From 5:30 a.m. on 12/15/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/16/2017, MPD received 435 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Damage to Property – 7:41 a.m. Officers responded to Meadowood Drive for a report of multiple vehicles damaged. Officers located several vehicles damaged (windows smashed) on Meadowood Drive, Monticello Way, Leland Drive and Thrush Lane. Investigation continuing.
2) WEST: Drug Incident Overdose – 9:40 a.m. Officers responded to the 700 block of S. Gammon Road for a subject having an overdose. MFD contacted the subject/suspect (24 year old WF) who regained consciousness. The suspect admitted to heroin use. Drug paraphernalia observed on scene. The suspect was transported to a local hospital. She was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia and referred to the Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative (MARI).
3) WEST: Weapons Offense/Person with a Gun – 11:41 a.m. Officers responded to the area of Loreen Drive/Prairie Road for an open 911 call with a disturbance in the background. Yelling was overheard and references to a subject with a gun were made. Officers arrived and made contact with several individuals. The subject reported to have a gun (39 year old AAM) was contacted and acknowledged a disturbance but denied that a gun was involved. No other suspects/victims/witnesses were located. No charges substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing.
4) WEST: Assist Police – 1:09 p.m. MPD responded to the 2300 block of Chalet Gardens Road to assist Fitchburg PD with a weapons offense in that jurisdiction. MPD provided traffic direction only. However, Fitchburg PD discovered 6 casings from this incident. A possible vehicle of interest is a newer black automobile, with dark tinted windows, and lots of chrome on the rear of the vehicle.
5) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 3:16 p.m. MPD responded to the intersection of Cottage Grove Road at Monona Drive for a single vehicle crash, in which the vehicle fled. The traffic box at this location was destroyed due to the crash. The vehicle pulled into a parking lot close by. The suspect vehicle caused a crash in this lot as well, and the operator (51 year old WM) fled from the scene and was located by an MPD officer one block away. It turns out the vehicle operator was involved in a domestic dispute with his wife (51 year old WF) in the 2800 block of Sommers Avenue. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery, domestic disorderly conduct, disorderly conduct (non-domestic), and hit-and-run.
6) EAST: Death Investigation – 3:27 p.m. MPD responded with MFD to the 700 block of Jupiter Drive for an 83 year old WF who was pulseless and not breathing. The patient had a DNR bracelet on and lifesaving efforts were discontinued. Medical examiner responded and nothing suspicious was found.
7) WEST: Stolen Auto – 3:50 p.m. West district officers were responding to the 6600 block of Jacobs Way for an alarm when the first responding officer located a stolen automobile traveling on Jacobs Way. The officer activated the squad emergency lights and sirens and the suspect vehicle fled at a high rate of speed. The officer did not engage in a vehicle pursuit. The stolen auto was occupied by three AAM's and the vehicle was stolen out of the City of Fitchburg (originally). Area was checked and contact was made with three juveniles on foot in the area who claimed no involvement in the incident. Investigation continuing.
8) SOUTH: Death Investigation – 4:19 p.m. MPD officers were sent to a local hospital for a 28 year old WF who was dropped off by a 57 year old AAM in a red Nissan Xterra. The female was pronounced deceased at the hospital. Two detectives responded to the hospital to assist in the investigation and are attempting to follow-up with the AAM. WI Crime Alert was sent out. Investigation continuing.
9) CITY-WIDE: Sexual Assault – 6:15 p.m. A 33 year old AAF met a male online from the dating website "plenty of fish." The AAM, whose identity is unknown, met for a date last night in the downtown Madison area. After visiting various establishments, the victim believes her drink was drugged when she left it unattended. The victim woke up at an unknown address on the east or north side of Madison. Investigation continuing.
10) NORTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 11:03 p.m. A 15 year old WM was last seen in his bedroom around 8:00 p.m. When his parents went to check on him a short while later, they noticed his bedroom window open and he was gone. The male does not have any medical/mental health needs. His parents believe he went to trade his Christmas gifts for drugs. ATL was aired and the subject was listed as a runaway, and listed in all the appropriate databases as missing.
11) EAST: Disorderly Conduct – 11:22 p.m. MPD responded to a recovery facility for alcoholics for a subject (56 year old WM) who had been drinking, which is against the rules. The subject was confronted by the manager, who took him to a hotel for the evening so he could sober up. The subject returned to the address, grabbed a kitchen knife, and started yelling. The roommate was removed and contact was made with the suspect who was arrested without incident.
12) EAST: Child Abuse – 11:31 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the east side for a disturbance involving a 52 year old WM (dad) and his 17 year old WF daughter. The dispute was over her grades and plans for college. At some point, the argument escalated between the suspect father and daughter. The daughter was struck in the face. The daughter did have a bloody nose. The suspect was arrested for physical abuse to a child and taken to jail.