From 5:30 a.m. on 03/21/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/22/2018, MPD received 451 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
**Priority calls only city-wide from 9:30pm-10:26pm due to the shots fired call on Russett/Raymond and other calls for service.
1) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 5:11 a.m. Officers responded to Langdon St for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (21-year-old WF victim and 22-year-old WM suspect). The suspect physically assaulted the victim, refused to allow her to leave the residence, damaged her cell phone as she attempted to call for help and threatened her with a knife. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery, false imprisonment, intimidation of a victim and 2nd degree reckless endangerment.
2) EAST: Death Investigation – 7:19 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a deceased subject (60-year-old WM). The decedent had been dealing with long-term health issues. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.
3) EAST: Assist MFD – 9:39 a.m. Officers responded to assist MFD with a residential structure fire on Hamlet Place. MPD officers assisted with traffic direction, road closures and security perimeter. No injuries were reported. MFD has lead on this investigation.
4) WEST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 12:00 p.m. Officers responded to Morraine View Dr for a report of a missing/runaway juvenile (15-year-old AAF). Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
5) SOUTH: Weapons Offense – 3:02 p.m. Officers responded to N. Thompson Dr where the caller reported that an unknown female came into her residence stating her boyfriend pulled a gun on her. The victim (27-year-old AAF) reported that as she was gathering items to move out, her soon-to- be ex-boyfriend/suspect (35-year-old AAM) got upset and pulled a gun on her. The victim fled from the residence. The suspect was observed leaving the area and a high-risk traffic stop was conducted. The suspect was detained. No gun was located on the suspect. A safety sweep of the residence was conducted but the suspect refused consent to search the residence. Investigation continuing.
6) SOUTH: Suspicious Person – 3:49 p.m. Officers responded to a report that several students were receiving inappropriate messages from a tutor that was hired from outside the school district. MMSD plugged in, as well as Child Protective Services. MPD's Special Victim's Unit notified. Investigation continuing.
7) SOUTH: Check Person – 3:51 p.m. Officers responded to LuAnn Lane for a report of a subject (32-year-old AAF), who was in possession of a knife, and was threatening to harm herself. The subject was taken into protective custody and conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. She was ultimately conveyed to Winnebago by two fourth detail officers.
8) WEST: Weapons Offense – 3:54 p.m. Officers responded to Dorsett Dr for several reports of shots fired occurring between two vehicles. Officers located multiple casings. Suspect vehicles/suspects no longer on scene. Investigation continuing.
9) SOUTH: Death Investigation – 4:38 p.m. Officers responded to a south side residence for a deceased subject (63-year-old WM). The decedent had a history of heart issues and had not been feeling well lately. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
10) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 6:38 p.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for a subject down in the roadway. MPD and MFD responded and located the subject/suspect (30-year-old WM). MFD administered Naloxone which revived the suspect. Officers were then alerted by a child expressing concerns about their mother. MPD responded and located a 30-year-old WF who was unconscious in her home. MPD administered Naloxone to the female suspect which revived her. Both suspects resided at the same address and have a relationship to one another. They were both conveyed to a local hospital for evaluations. Child Protective Services was notified and placed two children outside of the home. The male suspect was arrested and taken to jail on charges of possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia. The female suspect was issued citations for possession of heroin/drug paraphernalia and referred to the Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative (MARI).
11) WEST: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 9:21 p.m. Officers responded to numerous calls of shots fired in the Russett Rd/Raymond Rd area. Officers located numerous casings originating from at least two guns. Numerous individuals were contacted/interviewed. Two vehicles and a building were struck. No individuals claiming injury were located at the scene. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
12) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 10:17 p.m. Officers responded to Banner Ln for a disturbance between a son and father. Officers were able to resolve the situation and left the residence with no action taken. Officers were called back to the residence 30 minutes later as the son continued to cause problems, this time getting into an argument and proceeding to push his mother (54-year-old WF). The son/suspect (17-year-old WM) was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
13) NORTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 10:57 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital where a mother brought her 5-year-old AAF daughter in for an exam due to concerns that her daughter may have been sexually assaulted by her son (14-year-old AAM). The children reside at different residences as their parents are divorced. Child Protective Services notified. Investigation continuing.
14) NORTH: Check Person – 12:08 a.m. Officers responded, along with MFD, to Northport Dr for a subject (24-year-old AAM) having a seizure. The subject also presented with a minor cut. A knife was found next to the subject. Contact was made with the subject's fiancé (28-year-old AAF) who reported a verbal argument had taken place between her and her fiancé. She reported that her fiancé then suffered a seizure and she didn't know why he had a knife. The male subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment. Investigation continuing.
15) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 1:51 a.m. Officers responded to Williamson St for a subject breaking into a residence. The suspect (31-year-old AAM) was contacted. Investigation revealed that the suspect had lived at the residence in the past, and still had some belongings there, but locks had been changed and an injunction/protection order was in place. The suspect was arrested for trespassing and possession of marijuana. Service of the injunction order was subsequently made at the jail.
16) EAST: Non-Residential Burglary – 3:18 a.m. Officers responded to a convenience store on Millpond Rd for an alarm that was activated. Officers arrived and found the front glass door had been broken and entry had been made. No suspect(s) on scene. Video evidence reviewed. Investigation continuing.