From 5:30 a.m. on 04/04/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 04/05/2018, MPD received 479 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
**Priority only calls from 6:25am-7:15am due to calls for service and multiple crashes due to the weather.
**Priority only calls from 8:30am-9:30am due to the call on School Rd, multiple crashes due to the weather and calls for service.
**Priority only calls from 9:30pm-11:15pm due to calls for service.
1) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 7:28 a.m. Officers responded to a road rage incident between two subjects (51-year-old WM victim and 40-year-old WM suspect). The drivers exchanged hand gestures and words. Both drivers pulled over on School Rd and confronted each other. The suspect pulled a knife and threatened the victim. The victim did not sustain any injuries. The suspect fled the area. The suspect was later located and arrested for disorderly conduct while armed.
2) WEST: Drug Incident Overdose – 3:44 p.m. Officers responded, along with MFD/EMS, to D'onofrio Drive for a subject (19-year-old WF) having an overdose. MFD administered Naloxone to the subject. The subject admitted to using heroin and was conveyed to a local hospital. The subject was issued a citation for possession of heroin and provided a referral to the Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative (MARI). The subject was left in the care of medical staff.
3) SOUTH: Assist Police – 4:04 p.m. Officers assisted the Town of Madison PD with a report of a juvenile (7-year-old HM) in possession of a knife on a Badger bus. The Town of Madison PD has the lead on this case. MPD took an information report due to the juvenile's ties to the City.
4) WEST: Fight Call – 4:16 p.m. An MPD officer observed a fight in progress on Frisch Rd. Several subjects were subsequently arrested/cited for resisting and disorderly conduct (all AAFs, ages 20, 19, 21 and 38). At least twenty female subjects were involved in the fight, which started after someone made some comments on social media that were offensive to some.
5) NORTH: Check Person – 8:33 p.m. Officers responded, along with EMS/MFD, to Kipling Dr reference a suicidal subject (26-year-old WM). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital where he was voluntarily admitted. The subject was left in the care of medical staff.
6) EAST: Residential Burglary – 9:16 p.m. Officers responded to Margaret St for a residential burglary. The suspect (17-year-old AAM) was identified, located and arrested on burglary charges.
7) WEST: Traffic Stop – 9:35 p.m. Officers conducted a traffic stop near Raymond/Prairie Rd reference the license plates not matching the vehicle. A 9mm handgun was located in the vehicle. The driver (28-year-old AAM) was confirmed to have his concealed carry license. The investigation led to the discovery of marijuana and cocaine in the vehicle as well. The driver/suspect was issued citations for possession of the drugs. The handgun and rounds were taken as evidence.