From 5:30 a.m. on 08/10/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 08/11/2017, MPD received 494 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) SOUTH: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 2:15 a.m. Officers were dispatched to the area of University Ave/Forest St reference several callers reporting 5-6 gunshots heard in the area. Officers initially located no evidence/scene. Shortly after 8am, another caller indicated they had located 5 bullet casings in a wastebasket that is shared by 4-5 boarders. Officers responded, collected the casings and interviewed the only available resident. Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Suspicious Person – 10:43 a.m. Officers were dispatched to the 3000 block of Darbo Drive where the caller wished to report the sighting of a suspect (AAM) who he had previously reported a few weeks ago of shooting at his dog. Limited vehicle and suspect descriptions provided. Area searched and suspect/vehicle was not located.
3) WEST: Check Person – 12:11 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 1000 block of Deming Way for a report of a suicidal subject. The caller indicated that her husband/subject (24 year old MW) was enroute to her location to drop off their child and he had threatened to kill himself after doing so. The child was dropped off unharmed and the subject left the area before the officers arrived. Officers were not able to locate the subject. Attempt to locate subject aired.
4) NORTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 1:09 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 3000 block of Packers Avenue for a pick up order (from Dane County Mental Health) on a subject (32 year old MW) who had been refusing to take his medications. Officers took him to a local hospital where he was admitted 5 hours later.
5) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 4:14 p.m. On August 9th officers were dispatched to the 1300 block of Glacier Hill Drive regarding a violent physical domestic incident. The report was being made by a friend of the victim (30 year old WF) who was not willing to provide a statement to officers. It was determined during the investigation that the suspect (32 year old AAM) had several warrants for his arrest and was working in Sun Prairie. On August 10th, officers, along with the assistance from Sun Prairie, made contact with the suspect and placed him under arrest. The suspect denied any domestic incidents. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 4:34 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 4500 block of Verona Road for a retail theft. The suspect (39 year old MW) was uncooperative with loss prevention. Officers arrived and the suspect fled. Officers found the suspect hiding in a bush. The suspect was arrested for felony retail theft and resisting. During a search incident to arrest, cocaine and heroin was found on the suspect.
7) CENTRAL: Accident Hit and Run – 5:15 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 600 block of W. Washington Ave for a hit and run accident. The suspect fled on foot prior to officers arrival. Three vehicle were involved in the accident. Substantial damage was done to the vehicles and one person was transported to a local hospital with minor injuries. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 6:04 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 200 block of East Towne Mall for a subject passed out in a vehicle. Officers located the vehicle and two occupants of the vehicle were arrested on outstanding warrants (2 MWs, 23 and 22 years of age). One suspect was booked into jail and the other suspect was transported to a local hospital for observation due to drug use. The suspect taken to the hospital was admitted for a skull fracture which likely occurred when he overdosed and fell in the parking lot where officers located both suspects.
9) NORTH: Strong Arm Robbery – 9:30 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 3500 block of E. Washington Avenue where a customer of the store reported that their wallet was stolen. Suspect description provided (15-16 year old AAM). Video from the business was being reviewed. Initially this call was thought to be a theft but it was later updated to a strong arm robbery. Investigation continuing.
10) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 9:43 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 4000 block of Nakoosa Trail for a subject (23 year old MW) who was sitting on a bench breathing but unresponsive. MFD administered naloxone and transported the subject to a local hospital where he was admitted for observation. There was not enough evidence for any charges but a probation/parole hold was placed on the subject.
11) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 10:22 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 3500 block of Straubel Street where the victim (29 year old AAM) observed a suspect (66 year old AAM) rummaging through the victim's vehicle. Victim made this observation from the vantage point of the balcony of his home. The victim then yelled at the suspect and confronted him. Simultaneous with this call, MPD is told by dispatch that there is a shots fired incident in the 3500 block of Graceland Avenue. The caller reports hearing one shot, people arguing and someone yelling "stay back." An officer finds a casing under the balcony at the Straubel location. The original victim/resident admits that he has a gun but denies firing at the suspect. The suspect tells the officer that he did not hear a shot while he was in the car. The suspect was arrested for theft from auto.
12) SOUTH: Armed Robbery – 11:26 p.m. Victim (56 year old WM) is walking northbound on the sidewalk in the 2200-2300 block of Catalpa Road when two males approach him from behind, step in front of him and point a handgun at him. One of the suspects goes through the victim's pockets and takes his wallet/phone. The suspects leave the area in a vehicle. The suspects are described as AAMs. Investigation continuing.
13) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 12:47 a.m. Officers were dispatched to the 3500 block of Pierstorff Street for an overdose. MFD arrived and administered 6 doses of naloxone. The residents cleaned up everything prior to officers arriving on scene and denied knowing what had occurred. The overdose subject/suspect (27 year old WM) became combative with MFD. The suspect was taken into custody, transported to the hospital and cited for resisting.
14) NORTH: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 4:27 a.m. Multiple callers reported two gunshots heard in the 2100 to 2300 blocks of E. Mifflin/E. Johnson/E. Washington area. Area was checked and nothing was located.