From 5:30 a.m. on 09/21/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 09/22/2017, MPD received 479 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Assist EMS/Fire – 8:40 a.m. Officers responded to the 5100 block of Pflaum Road to assist MFD with securing the area after a gas pipe ruptured due to construction in the area.
2) EAST: Disturbance – 9:31 a.m. Officers responded to the 4000 block of Nakoosa Trail for a physical disturbance. A suspect (30 year old WF) approached the victim (48 year old WF) and pulled her hair to the point of forcing her to the ground. The suspect left the area before police arrived. The police located and arrested the suspect who was uncooperative. The suspect was charged with disorderly conduct (2 counts).
3) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 12:06 p.m. Officers responded to Torrey Pines Court for a disturbance. Officers have responded to this address multiple times in the past several days. The victim (65 year old WM) reported on this date that his son/suspect (23 year old WM) damaged the garage door and a bicycle. Officers are familiar with the suspect as he has some mental health issues. The suspect's behavior has been escalating as of recently and he is not taking his medication. MPD mental health officer is plugged in. The suspect was arrested for domestic criminal damage to property.
4) NORTH: Assist – Follow Up – 1:51 p.m. Officers responded to Northport Drive to assist Child Protective Services with removing two children for failure to thrive. The children were transported to a local hospital for a medical evaluation/treatment.
5) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 1:49 p.m. Officers responded to Moorland Road for a domestic disturbance. A victim (29 year old AAM) and a suspect (27 year old AAF) had recently ended their relationship. The suspect arrived unplanned at the victim's residence. The victim attempted to retrieve some of his items from the suspect's vehicle's trunk when the suspect turned the vehicle on and started to back up attempting to hit the victim. The suspect then continued to drive towards the victim and the victim sustained injuries. The suspect fled the area. There are charges pending for the suspect (domestic 2nd degree reckless, domestic disorderly conduct while armed, domestic disorderly conduct, domestic 2nd degree recklessly endangering safety and criminal damage to property). Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Weapons Offense – 5:39 p.m. Officers responded to a parking lot in the 2300 block of Allied Drive for a report of people fighting and someone holding a gun in the air. Officers arrived and two subjects were taken into custody. One suspect (20 year old HM) was cited and released for the discharge of a firearm. One suspect (20 year old HM) was less than cooperative and ended up in jail with multiple tickets (discharge of a firearm, underage drinking and expectorating in public).
7) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 6:10 p.m. Officers responded to W. Johnson Street for a report of a sexual assault. The victim (22 year old WF) met the suspect (26 year old WM) on a dating website. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 6:44 p.m. Officers responded to the 5100 block of Unity Way to follow-up on a prior incident where a suspect (51 year old AAM) had a gun during a disturbance. The suspect was located and taken into custody for the prior incident. He was also found to be in possession of cocaine and was further charged with felony bail jumping.
9) CENTRAL: Check Property – 8:18 p.m. Officers responded to the 700 block of Williamson Street to check a property for a trespasser seen on video surveillance. Officers arrived, checked the area, cleared the building and did not locate any subject(s). Investigation continuing.
10) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 8:54 p.m. Officers responded to Trailsway for a subject (32 year old WM) who was having an overdose. The subject was administered Naloxone by EMS and transported to a local hospital where he remained unresponsive. No drug evidence was located. No charges at this time. Investigation continuing.
11) SOUTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 9:01 p.m. Officers responded to Libby Road for a subject (25 year old WF) who was having an overdose. The subject was transported to a local hospital and cited.
12) WEST: Detox Conveyance – 9:57 p.m. Officers responded to Harvey Street to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (40 year old WM). Officers worked to establish a rapport with the subject who did not want the police involved. The subject was found to be highly intoxicated so he was taken into protective custody and conveyed to Detox where a mental health evaluation was ordered. Officers were later requested to talk with the subject about his access to weapons. The officers were given consent to check the subject's home and a weapon was taken for safekeeping.
13) WEST: Missing Adult – 1:38 a.m. Officers responded to Tottenham Road for a report of a missing subject (25 year old WM who has autism and usually has 24 hour supervision). A systematic search was put into place. A K9 assisted with the search as well as MPD's unmanned aircraft system. The subject returned to the residence around 5:30 a.m.
14) CENTRAL: Strong Arm Robbery – 2:17 a.m. Officers responded to the 400 block of N. Francis Street where a victim (23 year old WM) was battered by a suspect (AAM). The victim's phone and cash were taken from him and the victim was unconscious for an unknown amount of time. Investigation continuing.