From 5:30 a.m. on 01/14/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/15/2018, MPD received 258 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Weapons Offense – 9:10 a.m. MPD was called to S Thompson Dr reference a 29 year old AAF subject who had a knife and was outside threatening suicide. MPD arrived and de-escalated the subject with verbals. The subject is under a prescribed protocol, under Chapter 55, and was returned to her home without further incident.
2) EAST: Assist Police – 9:47 a.m. Wisconsin State Patrol (WSP) called for emergency assistance after they had tased someone in their custody. MPD arrived and assisted WSP in stabilizing the situation. No further action required.
3) CENTRAL: Robbery-Armed – 2:12 p.m. MPD officers responded to Harry's Market at 555 W Mifflin St for an armed robbery that had just occurred. Press release completed. The male suspect entered the store wearing a dark blue jacket with hood up with a checkered pattern around the shoulders, dark jeans, dark tennis shoes, and a full face ski mask. The male produced a black handgun and demanded US currency. He then fled from the area. Downtown video cameras were checked and the investigation is continuing.
4) SOUTH: Battery/Misc Sex Offense – 2:48 p.m. MPD responded with MFD to the 1800 block of Beld St for a 50 year old WF down in the roadway. The female was transported to a local hospital. She told officers that she was exiting from her uncle's vehicle (her uncle is a 69 year old WM) on Beld St when he accelerated the vehicle, causing her to fall. She also disclosed that earlier in the day, her uncle tried several times to solicit sex from her, and was engaging in lewd and lascivious behavior. The uncle was contacted and taken to jail on charges of lewd and lascivious and 2nd degree recklessly endangering safety.
5) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 2:56 p.m. MPD responded to a North side address for a domestic disturbance where a 19 year old AAM armed himself with a gun. Prior to officer arrival, the male had left in a vehicle. The 18 year old AAF victim stated that she has been living at the residence since November with the male. An argument ensued and the male went into a bedroom to fetch a gun, at which point the female went to another part of the home to grab some mace and take shelter. The male fled the home prior to our arrival. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Mental Health Conveyance – 2:58 p.m. A 24 year old WF responded to UW Health Urgent Care (7102 Mineral Point Rd) to seek treatment for her mental health issues. MPD was contacted and the subject wanted to go voluntarily to a local hospital for a mental health admission. There were no grounds for an emergency detention at this time. Officers disengaged from the hospital at 4:00 p.m. Shortly before 9:00 p.m., the hospital called and said they no longer had a bed for a voluntary admission and requested an emergency detention. The female had been making homicidal statements and there were no other local beds available for a voluntary admission. Journey Mental Health was contacted and began working with hospital staff to see if there were grounds for an emergency detention. Investigation continuing.
7) CENTRAL: Check Person – 6:16 p.m. MPD responded to the 1600 block of Fordem Ave for reports of a resident screaming for help. When officers arrived, entry was made into an apartment where a 56 year old WM was found living in extreme hoarding conditions. He was transported to a local hospital for medical issues.
8) SOUTH: Recovered/Stolen Auto – 6:33 p.m. MPD officers responded to the Pick 'n Save at 1312 S Park St for a stolen auto that was recovered by the owner. The call was originally reported last night from the 2300 block of S Park St. The vehicle was unoccupied at the time of recovery.
9) NORTH: Stolen Auto – 7:41 p.m. MPD responded to Dwight Drive for a vehicle theft that had just occurred. Officers learned that the 24 year old AAM owner of the vehicle had started the vehicle to warm up and left it running, unlocked, outside of the home. Vehicle was listed through NCIC as stolen.
10) CENTRAL: Stolen Auto – 9:45 p.m. MPD responded to the 1800 block of Fordem Ave for the report of a stolen van. The 44 year old AAF victim left her van running outside and her van was stolen. The van travelled outbound on E Washington Ave and crashed into another car on Milwaukee St. The stolen auto was recovered and taken to an impound lot. (See next call for more information.)
11) EAST: Accident w/Injuries/Recovered Stolen Auto – 9:56 p.m. A Ford van was stolen from Fordem Ave at around 9:45 p.m. (See above call.) The stolen van was being driven outbound on E Washington Ave and struck another vehicle at Milwaukee St. The driver of the stolen van, an unknown AAM in his mid 20's, ran from the scene. Two occupants in the victim vehicle were treated for minor injuries. The driver, a 33 year old WF, went to a local hospital for treatment. The passenger in the victim vehicle, a 40 year old WF, was treated on scene. A K-9 track was attempted as a means to track the suspect who fled the accident and the stolen auto. The suspect remains at-large. The suspect was believed to be wearing a burgundy coat. Investigation continuing.
12) WEST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 10:19 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the 3100 block of Muir Field Rd for the report of a missing juvenile. The juvenile subject (15 year old HM) left home on 01/14/2018 at around 2 p.m. and did not return. The juvenile is a chronic runaway. The subject's mother reported no concerns. ATL aired and juvenile entered as missing.
13) NORTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 1:10 a.m. MPD was dispatched to Dapin Rd for the report of a missing juvenile. The juvenile subject (17 year old HM) left his residence at 9:00 p.m. and did not return. The subject's father reported no significant concerns and that this is not uncommon. The subject is likely hanging with friends in the Northport Dr area. ATL aired and juvenile entered as missing.
14) NORTH: Recovered/Stolen Auto – 3:00 a.m. Dispatch called and advised that Fitchburg PD had recovered an MPD stolen auto, which was originally reported as stolen out of the North district. Fitchburg PD advised they would contact the registered owner.
15) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 3:09 a.m. MPD was dispatched to the 2900 block of Coho St, reference a caller advising that her husband (24 year old HM), who was out on bail from a previous domestic, had been texting her pictures of himself as though he had cut himself, that he was going to end his own life, and that he was at their home on Coho Street. The caller (24 year old HF) told officers and they confirmed the no contact prohibition articulated in his bail conditions. Officers responded to the Coho address and were able to contact the suspect who was not injured. The suspect was taken to jail on two counts of bail jumping.
16) NORTH: Recovered/Stolen Auto – 3:20 a.m. Dispatch advised that Mount Horeb PD had recovered an MPD stolen auto, originally reported stolen out of the North district. Mount Horeb PD told Dispatch that they would contact the registered owner.