From 5:30 a.m. on 10/22/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/23/2017, MPD received 295 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Non-Residential Burglary – 5:38 a.m. Officers responded to an alarm at a business located in the 100 block of Junction Road. Officers arrived to find a smashed door and a large rock located inside the business. No suspects located inside of the store. Unknown if anything was taken. Investigation continuing.
2) WEST: Drug Incident Overdose – 6:08 a.m. Officers responded to the 5700 block of Odana Road for a subject (26 year old WM) having an overdose. MFD administered Naloxone to the subject and transported him to a local hospital where he was admitted for medical complications. The subject was cited for possession of heroin and a hold was placed on him by Corrections.
3) EAST: Assist Police – 8:17 a.m. Officers responded to assist Monona PD for a mutual aid request. The Monona PD requested assistance regarding several callers reporting hearing yelling and a possible gunshot. MPD responded to assist with containment of the area and traffic direction for several hours until the Dane County Sheriff's Office responded to assist.
4) NORTH: Death Investigation – 10:27 a.m. Officers responded to a residence on the north side of Madison for a deceased subject (43 year old WF). Death appears to be medically related. Nothing suspicious noted on scene. Medical Examiner responded.
5) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 3:42 p.m. Officers responded to Ruskin Street for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (42 year old HF victim and 48 year old HM suspect). Subjects are married. The suspect punched the victim, pulled her hair, slammed her into a window/door and strangled her. The victim sustained injuries and was transported to a local hospital for treatment. The suspect was arrested for battery, disorderly conduct and strangulation.
6) CENTRAL: Exposure – 6:47 p.m. Officers were flagged down in the 100 block of N. Broom Street where it was reported that a suspect (31 year old AAM) exposed himself. The suspect was contacted and denied doing anything wrong. The suspect was ultimately arrested and conveyed to jail on charges of resisting, depositing human waste and open intoxicants.
7) CENTRAL: Exposure – 10:10 p.m. Officers responded to multiple callers complaining of a suspect exposing himself. The initial call came from Atwood Avenue. The suspect (29 year old WM) was located near the 900 block of Williamson Street. The suspect was arrested for lewd and lascivious behavior.
8) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 10:44 p.m. Officers responded to the 4600 block of Verona Road for a disturbance between roommates (46 year old female victim and 43 year old AAM suspect) who live out of town. The victim was giving the suspect a ride when the suspect became more demanding on where he wanted to be taken to. The victim asked the suspect to get out of her vehicle and he refused. The suspect became physically aggressive with the victim by throwing her to the ground and attempted to strangle her. The victim was able to get away but the suspect chased her down. The suspect then fled in the victim's vehicle by himself without the victim's permission. Multiple charges pending for the suspect. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 12:51 a.m. Officers responded to Silver Road for a subject (35 year old WM) having an overdose. MPD Officer and MFD administered Naloxone. The subject was transported to a local hospital where he was cited for possession of heroin.
10) WEST: Found Person – 4:29 a.m. Officers responded to a gas station on Raymond Road where store clerks observed a 3 year old child outside alone in a diaper only. The child was found to have left his home on his own to look for his father. The mother was home, asleep and did not hear the child leave. The child was reunited with his mother and was determined to be safe. Child Protective Services notified.