From 5:30 a.m. on 08/13/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 08/14/2017, MPD received 369 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Disorderly Conduct – 6:15 a.m. Officers were dispatched to the 5500 block of Camden Road for a reported disturbance. The caller reported hearing loud arguing/yelling in the area. Officers arrived and located the involved subjects (resident and her guest). The resident (39 year old AAF) reports that she and her guest (30 year old AAF) were at a party earlier when her guest became intoxicated and got into a fight with another individual at the party. The resident brought her guest home and an argument started over the guest's desire to return to the party. The argument escalated and the guest scratched the resident's face causing injury. The resident did not wish to pursue any charges. The officers placed the guest into protective custody, transported her to detox and cited her for disorderly conduct.
2) CENTRAL: Disorderly Conduct – 10:21 a.m. Officers were dispatched to the 400 block of W. Mifflin Street regarding a domestic disturbance. The caller reported that her daughter's boyfriend was yelling and causing property damage. The officers arrived and made contact with the caller's daughter/victim (27 year old WF) who reported that she and her boyfriend/suspect (25 year old MW) had been arguing over the status of their relationship. The victim became tired of the argument so she locked herself in the bedroom. The suspect punched the door damaging it. The suspect left the residence prior to the arrival of officers. Contradicting statements and other evidentiary issues. No arrests were made. Investigation continuing.
3) SOUTH: Threats Complaint – 11:17 a.m. Officers responded to the 1800 block of Beld Street reference a threats complaint. The caller advised that the suspect was possibly armed with a gun, although no firearm was displayed. The officers contacted a subject matching the description given. The subject (31 year old AAF) was wearing a sheathed knife on her belt. The subject acknowledged contact with an unknown individual but denied making any threats. No firearm was located. The caller did not make himself available for contact. No charges were substantiated.
4) EAST: Sexual Assault – 2:28 p.m. Victim (34 year old WF) responded to the East Police District to report that she was sexually assaulted at her residence (Littlemore Drive) on Saturday (8/12) by a man (44 year old HM) she met on a dating website. The text messages that were sent by the suspect to the victim support the victim's claims. Probable cause for 2nd Degree Sexual Assault was developed for the suspect. Officers attempted to contact the suspect but he has not been located as of this writing.
5) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 3:59 p.m. Officers were dispatched to a local hospital to meet with a female who wanted to report that she was sexually assaulted at her residence earlier in the day on N. Lake Street. The female/victim (21 year old WF) met the suspect on a dating website and met him at a local bar. The victim and suspect (25 year old male of Middle Eastern Descent) went back to the victim's apartment where the sexual assault occurred. Suspect was located, interviewed and arrested.
6) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 5:18 p.m. Dispatch received information from an anonymous caller that a woman who was Absent Without Leave (AWOL) from the Dane County Jail was at a residence in the Webb-Darbo neighborhood. Officers attempted to contact the suspect (23 year old WF) at the residence and she took off running. Officers were able to apprehend the suspect and arrested her.
7) EAST: Sex Offense Miscellaneous – 5:29 p.m. Dispatch received a call from the head of a watchdog group that monitors chat rooms associated with websites and apps that are known to engage in internet sex crimes. A young female was observed broadcasting herself in a state of nudity on one of these sites. Officers responded to an address of the child and made contact with the child and her parents. The parents were very upset and showed great concern about what had occurred. An internet safety plan was set up with the family.
8) WEST: Disturbance – 5:51 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 6700 block of Schroeder Road where the caller reported that a female approached her and stated that her boyfriend had locked her in his apartment for an hour. Officers learned that the victim (17 year old AAF) and her boyfriend/suspect (17 year old AAM) got into an argument about some text messages on the victim's phone. The suspect snatched the victim's cell phone and threw it to the ground breaking the screen. The suspect refused to allow the victim to leave. The suspect became physically violent with the victim, grabbing her by the hair and throwing her to the ground leaving injuries. The victim was eventually allowed to leave the residence by the suspect. Charges are pending for the suspect once he is located/apprehended.
9) EAST: Child Neglect – 8:22 p.m. 2 concerned citizens contacted 911 as they observed a young child (4 year old MW) dressed in a diaper running around by himself on the Starkweather Creek bike path. Officers describe finding the child in a full diaper, not clean and had numerous mosquito bites. The officers recognized the child to be the child of an adult they had contact with a few days ago. The father/suspect (37 year old WM) was located and arrested for child neglect.
10) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 9:04 p.m. Officers responded to the 1100 block of Regent Street where the caller stated that a man/suspect (56 year old MW) has a history of approaching her 20 year old son (MW) by following him into the bathroom and trying to expose himself. The caller stated that the suspect comes to this establishment on a daily basis at the same time as he knows his victim will be there as well. The suspect admitted what his intentions were. The suspect is a convicted sex offender. He was arrested and served a stalking letter as well.
11) CENTRAL: Check Person – 9:09 p.m. Officers responded to the 2100 block of Atwood Avenue where the caller reported that a subject (33 year old WM) was harassing a cab driver. The subject was hearing voices and acting very oddly. The police responded and made contact with the subject who voluntarily agreed to go to the hospital. The subject is being medically/mentally evaluated at a local hospital.
12) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 10:44 p.m. Officers responded to the 2500 block of University Avenue after a subject/suspect (25 year old MW) threw a stool over the bar at an employee. The suspect resisted arrested and yelled "kill me" to the officers. The suspect was very up and down, going from calm to loud to violent. He was taken to a local hospital for an evaluation/medical clearance and then subsequently to jail.
13) NORTH: Strong Arm Robbery – 10:46 p.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of Bluejay Lane where the caller (37 year old WF) reported having an argument with her boyfriend so she went to sleep in her car. She stated that when she woke up the suspect (42 year old AAF) was punching her and demanding to know where the money was. The suspect's male friend then reportedly tried to stab the victim with a needle but the victim said she was able to fight him off. The suspect was interviewed and gave a very different story. The victim's explanation of the course of events was not able to be corroborated and no charges could be substantiated at this time.
14) NORTH: Threats Complaint – 11:14 p.m. Officers responded to the 500 block of Northport Drive where the victim (14 year old AAM) reported that threats were being made against him on a social media post where the suspect (14 year old AAM) was holding a gun. The suspect had reportedly flashed a weapon towards the victim at least 2 other times. Parents became aware of the situation and called police. Officers contacted the suspect who originally denied having a weapon, but after a consent search was completed, a facsimile firearm was located. The suspect was arrested and taken to Juvenile Reception Center (JRC) for Disorderly Conduct and issued a municipal citation for unlawful use of a facsimile firearm.
15) WEST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 11:56 p.m. A 17 year old AAF was reported missing as she was last seen at her residence (5800 block of Balsam Rd) at 3:30pm and did not arrive to work. No cell phone or other way to contact her. Area checked, attempt to locate aired and she was entered as missing.