From 5:30 a.m. on 03/26/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/27/2018, MPD received 387 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
1) EAST: Weapons Offense – 8:12am. Two residents on Ellen Ave and Mustang Way reported damage to their property as a result of a BB gun. This is potentially related to the damage reported on 3/25 to homes on Allis Ave and Acewood Blvd, which were also struck by BBs. Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Traffic Crash – 11:13am. Officers responded to a rollover crash on the bridge on southbound S Stoughton Rd at Cottage Grove Rd. Minor injuries were reported at the scene. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 12:17pm. Officers responded to Northport Dr for a report of two children who were allegedly sexually assaulted by a relative. The children were taken to a hospital for a medical evaluation. Child Protective Services was notified. Investigation continuing.
4) SOUTH: Traffic Crash/OMVWI Arrest – 1:03pm. Officers responded the 1000 block of Moorland Rd for a vehicle that had crashed into a utility pole. The suspect driver (36yo WF) admitted she had been reaching for a cell phone before crashing her vehicle. Officers observed that the suspect showed signs of impairment and she was subsequently run through field sobriety tests. The suspect was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while impaired-3rd offense, operating after revocation, and inattentive driving.
5) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 1:07pm. Officers responded to the 2500 block of Frazier Ave for a report of a physical fight between a male and female in a parking lot. Officers arrived and located the victim (26yo AAF), who reported that her boyfriend (26yo AAM) had come to her residence and began to fight with her before he ultimately took her phone and fled the scene. The suspect was contacted and persuaded to return to the scene to speak with officers. The suspect was ultimately arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
6) EAST: Retail Theft – 2:21pm. Officers responded to Shopko on Zeier Rd for a report of a retail theft. Loss Prevention staff at the store advised that six juveniles (all between the ages of 13 and 16; four were AAM, two were AAF) had been observed via security cameras stealing multiple BB guns. Two of the BB guns were recovered, with four BB guns still unaccounted for. The four missing BB guns were likely hidden somewhere by a suspect who initially fled the scene prior to police arrival. All six suspects were cited for retail theft and released to their respective guardians.
7) EAST: Death Investigation – 4:15pm. Officers responded to Gray Fox Trl for a report of a subject (85yo WF) who was unresponsive and not breathing. A medical examiner was called to the scene and reported that the death was likely from natural causes.
8) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 6:03pm. Officers responded to the 1900 block of E Washington Ave after several disconnected 911 calls. Officers had been at this residence earlier in the day for a domestic disturbance. One of the subjects (52yo WF) had now returned and was continuing the earlier disturbance with the victim (20yo WF). The two subjects were related ( mother and daughter). The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and a probation hold and was taken to jail.
9) CENTRAL: Stolen Auto – 7:40pm. Officers responded to the 10 block of N Butler St for a report of a stolen auto. The victim (24yo WF) reported that someone had taken her vehicle over the weekend. Investigation continuing.
10) CENTRAL: Burglary – 9:41pm. Officers responded to a construction site in the 1800 block of E Washington Ave for a burglary in progress. Employees of the construction company were watching the incident occur via security cameras. Upon arrival, no suspects were located in the area and nothing appears to have been taken. Investigation continuing.
11) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 2:08am. Officers responded to the 2400 block of Brentwood Pkwy for multiple reports of a single gunshot, followed by a vehicle speeding off. The area was checked extensively and no property damage, evidence, victims, or suspects were located. Investigation continuing.