From 5:30 a.m. on 02/27/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/28/2018, MPD received 428 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
1) MIDTOWN: Residential Burglary – 4:53 a.m. Officers responded to the 2000 block of Monroe Street for a residential burglary where personal items, keys to a vehicle and a vehicle were stolen from the victim (21 year old WM). The vehicle was observed and stopped at Gorham St/State St. The driver/suspect (21 year old WM) was arrested for operating a motor vehicle without consent and possession of cocaine. The stolen personal items were not located with the driver/in the vehicle so additional investigation is necessary. Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Disturbance – 9:09 a.m. Officers responded to Great Gray Dr for an open 911 line where a disturbance could be heard in the background. Officers made contact with two subjects (15 year old AAF and her 35 year old AAF mother). The juvenile was causing a disturbance with her mother. The juvenile was detained and transported to the Juvenile Reception Center on a disorderly conduct charge.
3) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 10:00 a.m. Officers arrested a wanted subject (22 year old AAM) at the Probation/Parole Office on Raywood Rd. The subject/suspect had an outstanding probation violation hold. He was conveyed to jail.
4) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 10:26 a.m. Officers responded to Acewood Blvd for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (25 year old WF victim and 26 year old WM suspect). The suspect punched the victim, who is pregnant, and threatened her with a knife. The suspect was not on scene when officers arrived. The suspect has pending charges for domestic battery and disorderly conduct while armed. Investigation continuing.
5) WEST: Check Person – 11:34 a.m. Officers responded to Valley View Rd for a juvenile (16 year old WM) with mental health concerns acting out of control. The juvenile set the kitchen on fire. MFD responded and put the fire out. The juvenile was combative with officers (spitting/scratching/fighting). The juvenile was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. An emergency detention may be sought. MPD Mental Health Officer plugged in. MFD handling the arson implications. Investigation continuing.
6) SOUTH: Check Person – 12:58 p.m. Officers responded to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (32 year old AM). Attempt to locate aired. Dane County Deputies located the subject and placed him into protective custody. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital where he was voluntarily admitted. The subject did have access to weapons which he voluntarily turned over temporarily to a friend for safekeeping.
7) SOUTH: Weapons Offense – 1:15 p.m. Officers responded to the 2200 block of S. Park St for a report of two juveniles (12 year old and 15 year old) with a long gun. Contact was made with both juveniles where a black airsoft gun (looking very similar to an AK-47) was observed and taken into possession. Investigation continuing regarding possible charges.
8) EAST: Residential Burglary – 2:35 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence where a burglary was reported. The suspect(s) caused damage to the residence to gain entrance. Once inside, the suspect(s) stole many personal high dollar items. Investigation continuing.
9) SOUTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 3:03 p.m. Officers responded, along with Child Protective Services, to a local school to talk with a victim (11 year old AAF) regarding a possible sexual assault. The suspect (60 year old AAM) is the victim's father. The victim was placed with a family member. Investigation continuing.
10) NORTH: Check Person – 10:15 p.m. Officers responded to the 2100 block of N. Sherman Ave where the caller (43 year old WM) reported that a subject/suspect (54 year old WM) clad in limited clothing was causing a disturbance and had displayed a metal pipe. Officers made contact with the caller and determined that the suspect is well known to officers (mental health concerns, often known to be loud and screams for no reason). It was discovered that the caller heard the suspect yelling in the hallway and observed some sort of disturbance between him and the suspect's roommate. The caller went to confront the suspect and observed him with a metal pipe. Contact was made with the suspect's roommate who appeared to be having some sort of medical emergency. The roommate (48 year old WM) was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. A decision was made, based on the suspect's mental health issues, to not make contact regarding the incident tonight. A citation for disorderly conduct will be forwarded to a MPD Mental Health Officer for follow-up with the suspect, where the citation will be delivered. Investigation continuing.
11) NORTH: Check Person – 1:25 a.m. Officers responded to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (29 year old AF). The subject was located and conveyed to a local hospital where she was left in the care of medical staff for an evaluation.