From 5:30 a.m. on 01/19/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/20/2018, MPD received 328 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Weapons Offense – 7:58 a.m. Shots fired call on 1/18/2018 at approximately 10:00 p.m. At that time, officers did not locate anything or anyone injured. However, during daylight hours on 01/19/2018 empty shell casings were located and an unoccupied condominium was found with bullet holes in it. The address of occurrence is in the 300 block of Junction Road. Madison's Violent Crimes Unit (VCU) is investigating the incident.
2) WEST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 9:37 a.m. A mother advised MPD her son (17 year old HM) was last seen 1/16/2018 at 11:00 p.m. She has no idea where he might be at this time. Attempt to locate was aired and the juvenile was entered into the appropriate databases.
3) EAST: Conveyance Mental Health – 4:03 p.m. Madison Police Department responded to a local hospital to do a collaborative assessment of a subject who had disclosed making a recent suicidal attempt. Journey Mental Health recommended that the individual be placed under an emergency detention. After further discussions and work with the individual, a voluntary admission was opted for.
4) CENTRAL: Conveyance Mental Health – 4:45 p.m. A complainant called to request a welfare check on a subject (24 year old WF), who was texting suicidal statements. Officers contacted the subject, who ultimately agreed to a voluntary admittance to a local hospital.
5) CENTRAL: OMVWI Arrest/Intoxicated Driver – 7:10 p.m. MPD officers investigated a crash at Williamson Street and Blair Street where two passengers were transported to the hospital. Officers contacted the driver, a 24 year old AAF, who admitted to smoking marijuana prior to the crash. A consensual blood draw was conducted and there will be further follow-up by a traffic specialist. Investigation continuing.
6) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 7:35 p.m. MPD was dispatched to a disturbance at Paradise Lounge, 119 West Main Street, for an individual who was being unruly and disruptive. The subject was taken into custody and cited; however, due to his high level of intoxication was subsequently sent to Detox.
7) NORTH: Conveyance Alcohol (Detox) - 8:29 p.m. Officers were dispatched to Debra Lane for a report of caller's husband threatening suicide and two firearms were in the house. A 27 year old WM was ultimately placed into protective custody and conveyed to Detox. Given the fact that this subject had threatened to shoot himself, two handguns were voluntarily turned over to MPD for safekeeping.
8) SOUTH: Missing Adult – 9:53 p.m. MPD responded to the 700 block of S. Park Street and met with a 67 year old WF who reported that her husband, a 56 year old WM, has problems with depression and is currently using alcohol. The subject has also been having suicidal thoughts. The subject is at large and an attempt to locate was aired. Subject was also entered into appropriate databases as a missing and possibly endangered person. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Disturbance – 12:18 a.m. MPD was dispatched to the 1700 block of Onsgard Road where officers contacted two parties, where both had called police to report the other individual. Officers determined that a 38 year old AAM had bail conditions from a prior domestic in Rock County directing him not to have contact with the victim (34 year old WF). The suspect was arrested and charged with misdemeanor bail jumping. While walking out to the squad car, both officer and subject slipped on an icy patch and both went down to the ground. The suspect was taken to a local hospital in order to make sure there were no injuries caused. A misdemeanor citation was issued at the hospital and the suspect was left there due to a lengthy wait in the ER. (The officer was not injured.)
10) NORTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 12:51 a.m. Officers were dispatched to Trailsway/Monterey area for shots fired with two callers. Officers checked the area, but could not locate anything. Investigation continuing.
11) SOUTH: Disturbance – 3:28 a.m. Officers were dispatched to the 2300 block of Post Road reference a disturbance. A caller stated that a female had a gun and a screwdriver and took his prescription pills. Officers contacted a 38 year old AAF, who was clearly sleeping and not involved in any disturbance. Officers are familiar with the suspect (44 year old AAM) who has been harassing female for over a year and false reporting to get female in trouble. No probable cause established for any crime.