From 5:30 a.m. on 03/01/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/02/2018, MPD received 401 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
**Priority only calls at 4:50 p.m. due to the Bank Robbery and calls for service.
1) WEST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 6:30 a.m. Officers responded to Muir Field Rd for a report of a missing juvenile (15 year old HM). Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing/runaway in the appropriate databases.
2) MIDTOWN: Check Person – 8:37 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital for a subject (22 year old WM) who was brought there by his brother and had been acting aggressively toward his family members. The subject was voluntarily admitted and left in the care of medical staff. No further action by the police was deemed necessary.
3) WEST: Weapons Offense – 9:30 a.m. Officers responded to Mt. Vernon Court where a high-risk search warrant was executed. Multiple individuals were detained. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Death Investigation – 10:50 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a deceased subject (84 year old WF). Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
5) WEST: Weapons Offense – 2:42 p.m. Officers responded to Ellis Potter Court where the caller reported seeing several people fighting and then hearing one "pop." One casing was located on the scene. Investigation continuing.
6) EAST: Robbery – 4:40 p.m. Officers responded to the Chase Bank in the 4500 block of Milwaukee St where a suspect approached the teller and demanded money. A private armed security guard, contracted by the bank, shot and killed the suspect (35 year old HM). Lifesaving measures were unsuccessful. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Check Person – 6:03 p.m. Officers responded to the 2300 block of E. Washington Ave where the caller advised that he was being followed by men with guns. Officers arrived, and determined through the caller's sister, that there were no subjects with guns and that her brother/caller (32 year old AAM) was hallucinating. The caller had an outstanding federal warrant for which he was conveyed to jail.
8) WEST: Child Abuse – 6:45 p.m. An anonymous caller reported a child abuse incident at a medical clinic. Contact was subsequently made with the mother and 2 year old child. The mother (21 year old WF) admitted to swatting the child on the butt when the child was acting out at the medical clinic. No injuries were observed on the child. No charges were substantiated at this time. MPD was assisted by Fitchburg PD in this incident due to priority calls only. Child Protective Services notified. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Crash Hit and Run – 7:25 p.m. Officers responded to the 4500 block of East Towne Blvd. The victim's (33 year old WM) vehicle was rear-ended by the suspect's (19 year old AM) vehicle. As the victim got out of his vehicle to check on his children in the backseat, the suspect attempted to drive away. The victim, believing he was going to be hit by the suspect, jumped on the suspect vehicle's hood. The suspect travelled at a high rate of speed and tried to shake the victim from his vehicle. The victim fell off and sustained minor injuries. The suspect was apprehended and refused field sobriety tests. The suspect was arrested for reckless endangering safety and several traffic citations.
10) CENTRAL: Check Person – 8:59 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital to check the welfare of a subject (33 year old WF) who suffers from severe Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Journey Mental Health consulted. An emergency detention was deemed not necessary. No further action by the police.
11) NORTH: Crash with Injuries – 11:25 p.m. Officers responded to the 1600 block of Northport Dr for a two-vehicle crash. The "victim's" vehicle contained a driver and two occupants. The driver and one occupant of the fled the scene leaving the third occupant on scene. This occupant required transport to a local hospital as a precautionary measure. Investigation revealed that the suspect (36 year old AAF) driver was operating her vehicle at a high rate of speed when the crash occurred. The suspect remained on scene, was cooperative, ticketed and released. Investigation continuing regarding the subjects who fled.
12) SOUTH: Weapons Offense – 1:56 a.m. Officers responded to the 2200 block of Cypress Way for a disturbance with a knife. Two subjects (20 year old AAM and 19 year old WM) had an argument. There were discrepancies in what occurred. The 19 year old was not on scene when officers arrived but later showed up and was interviewed. Investigation continuing.