From 5:30 a.m. on 02/06/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/07/2018, MPD received 430 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown.
*Limited crash response at 8:45am due to a high volume of weather/speed related crashes.
*Priority only calls west of the square at 9:17am due to a 9-11 vehicle pile-up.
*Routine calls for service response resumed at 10:30am.
*Priority only calls for South/Midtown/West from 12:50am-2:30am.
*Priority only calls continued until 5:30am for South/Midtown due to calls for service (attempted homicide, armed robbery).
1) WEST: Assist EMS – 8:37 a.m. Officers responded to the 3100 block of Muir Field Rd for a pulseless non-breathing subject (60 year old AAM). A passerby heard the subject yelling for help and rendered aid which revived the subject. The subject was transported to a local hospital breathing and with a pulse.
2) MIDTOWN: Crash with Injuries – 8:53 a.m. Multiple crashes (approximately 11) occurred on 12/18 around Verona Rd. Ultimately 12/18 eastbound was shut down due to the domino effect of additional crashes. The crashes were related to the weather/road conditions and speed factors. Several injuries were reported. Investigation continuing.
3) CENTRAL: Detox Conveyance – 9:00 a.m. Officers responded to Lake Monona where a subject (27 year old WM) was threatening suicide. The subject was negotiated off the ice. The subject was found to be intoxicated and he was transported to detox. MPD Mental Health Officer plugged in. Journey Mental Health consulted. Investigation continuing.
4) CENTRAL: Drug Incident/Overdose – 11:11 a.m. Officers responded to the 2700 block of E. Washington Ave for a subject (28 year old WM) having an overdose. The subject's friend administered several doses of Naloxone which revived the subject. The subject admitted to using heroin. The subject is on probation for drug-related charges. He was charged with possession of heroin, a probation violation and was conveyed to jail.
5) WEST: Sexual Assault of a Child – 12:40 p.m. Officers responded, along with Child Protective Services, to Park Ridge Dr to interview a victim (16 year old AAF) who wished to report a sexual assault. The suspect (18 year old AAM) is known to the victim. Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 12:53 p.m. Officers responded to the 2500 block of E. Johnson St for a report of stalking. The victim (58 year old WF) described on-going harassment and contact by her ex-boyfriend/suspect (64 year old WM). The victim had asked that the suspect stop contacting her but he did not comply with her wishes. The suspect was contacted and arrested for domestic stalking.
7) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 1:41 p.m. Officer responded to a hotel in the 4800 block of E. Washington Ave where a subject (54 year old AAM) was causing a disturbance and would not leave the premises when asked to by staff. Officers arrived and ultimately arrested the suspect for domestic disorderly conduct (due to his girlfriend being on scene and with whom he was causing a disturbance with; 51 year old AAF victim) and disorderly conduct (due to the suspect causing a disturbance with several staff members on site). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for a medical clearance as he was complaining of chest pains. He was transported to jail after obtaining a medical clearance, which was several hours after the initial call came in.
8) CENTRAL: Assist EMS – 2:09 p.m. Officers responded, along with EMS, to a report of subject falling as she got out of her vehicle. Contact was made with the subject (71 year old WF) on Winnebago St. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment.
9) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 4:59 p.m. Officers responded to N. Park St/W. Johnson St for a subject passed out on a bus. The subject (36 year old WM) was escorted off the bus. The subject is on probation and a probation hold was placed on him for which the officers conveyed him to jail. Marijuana and drug paraphernalia was located on the subject so he was issued several municipal citations for these violations.
10) WEST: Weapons Offense Person w/Gun – 5:59 p.m. Officers responded to the 5700 block of Raymond Rd where a witness observed two males with a gun. The two male suspects were not on scene when officers arrived. As officers were attempting to make contact with a subject possibly related to the suspects, two males matching the description the witness provided arrived on scene. No weapons were located. However, one of the suspects (21 year old HM) had a probation hold on him so he was conveyed to jail. The second suspect (23 year old AAM) had several outstanding warrants so he was also conveyed to jail. Investigation continuing.
11) SOUTH: Stolen Auto – 6:38 p.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of E. Olin Ave for a stolen vehicle. The victim (57 year old WF) does not recall if she dropped her keys or if her keys were taken from her desk. Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
12) CENTRAL: Check Property – 6:49 p.m. Officers responded to the 1100 block of Williamson St for a report that individuals were holding up signs and blocking traffic. Officers arrived and did not find any issues. No further action by the police was found necessary.
13) MIDTOWN: Mental Health Conveyance – 6:51 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital to transport a subject (24 year old WM) to Winnebago for an emergency detention. Officers started their trip to Winnebago around 9:56 p.m. and arrived at approximately 12:00 a.m.
14) EAST: Assist EMS – 9:47 p.m. Officers responded, along with EMS, to Fairmont Ave where it was reported that a 2 year old child was not breathing. Officers arrived and found the child to be breathing. It was reported that the child had been sick with the flu and the parents observed the child not breathing when they woke up. The child was transported to a local hospital as a precaution. Investigation continuing.
15) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 11:38 p.m. Officers responded to the 400 block of W. Mifflin St for a domestic disturbance. The callers reported that a physical altercation occurred between their roommate/suspect (23 year old WM) and the suspect's girlfriend/victim (23 year old WF). The victim was no longer on scene. The suspect was contacted and confirmed an altercation had taken place with his girlfriend. The victim was contacted and she reported a strangulation. The suspect was arrested on a domestic charge of strangulation. Investigation continuing.
16) MIDTOWN: Attempted Homicide – 11:57 p.m. Officers responded to the 400 block of West Shore Dr for a report of shots fired. A subject (33 year old AAM) was located in a vehicle with injuries. The subject was sitting in a vehicle with another subject (31 year old AAF) when they were fired upon. The subject/victim was transported to a local hospital. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
17) MIDTOWN: Armed Robbery – 3:08 a.m. Officers responded to the Milio's in the 2000 block of Regent St for a report of an armed robbery by 3 AAM suspects. K9 track conducted. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.