It is important to keep an inventory of your personal property. This is helpful for insurance purposes and in case you become a victim of stolen property. The attached form is in an easy-to-use format that lists the important details that would be needed for these situations. Items worth noting on this form include electronics (laptops, computers, cell phones, TVs, etc.), jewelry, firearms, antiques and anything else that would be considered high-value. (Inventory Form)
The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 02/26/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 02/27/2019, MPD received 414 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 414 calls for service for the past 24-hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central (64), East (90), Midtown (75), North (60), South (40), West (54), and Other (31). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
**Priority calls only from 11:50pm-4:40am due to calls for service.
1) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 5:12 a.m. Officers responded to Trailsway regarding a "loud argument." Contact was made with two subjects (25-year-old AAF and 20-year-old AAM). The male subject was located in a closet and lied about his identity. Neither subject would cooperate with officers. The male subject/suspect was found to have an active warrant. The suspect was arrested for the outstanding warrant and obstructing. *This was a late call that did not make the previous 24-hour cycle call notes due to officers being involved at the scene and reports from the field were not yet typed.
2) CENTRAL: Trespassing – 6:30 a.m. Officers responded to the Concourse Hotel on W. Dayton St for a suspect (27-year-old AAM) trespassing and refusing to leave the premises when asked. The suspect was cited for trespassing at the same location two days prior. Officers made contact with the suspect, escorted him from the premises and issued him a citation for trespassing. The suspect returned to the property a short time later and again refused to leave. Officers responded, arrested the suspect and conveyed him to jail to post on another trespassing citation.
3) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 8:59 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital regarding a domestic disturbance between two subjects (26-year-old AAF victim and 27-year-old HM suspect) that took place on Luann Lane. The victim reported that the suspect broke into her home, slapped her and refused to let her leave. The victim was eventually able to flee the residence and went to a local hospital. The suspect was contacted and gave conflicting information. Probable cause was developed to arrest the suspect for domestic disorderly conduct.
4) WEST: Death Investigation – 9:02 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for a deceased subject (56-year-old WM). The decedent had multiple health issues. Nothing suspicious observed on scene. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 9:18 a.m. Officers responded to a north side residence for what was originally reported as a civil dispute involving a child custody issue. Officers made contact with two subjects (21-year-old WM and 21-year-old WF) at the residence. The male subject/suspect became increasingly agitated as officers were on scene. The suspect pushed an officer (officer received minor injuries). The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. The child was left in the care of his mother.
6) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 10:16 a.m. Officers responded to a domestic disturbance report between two subjects (37-year-old AAF victim and 39-year-old AAM suspect). The victim reported that the suspect borrowed her vehicle on Monday and when he returned it Tuesday he was intoxicated, which led to an argument. The victim stated the suspect pushed, punched and choked her before leaving the area. The suspect was located on Northport Drive and taken into custody without incident. The suspect was charged with battery and strangulation (domestic-related charges). A substance, believed to be drugs, was also located on the suspect. Additional charges may be forthcoming. Investigation continuing.
7) SOUTH: Death Investigation – 10:24 a.m. Officers responded to a motel in the south district for a deceased subject (38-year-old WM). Initial indicator of death is a heroin overdose. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Adult Arrested Person/Retail Theft – 10:47 a.m. Officers responded to Kohl's on East Springs Drive for a suspect (33-year-old WM) being held by loss prevention staff for retail theft. The suspect was arrested for felony retail theft.
9) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 3:25 p.m. Officers took a wanted suspect (41-year-old AAM) into custody without incident on Zeier Road. The suspect was charged with disorderly conduct and felony bail jumping (3 counts). Investigation continuing.
10) EAST: Crash/OMVWI – 5:08 p.m. Officers responded to Milwaukee St/Walbridge Ave for a report of a crash. A driver/suspect (29-year-old WM) turned onto Walbridge, lost control, knocked down a stop sign and got stuck on a terrace. The suspect left the scene but was located and subsequently arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. Additional charges may be forthcoming. Investigation continuing.
11) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 6:21 p.m. Officers responded to Shopko on Zeier Rd for a retail theft in progress. Officers made contact with the suspect (31-year-old WF). The suspect was arrested for retail theft, possession of cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
12) WEST: Weapons Offense – 11:10 p.m. Officers responded to the intersection of Schroeder Rd/Struck Street for a male causing a disturbance. Officers arrived in the area and observed the suspect run toward the 6500 block of Schroeder Rd. Officers learned that the suspect forced entry into an occupied residence and assaulted the homeowner. MPD SWAT responded to the scene. The suspect (45-year-old AAM) was taken into custody. No significant injuries reported. Charges pending for the suspect. Incident Report on MPD's website completed. Investigation continuing.
13) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 12:54 a.m. Officers responded to W. Dayton Street for a trespassing complaint. The suspect (27-year-old AAM) had been previously arrested for trespassing at the same location. The suspect refused to leave again. A crack pipe was located on the suspect. The suspect was arrested for trespass after notification, possession of drug paraphernalia and bail jumping. **Same suspect as #2 above.
14) EAST: Adult Arrested Person/OMVWI – 1:59 a.m. Officers were parked on N. Thompson/Swanton Rd when a driver/suspect (31-year-old HM) rear-ended their squad. No injuries reported. The suspect was subsequently arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (1st offense).
15) SOUTH: Assist Fire – 4:47 a.m. Officers responded, along with MFD, to a structure fire on Frazier Avenue. Officers assisted with perimeter security/traffic. No injuries reported. MFD has the lead on this investigation. Investigation continuing.