themes in terms of time and labor intensity. For example, when individuals are taken for an evaluation due to a mental health issue or episodic break, MPD does an extensive collaboration with Journey Mental Health in determining the least restrictive option. These are always two officer calls and can routinely last between 5-8 hours (or more). Emergency Detention conveyances are taken to the Winnebago Mental Health Hospital in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. This is a five hour round-trip, including intake, that takes two officers out of our community and creates challenges for us as we attempt to service calls.
1) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 4:52 a.m. Officers had responded to this same area earlier regarding an unfounded theft. Officers made contact with the same parties as earlier in the day and observed obvious injuries to a subject/victim (27 year old HM). It was determined that the suspect (41 year old HF) physically attacked the victim responded to the 3100 block of Ridgeway Avenue for a 911 disconnect. Officers after accusing him of stealing her wallet. The suspect was arrested and charged with recklessly endangering safety, battery and disorderly conduct while armed.
2) EAST: Death Investigation – 5:56 a.m. Officers responded to the 5100 block of Camden Road for a deceased subject (55 year old AF). The death was expected due to the health of the decedent. Medical Examiner responded. Nothing suspicious noted.
3) WEST: Drug Incident Overdose – 8:06 a.m. Officers responded to the 5800 block of Thrush Lane where a subject (33 year old WF) was having an overdose. EMS administered Naloxone and the subject was revived/transported to the hospital. No paraphernalia was located. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: Check Person/Weapons Offense – 9:22 a.m. Officers responded to the 2400 block of Brentwood Parkway for a report of a subject (AAM) walking with a gun in his hand. Officers checked the area and did not locate anything suspicious.
5) EAST: Death Investigation – 10:41 a.m. Officers responded to Judd Street to check the welfare of a subject (79 year old WF) who had not been seen for approximately one week. Officers and MFD locate the subject deceased. Medical Examiner responded to the location. Nothing suspicious noted.
6) CENTRAL: Theft from Auto – 4:00 p.m. Officers responded to W. Dayton Street for a report of a missing handgun from a vehicle. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 5:14 p.m. Officers responded to the 2000 block of Northport Drive where a victim (31 year old AAF) reported being physically abused by a suspect (28 year old AAM). The suspect was arrested for battery and a probation hold.
8) WEST: Sexual Assault of a Child – 6:04 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital for a report of a sexual assault of a child (11 year old HM) by a suspect (34 year old HM). The incident occurred on Carling Drive. The suspect was arrested for 1st degree sexual assault of a child.
9) NORTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 7:45 p.m. Officers responded to Pawling Street for a report of a missing juvenile (16 year old WM). Attempt to locate aired and the juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
10) SOUTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 7:47 p.m. Officers responded to Bay View for a report of a subject (23 year old WM) who was screaming, shouting and threatening to kill on-lookers. Officers located the subject who refused to listen to their instructions. The subject threatened to kill officers. A plan was put into place to take the subject into protective custody. The subject was taken into custody. The subject was transported to a local hospital and then to Winnebago by two MPD officers. The officers arrived at Winnebago at approximately 3:37 a.m.
11) EAST: Stalking Complaint – 8:07 p.m. Officers responded to Camden Road for a report of a stalking complaint of a victim (30 year old WF) by a suspect (35 year old AAM). Investigation continuing.
12) SOUTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 10:17 p.m. Officers responded to W. Washington Avenue for a report of a sexual assault of a child of a victim (13 year old HF) by a suspect (28 year old HM). Investigation revealed domestic violence was also occurring by the same suspect towards the victim's mother (42 year old HF). The suspect was arrested for second degree sexual assault of a child, domestic disorderly conduct and domestic battery.
13) EAST: Battery Aggravated/Substantial – 10:59 p.m. Officers responded to the 5000 block of Blazing Star Drive where a victim (23 year old HM) was knocked to the ground and was physically assaulted. There were multiple individuals in the area and a suspect has not been identified yet. Investigation continuing.
14) SOUTH: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 11:53 p.m. Officers responded to the 2100 block of Luann Lane for a report of shots fired. Officers checked the area and did not locate any evidence of shots fired.
15) CENTRAL: Injured Person – 2:19 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital where a subject (22 year old WM) was present with injuries. The subject is not sure how his injuries were sustained. The subject had been drinking. No other information known. Investigation continuing.