From 5:30 a.m. on 02/08/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/09/2018, MPD received 410 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown.
1) NORTH: Information – 5:54 a.m. Officers responded to a convenience store in the 4200 block of E. Washington Ave for an incident. The caller/complainant (female) indicated that a store employee (male) offered her marijuana, touched himself inappropriately in front of her and then mentioned he had cocaine as well. The female did not remain on scene and could not be contacted by police. Investigation continuing.
2) CENTRAL: Non-Residential Burglary – 6:00 a.m. Officers responded to Plaka Taverna restaurant located at 410 E. Wilson St where a suspect threw a rock through the glass doors, entered the business when they were closed and stole cash. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Death Investigation – 7:39 a.m. Officers responded to a subject who died of a suspected overdose on the north side of town. The decedent (32 year old WM) reportedly overdosed on heroin. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
4) MIDTOWN: Armed Robbery – 10:26 a.m. Officers responded to the Associated Bank on Monroe St for an armed bank robbery. The suspect (AAM) fled on foot. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
5) EAST: Damage to Property – 10:31 a.m. Officers responded to the Hawthorne Public Library on E. Washington Ave where a suspect (26 year old AAM) was yelling, screaming, swearing and slamming things around. The suspect caused damage to the property. The suspect was taken into custody and charged with criminal damage to property, a probation hold violation and obstructing (lied about his identify to officers).
6) CENTRAL: Mental Health Conveyance – 12:57 p.m. Officers responded to Williamson St for a subject experiencing a mental health crisis. The subject (27 year old WM) was expressing delusional thoughts, punching walls and threatening violence. The subject was found to be under a Chapter 51 commitment and was conveyed to a local hospital where he was admitted. MPD Mental Health officer plugged in. Investigation continuing.
7) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 2:16 p.m. Officers responded to W. Gorham St for a subject causing a disturbance. The subject/suspect (56 year old WM) was arrested on two counts of disorderly conduct.
8) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 5:34 p.m. Officers responded to Festival Foods on E. Washington Ave for a retail theft. The suspect (25 year old WM) was located and arrested for retail theft and bail jumping.
9) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 10:10 p.m. Officers responded to Straubel Court where the caller advised that a disturbance had taken place between her granddaughter/victim (20 year old AAF) and the victim's boyfriend (24 year old AAM). Officers made entry, after no answer at the residence, to check on the welfare of the victim. No one was home but there was evidence that a disturbance took place. Officers received information that the victim was safe and did not want any police contact. Two small children were reported to be in the home at the time of the disturbance. Investigation continuing.
10) EAST: Theft from Auto – 2:09 a.m. Officers responded to the 2200 block of Lakeland Ave reference a male checking car doors. An officer observed a suspect (29 year old WM) trying car doors. The suspect was arrested for attempted theft and two outstanding warrants. Investigation continuing.