From 5:30 a.m. on 03/19/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/20/2018, MPD received 422 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
**Priority calls only West, Midtown and South at 5:30 p.m. due to calls for service.
**Priority calls only city-wide at 8:00 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. due to calls for service.
**From 5th detail, 4 officers were required to do emergency detention conveyances to Winnebago.
1) MIDTOWN: Disturbance – 9:10 a.m. Officers responded to a hotel on Grand Canyon Dr for a subject (21 year old AAM) causing a disturbance (threatening staff, causing damage to property, throwing things). The subject/suspect was contacted and arrested for criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct.
2) MIDTOWN: Disturbance – 1:19 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital regarding a subject (17 year old AAF) who wished to report a sexual assault at an unknown location. An address of occurrence was ultimately identified and it was found to be in the jurisdiction of the Sheriff's Department. The investigation was turned over to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
3) SOUTH: Child Abuse – 2:31 p.m. Officers responded to assist Child Protective Services with a child abuse investigation. The victim (10 year old HM) was interviewed, along with his two siblings. The victim's mother was identified as the suspect (29 year old HF) and was contacted/interviewed. No arrest/charges were deemed appropriate at this time. A safety plan was established and the children were left in the care of their mother. Investigation continuing.
4) WEST: Drug Incident/Overdose – 3:55 p.m. Officers responded to West Towne Mall for a subject (40 year old WM) having an overdose. MPD administered Naloxone to the subject which revived him. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital. The subject admitted to using heroin. Drug paraphernalia was observed at the scene. The subject was cited for possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia.
5) EAST: PNB/AED Response – 6:17 p.m. Officers responded, along with MFD, to a pulseless non-breathing (PNB) subject (54 year old AAM) on Rethke Ave. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment. Investigation continuing (initial investigation shows that the subject likely suffered a medical emergency).
6) MIDTOWN: Mental Health Conveyance – 6:33 p.m. Officers responded to assist Journey Mental Health with a subject (16 year old WM). The subject was placed into protective custody and conveyed to a local hospital for a medical clearance. The subject became combative and resistive towards officers as they took him into protective custody. At approximately 2 a.m., an ambulance arrived at the hospital to assist with the transport of the subject to Winnebago (due to his resistive behaviors).
7) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 7:53 p.m. Officers responded to a domestic disturbance on Portage Rd. It was reported that the male subject/suspect (30 year old NAM) was armed with a knife. The victim (30 year old AAF) reported being strangled by the suspect. The suspect also took the victim's phones from her not allowing her to call for help. The victim fled and contacted police. Both subjects were reportedly intoxicated. The victim did not want to cooperate with the investigation. The suspect was not on scene when officers were present. Charges are pending for the suspect for domestic strangulation and domestic intimidation of a victim. Investigation continuing.
8) WEST: Mental Health Conveyance – 7:53 p.m. Officers responded to Hammersley Rd for a subject (15 year old WM) threatening suicide. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. The subject was ultimately transported to Winnebago on an emergency detention order.
9) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 8:02 p.m. Officers responded to Ho-Chunk on Evan Ackers Rd for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (28 year old AAF victim and 42 year old AAM suspect). The victim and the suspect got into a verbal altercation that ended up turning physical. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
10) WEST: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 10:04 p.m. Officers responded to Morraine View Dr for a report of shots fired. A description of a suspect was provided (AAM). No injuries were located. Several casings were located. Video evidence was reviewed. Two potential victims were identified. Residents from the building were less than cooperative with the investigation. Investigation continuing.
11) MIDTOWN: Adult Arrested Person – 1:25 a.m. Officers responded to Odana Lane for sounds of a disturbance. As officers were en route, the victim (44 year old WM) called police to report that his ex-girlfriend/suspect (39 year old WF) caused damage to his residence and had injuries from doing so. The suspect was found to be intoxicated. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property.
12) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 1:46 a.m. Officers responded to Loftsgordon Ave for a disturbance. Officers forced entry to the residence as they heard a female in distress and no one would come to the door. The female/victim (35 year old WF) and the suspect (35 year old AAM) were contacted. The female had numerous injuries. The victim was not fully cooperative. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct. Officers attempted to set up a safety plan for the victim but she did not want to cooperate.