From 5:30 a.m. on 02/09/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/10/2018, MPD received 454 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown.
**Limited Crash Response from 6:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. due to road conditions.
**South, Midtown and West on priority calls from 2:10 a.m. to 3:20 a.m. due to assisting Town of Madison PD.
1) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 6:04 a.m. Officers responded to Pierstorff Street for a wanted subject who was present at the location. The suspect (36 year old WM) was located and arrested on multiple felony warrants (narcotics, fraud, theft, probation hold, bail jumping).
2) WEST: Missing Adult – 8:04 a.m. Officers responded to a check welfare/missing adult report of a 32 year old WM. Family members were concerned about the welfare/whereabouts of the subject. Multiple locations checked. Attempt to locate aired. The subject was listed as missing in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Disturbance – 11:10 a.m. Officers responded to Straubel Court where a suspect (32 year old AAM) was attempting to kick in a door to the residence of the victims (33 year old WF and her 11 year old son). The suspect fled prior to officers' arrival. Charges were developed for the suspect for criminal damage to property. Investigation continuing.
4) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 1:16 p.m. MPD officers were dispatched to the 400 block of North Frances Street for a domestic situation involving four roommates. One roommate, a 22 year old WM, hosted a large party at the apartment which left the apartment in a reportedly uninhabitable state of disarray of trashed and broken items. Other roommates (two WM and one MEM) questioned him about the damage and mess and the suspect responded by sending threatening and disparaging text messages. Officers arrested the suspect on charges of disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property and conveyed him to the Dane County Jail.
5) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 1:20 p.m. MPD officers responded to the 4100 block of East Towne Boulevard for a report of an employee's ex-boyfriend who came into the victim's (21 year old AAF) place of employment, made threats of violence, yelled, and took his ex-girlfriend's car. Officers arrested the suspect (22 year old AAM) on charges of disorderly conduct, domestic disorderly conduct and a probation violation and conveyed him to the Dane County Jail.
6) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 1:38 p.m. MPD officers responded to a report of a physical altercation that occurred two days prior between the caller's child (15 year old WM), the child's mother (36 year old WF), and the child's mother's boyfriend (34 year old AAM). Investigation continuing. CPS plugged in.
7) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 5:57 p.m. The North Community Policing Team (CPT), neighborhood, and gang officers worked together on a neighborhood safety initiative in the Northport Drive area. Officers observed short term drug trafficking between two vehicles and made contact. One of the vehicles was occupied by a 26 year old WM driver and a 29 year old AAM passenger. Officers found cocaine, paraphernalia, and a loaded, cocked .380 pistol under the driver's seat. The driver was charged with CCW, possession of cocaine (misdemeanor), and felon in possession. The passenger was charged with possession of cocaine - repeater (felony), possession of drug paraphernalia, and a probation hold. Both suspects were conveyed to the Dane County Jail.
8) EAST: Conveyance Mental Health – 7:43 p.m. MPD officers and MFD EMS personnel responded to the 4300 block of East Towne Boulevard for a report of a female who cut herself. Officers and EMS personnel contacted the 18 year old AAF, who admitted to cutting her wrist as a reaction to stress. The subject agreed to voluntarily go to a local hospital for an evaluation.
9) EAST: Robbery Armed – 10:53 p.m. Officers were called for a report of an armed robbery near the 5000 block of Camden Road. A 43 year old AAM reported he was jumped by two unknown AA males he had just met and $20 was taken from him. The victim reported one of the suspects chased him down and threatened to shoot him but the victim was not injured. Investigation continuing.
10) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 12:39 a.m. Officers were called for an unwanted person in the 700 block of Rethke Avenue. This was the second time officers were called to this location for an intoxicated 45 year old WF who was creating a disturbance and accusing a 53 year old male of stealing her money. The female was arrested for disorderly conduct and taken to the Dane County Jail after continuing her behavior.
11) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 1:43 a.m. Officers were originally called for a possible strong armed robbery that occurred near 45 N. Randall Street. Officers ended up making contact with the complainant, a 22 year old AAM, who was very intoxicated. The subject became uncooperative, belligerent and was subsequently arrested and transported to the Dane County Jail.
12) SOUTH: Assist Police – 2:01 a.m. Multiple MPD officers and a South Sergeant assisted Town of Madison Police Department (TMPD) at the Pitcher's Pub with a shooting incident involving at least two subjects shot. Numerous jurisdictions also responded to assist TMPD.
13) MIDTOWN: Prowler – 3:22 a.m. Officers were called to the 500 block of Bay View for a person who may be breaking into a residence. Two callers were reporting this incident and responding officers found a broken window at this location. Announcements were given into the address. The front door was subsequently breached by officers and the home was systematically cleared with the help of a K-9. A person was located in the basement, a 39 year old AM, who was subsequently placed under protective custody and transported to Detox. Investigation continuing.