The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 11/04/2018 through 6:00 a.m. on 11/05/2018, MPD received 284 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 284 calls for service for the past 24-hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (37), East (66), Midtown (39), North (47), South (31), West (46), and Other (18). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
1) WEST: Death Investigation – 8:25 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence regarding a deceased subject (78-year-old UM). The decedent had multiple health issues. Nothing suspicious observed on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.
2) WEST: Located Missing Adult/Death Investigation – 12:00 p.m. Middleton PD located a deceased subject in their jurisdiction, confirmed to be a missing adult (74-year-old WM) from our community. Nothing suspicious observed. Medical Examiner's office notified. Incident Report on MPD's website completed. Investigation continuing.
3) SOUTH: Death Investigation – 1:19 p.m. Officers responded to a south side residence for a deceased subject (49-year-old WM). Nothing suspicious observed on scene. Initial indicator of death is an overdose. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: Disturbance – 2:15 p.m. Officers responded to Northport Drive for a disturbance involving two subjects and their child (24-year-old AAF victim and 18-year-old AAM suspect). The victim wanted to leave the residence with their child, but the suspect refused to give her their child. The suspect, while holding their child, began punching walls. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and domestic criminal damage to property. Child Protective Services notified. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Attempt to Locate/Wanted Person – 4:12 p.m. Officers were requested to check a residence on Independence Lane for a wanted suspect (30-year-old AAF) by Probation/Parole. The suspect was located and transported to a local hospital for a medical clearance. The suspect was ultimately admitted to the hospital. Once released, the suspect will be conveyed to jail for her pending warrants. Investigation continuing.
6) SOUTH: Child Neglect – 5:09 p.m. Officers responded to a south side residence due to four children being left home alone. The children, ranging in ages from 1-year-old to 12-years-old were found to be without supervision and no food. The children's mother/suspect (28-year-old AAF) was arrested and charged with child neglect (4 counts). Child Protective Services responded and placed the children outside the home. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Check Property – 8:56 p.m. Officers responded to Vondron Rd for a single caller who reported hearing three shots in the area. Areas checked. No evidence of shots fired located.
8) MIDTOWN: Domestic Disturbance – 10:00 p.m. Officers responded to a residence regarding a domestic disturbance between two subjects (41-year-old WF victim and 52-year-old WM suspect). The victim and suspect were involved in a verbal argument which escalated. The suspect blocked the victim from leaving. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
9) EAST: Death Investigation – 12:22 a.m. Officers responded to an assisting living facility for a pulseless non-breathing subject (85-year-old WM). The subject had an active DNR in place. Nothing suspicious observed on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified.
10) SOUTH: Information/Weapons Offense – 1:15 a.m. Officers responded to the 1800 block of S. Park St for a disturbance. The victim (26-year-old WM) reported observing an altercation take place between two subjects in which he tried to intervene. The victim reported that a male suspect (AAM) swung at him. The victim's account of what happened changed throughout his contact with officers. The victim sustained a minor laceration which required stitches. Investigation continuing.