From 5:30 a.m. on 10/13/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/14/2017, MPD received 455 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 5:36 a.m. Officers responded to a business in the 600 block of University Avenue where a suspect (26 year old WM) was inside and asleep without permission from the owner. The suspect was contacted by police. The suspect was intoxicated and not cooperative. He was recognized as a potential suspect in an earlier offense where several women were being chased by a man asking them for cigarettes. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct.
2) EAST: Disorderly Conduct – 10:51 a.m. Officers responded to a business in the 2000 block of E. Washington Avenue where an argument was taking place between co-workers. A 28 year old AAF suspect was not on scene when the officers arrived. A 46 year old AAM suspect was on scene and was issued a ticket for disorderly conduct. Female suspect will also be issued a citation for the same charge, once located.
3) CENTRAL: Physical Abuse to a Child -- 12:22 p.m. CPS called police to meet a caseworker on S Park St, reference a 4 year old WM who had bruising to an area around his eye. Child had made statements indicating that the mother (27 year old WF) may have caused it. The child was placed with another family member while the investigation is ongoing.
4) WEST: Drug Investigation -- 3:28 p.m. Officers were dispatched to 201 Junction Rd (Target), to check on a 26 year old WM on behalf of his concerned mother who had received suicidal texts from him and who knew he was staying there, living out of his car. Officers arrive and contacted the subject and his 19 year old WF girlfriend. The girlfriend admits that there is heroin in the vehicle and consents to a search. Heroin and paraphernalia are discovered and the male admits they belong to him. The male subject is cited and Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative (MARI) paperwork is completed. The subject is subsequently taken to a local hospital voluntarily due to his deteriorating mental health concerns and was admitted.
5) WEST: Fight Call -- 4:14 p.m. Officers were dispatched to a fight call involving two individuals in the 5000 block of Raymond Rd. Officers arrive and contact a 17 year old AAF and a 16 year old AAF who have had an ongoing dispute. The 17 year old had been charged in the past for fighting with the 16 year old and is on bail conditions not to have any contact with the 16 year old. Nevertheless, they cross paths today and decide to engage in a physical disturbance with both sides blaming the other. The 17 year old is arrested and transported to jail for bail jumping and Disorderly Conduct.
6) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault of a Child -- 4:34 p.m. MPD is asked to respond along with CPS to an address on Williamson St. Mother catches her pre-adolescent son and daughter attempting to engage in sex. CPS creates a safety plan and further investigation will be conducted jointly between the agencies.
7) SOUTH: Missing Person – 4:57 p.m. UWPD requested that MPD respond to an address on Wingra Dr to check on the welfare of a professor who had not arrived to teach classes. Officers gain entry to his house and clear it, but do not locate anyone. Subject listed as a missing person and normal databases and sources of contact are made aware of the situation.
8) SOUTH: Emergency Detention -- 4:53 p.m. MPD was dispatched to a local hospital where a 22 year old WM who had been brought. This subject was suicidal. Ultimately, Journey Mental Health supported that an emergency detention petition be initiated.
9) CENTRAL: Drug Incident Overdose -- 6:12 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the Overture Center (201 State St), regarding a 36 year old WM down in the bathroom, not breathing. Officers arrive and provide naloxone and perform CCR. MFD arrives and provides additional naloxone. A needle and tourniquet were in the subject's hand upon officer arrival. Subject will be evaluated as a candidate for MARI.
10) WEST: Domestic Disturbance -- 6:13 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the 700 block of S Gammon Rd reference a domestic disturbance between a 25 year old AAM and a 23 year old AAF. The female had arrived to retrieve the child the two share when she was accused by the male of making fun of him on Facebook. She denied this but the male, who had a coffee can filled with mud and gravel in his hand, put his other hand into the mud and then slapped her with his now muddy hand three times. Others then stepped out from between cars, having recorded this and she believes that this was pre-arranged to embarrass her. She gets into her car and flees. Officers are able to retrieve the child on her behalf and the suspect is currently at large. Investigation continuing.
11) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose -- 7:29 p.m. MPD was dispatched to 4802 Annamark Dr (KFC), for a 23 year old WM who had overdosed and was unconscious in a vehicle. This was being called in by his 25 year old WF girlfriend. MFD arrives and revives him. Officers determine that he had purchased heroin at Wendy's and then snorted it at Hwy 51 and 151. The subject and his girlfriend then pulled into the KFC where he went unconscious. Both are MARI candidates and paperwork completed.
12) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose -- 1:33 a.m. Boyfriend had called to report his girlfriend had overdosed. Officers arrive at an address on Trailsway and locate the suspect (33 year old WF). MFD was providing medical attention to her upon police arrival. She was revived and transported. She told officers that she was an addict but has been clean for over a year and her boyfriend supplied her with heroin tonight. She will be transported to jail once medically cleared for Possession of Heroin.
13) WEST: Weapons Offense -- 1:53 a.m. Caller reported a fight between a male (27 year old AAM) and a female (19 year old AAF) on the road in the 3100 block of Muir Field Rd. Female was reportedly screaming for help and yelling at the male to get away. Male was reportedly dragging the female by the hair, and then held her down as he got on top of her. The male and female are boyfriend/girlfriend. A third party intervenes (19 year old UM), believing that if he does not intervene the female would be seriously hurt, and produces a knife. The two males begin fighting, and the boyfriend at some point suffers a laceration. Responding officers locate the disturbance, and separate all parties. Male is discovered to have a large laceration to his abdomen, and fire rescue is requested. Injuries deemed superficial, but subject is being held at the hospital due to being given medication. Boyfriend will have Domestic Disorderly Conduct charges. The third party has a warrant and upon hearing he would be facing charges (2nd degree Reckless), he forcefully struck his own head into the cage in the squad car, requiring a medical clearance.
14) EAST: Weapons Offense Shots Fired -- 2:01 a.m. A trooper in the area heard what he believed to be gunshots. An MPD officer heard the noise as well, estimating it occurred somewhere near Hwy 30 and Stoughton Rd. Area was checked and officers were not able to locate evidence, damage, or anyone injured.
15) CENTRAL: Fight Call -- 2:10 a.m. Caller reports 12-15 people fighting in the street, with one person unconscious. Officers arrive at Langdon St and Frances St and locate the downed person who is transported to a local hospital. The investigation leads to two groups of people leaving The Kollege Klub, with an AAM and a WM being the main instigators, and the fight occurred over a missing jacket. Other smaller disturbances break out regarding people taking offense to others taking photos of the unconscious man. The victim (21 year old WM) was heavily intoxicated and had to be hospitalized for significant injuries. Officers are working on locating the suspect for follow up.
16) SOUTH: Drug Incident Overdose/Death Investigation -- 4:43 a.m. The victim (24 year old WM) was down as his family recently kicked him out of the house. He reportedly provided heroin for himself and a friend, and they snorted it together at the Park and Ride on Stoughton Rd at approximately 9:30 p.m. last night. Friend fell asleep, and awoke this morning to find the victim cold to the touch. Friend drove to an area hospital where medical staff attempted lifesaving efforts, which were unsuccessful. Friend states he will be available to talk to a detective later if necessary. Vehicle searched. Investigation continuing.