The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 5:30 a.m. on 04/23/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 04/24/2018, MPD received 450 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
1) MIDTOWN: Adult Arrested Person – 8:02 a.m. Officers responded to Glacier Drive at the request of the Department of Corrections (DOC) for a suspect (19-year-old AAM) with a pending DOC warrant. The suspect fled on foot as officers arrived to the area. The suspect was apprehended and conveyed to jail for the felony probation hold warrant, trespassing, disorderly conduct and resisting. Press release completed.
2) WEST: Weapons Offense – 10:57 a.m. Officers responded to Tree Lane for a report of a subject (AAM) with a gun. The victim (30-year-old AAM) reported that the suspect pulled a gun on him and yelled profanities at him. The victim fled on foot and contacted police. The suspect was not located. There was no answer at the residence where the suspect was last seen. Investigation continuing.
3) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 11:45 a.m. Officers responded to a centralized residence for a report of a deceased subject (51-year-old WM. The subject had numerous health concerns. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's Office responded. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 12:43 p.m. Officers responded to the 4200 block of E. Washington Ave for a report of shell casings located. The shell casings were collected. No damage was located. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 2:59 p.m. Officers responded to the 2900 block of E. Washington Ave for a subject (68-year-old AAM) having an overdose. The subject was alert when officers arrived. The subject was found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia only, for which he was charged and arrested.
6) CENTRAL: Mental Health Conveyance – 3:42 p.m. Officers responded to W. Gorham St to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (44-year-old WF). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital and ultimately transported to Winnebago on an emergency detention order.
7) WEST: Drug Incident Overdose – 3:50 p.m. Officers responded to the 6300 block of Odana Rd for a subject (27-year-old WM) having an overdose. The subject was revived with Naloxone. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital where he was cited and provided a referral to the Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative (MARI).
8) EAST: Weapons Offense – 4:04 p.m. Officers responded to Acewood Blvd for a disturbance. The caller reported seeing some sort of verbal argument take place between two subjects and observed what appeared to be a handgun in possession of one of the subjects. Officers arrived and did not locate either subject. Investigation continuing.
9) CENTRAL: Missing Adult – 4:30 p.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of E. Washington Ave for a report of a missing subject (23-year-old WF). Areas checked, local hospitals contacted. Attempt to locate aired. The subject was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
10) SOUTH: Information/Strong Armed Robbery – 5:11 p.m. Officers responded to Beld St where the victim (46-year-old WM) was robbed of cash by multiple suspects. Investigation continuing.
11) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 12:41 a.m. Officers responded to W. Gilman St for a report of a disturbance between two subjects (37-year-old AAF victim and 49-year-old AAM suspect). Both subjects were intoxicated. The suspect grabbed the victim and shoved her against a wall. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
12) WEST: Information – 1:41 a.m. Officers responded to the 5800 block of Raymond Rd where the caller/complainant (41-year-old AAM) reported a verbal argument took place with his ex-girlfriend (40-year-old AAF) earlier in the evening and that when he saw her later in the evening she pointed a handgun at him. No charges have been substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing.
13) EAST: Check Person – 2:13 a.m. Officers responded to the 3000 block of E. Washington Ave where they had contact with the caller/victim (22-year-old WM) who reported being approached by an unknown subject (AAM). The victim believed the subject was going to rob him based on a declarative statement. The victim fled and nothing was taken from him. The victim was intoxicated and was not able to provide a lot of details. Investigation continuing.