July 27, 2015 9:39 AM
This year the Madison Police Department is hosting a National Night Out event at two of our districts. National Night Out is an annual effort to promote police/community partnerships, improve neighborhood connections and make our community a better place to live. MPD's West District will … [read more]
July 6, 2015 7:50 AM
Focused community outreach initiatives are born out of an understanding that police cannot go it alone. We cannot begin to address the complex issues affecting our quality of life without assistance from citizens and the many diverse groups who work in and for the community. The Madison … [read more]
June 29, 2015 3:32 PM
Hard to believe that we are already coming up on the Fourth of July! As my wife is a teacher, I always like to use this date as a signal that her summer vacation is half over---and you can just imagine how well this is received! (I’m bracing myself for the pushback from teachers throughout … [read more]
June 17, 2015 2:02 PM
This Saturday, June 20th, local community leaders from "Kujichagulia" and the Madison Center for Self Determination have once again organized a "Juneteenth Day" celebration. There is actually a number of different events taking place around Juneteenth Day, but two of the main features of … [read more]
November 7, 2014 8:35 AM
For many area residents the thought of Halloween reminds us of kids in costume, trick or treating, and scary movies replayed on cable TV. For many Madison Police Officers, thoughts of Halloween remind us of downtown, and the festivities that take place along the six blocks of State Street. … [read more]
September 19, 2014 8:46 AM
Each year, the United States honors the contributions that Latinos have made to the nation with a Hispanic Heritage Month celebration that runs from September 15 through October 15. This period is a time to celebrate the heritage and culture of our Hispanic and Latino Community. The … [read more]
August 19, 2014 2:40 PM
In an attempt to stay engaged with constituent questions and concerns, a number of community forums have been scheduled for the month of September. These sessions are an opportunity to provide me with direct feedback and there will also be a representative from the hosting District should you … [read more]
July 30, 2014 12:19 PM
Come join the Madison Police Department on Tuesday, August 5th for National Night Out! The event takes place at Warner Park from 5PM to 8PM in the parking lot next to the Madison Mallards Stadium. National Night Out is celebrated nationwide as an event for communities to bring residents and … [read more]
Subscribe to Email List
Posts By Month
Posts By Category
- Community Partnerships
- Crime Statistics
- "Shots Fired" Task Force
- 2014 Rhythm and Booms
- 2015 Citizen's Academy
- A Discussion about MPD's Deadly Forc...
- A Message from Chief Koval about the...
- Activities of Off-Duty Officers
- An Overview of MPD's Latest Initiati...
- Announcing MPD's 57th Graduating Class
- Apply to be a Madison Police Officer...
- Assistant Chief Gaber's Visit to the...
- Awaiting a Decision from the Distric...
- Chief Koval's Community Forums
- Chief Koval's Mailbag on a variety o...
- Chief Koval's Reflections - Protests...
- Chief Koval's Response to DA's Decision
- Community Forums with Chief Koval
- Community Outreach Spotlight: Amigo...
- Dane County/MPD Community Restorativ...
- Final Blog from Randy Gaber as Inter...
- Freakfest 2014
- Friday Nights at the Y - Join us for...
- Gangs in Madison and Why Kids Join G...
- Happy New Year!
- Heroin Epidemic
- Hispanic Heritage Month September 15...
- Holiday Safety Tips
- Immigration Reform is about Communit...
- It's the Small Things that Matter
- Juneteenth Day Celebration - Saturda...
- Law Enforcement Torch Run for Specia...
- Madison Police Continue to "Give Back"
- Madison Police Department and CampHERO
- Madison Police Department Announces ...
- Madison Police Department Annual Hos...
- Madison Police Department Annual Shi...
- Madison Police Department Appreciate...
- Madison Police Department Armored Re...
- Madison Police Department Citizen Ac...
- Madison Police Department K9 Unit
- Madison Police Department Management...
- Madison Police Department Mounted Pa...
- Madison Police Department Open Recor...
- Madison Police Department Recognized...
- Madison Police Department Recruit Cl...
- Madison Police Department Supporting...
- Madison Police Department's Mental H...
- Madison Police Department's Pawn Pro...
- Madison Should Take Pride in its Police
- March - National Women's History Month
- March - National Women's History Month
- Marijuana Legalization: Chief Koval'...
- Message to our Community from Chief ...
- Midtown Station - Status and Updates
- MPD and Local Agencies to Host Youth...
- MPD Announcing Two New Detective Uni...
- MPD Launches Innovative New Website
- MPD Shout Out to YWCA's Racial Justi...
- MPD's 2014 Pre-Service Academy
- MPD's Best Strategy in Fostering Trust
- MPD's Efforts to Reduce and Eliminat...
- MPD's New Hiring Resource Group
- MPDs Use of New Domestic Violence Re...
- National Cyber Security Month
- National Night Out - Madison Police ...
- National Night Out - Tuesday, August...
- Observations from Chief Koval - Reco...
- Overview of the 2014 Spring Student ...
- Overview of the Multi-Dimensional Co...
- Police Grants Save Taxypayer Money
- Police Rifles: Why We Carry What We Do
- Process, Explanation and Response to...
- Remembering Trooper Trevor Casper an...
- Response to an Open Letter
- Safe Communities Madison-Dane County
- Safety Tips and Winter Driving Tips
- Saving Lives
- Shop with a Cop 2013
- Thank you Chief Wray
- The "Madison Method"
- The Impact and Success of the Specia...
- Triad Crime Prevention and Safety Co...
- Youth Services of Southern Wisconsin