From 5:30 a.m. on 10/04/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/05/2017, MPD received 422 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 6:46 a.m. Officers responded to the 1600 block of Wright Street for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (33 year old AAF and 46 year old AAM). Both subjects gave different accounts of what occurred. No charges were able to be substantiated. The couple were advised to separate.
2) NORTH: Suspicious Person – 8:25 a.m. Officers responded to Kipling Drive where a child (9 year old AAF) reported a suspicious person approaching her. The suspicious person/suspect was not located. Investigation continuing.
3) CENTRAL: Battery – 10:07 a.m. Officers responded to N. Hancock Street where a victim (54 year old WM) reported being battered by a known suspect (35 year old WM). The victim was transported to a local hospital for a medical evaluation/treatment. The suspect was not on scene when the officers arrived. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: Death Investigation – 11:01 a.m. Officers responded to School Road for a deceased subject (35 year old AAM). Medical Examiner responded. Autopsy to occur on 10/5. Nothing overtly suspicious observed at the scene. Subject was taking numerous medications and had a history of drug use. Investigation continuing.
5) WEST: Exposure – 12:54 p.m. Officers responded to the 5700 block of Gammon Lane where a victim (44 year old HF) reported that a suspect (24 year old AAM) exposed himself to her. The suspect was arrested for lewd and lascivious behavior.
6) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 2:05 p.m. Officers responded with EMS to the 4600 block of Nakoosa Road for a subject (20 year old WM) who was having an overdose. When officers arrived, the subject fled. Information was obtained that a second subject in the 800 block of Ziegler Road was in need of medical attention. A second subject/suspect (30 year old WM) having an overdose was located and Naloxone was administered. Both suspects transported to a local hospital for an evaluation. 20 year old WM suspect arrested for a probation hold. 30 year old WM arrested on several outstanding warrants.
7) CITY-WIDE: Road Rage – 2:22 p.m. Officers responded to a road rage incident that was taking place at various places across the city. The victim (19 year old AAF) and her boyfriend reported that the victim's ex-boyfriend/suspect (20 year old AAM) was following them, cutting them off and approached their vehicle several times at different locations. The suspect was located and he fled. The suspect was later located, detained and he lied about his identification. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct, eluding and obstructing.
8) WEST: Death Investigation – 4:53 p.m. Officers responded to South Hill Drive for a deceased subject (95 year old WF). Nothing suspicious located. Medical Examiner responded to the scene.
9) SOUTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 5:05 p.m. Officers responded to Braxton Place reference a subject (48 year old WF) having a mental breakdown. Officers located the subject in need of emergency help due to her condition. The subject was taken into protective custody and conveyed to a local hospital for a mental health evaluation. An emergency detention occurred at a local hospital around 10:30 p.m.
10) EAST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 5:22 p.m. Officers responded to the 4700 block of Dutchmill Road reference a missing juvenile (13 year old AAF). No medical or mental health concerns for the juvenile. Attempt to locate aired and the juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
11) WEST: Stolen Auto – 9:25 p.m. Officers responded to a business in the 700 block of S. Gammon Road for a report of a hit and run. Several juveniles are observed running from the area. It was later determined that a crash had not occurred but the suspect vehicle that the juveniles were in was stolen. Three juvenile suspects (AAMs, ages 13, 14 & 15) were arrested.
12) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 1:21 a.m. Officers responded to the 700 block of State Street where a victim (23 year old AM) reported a disturbance. The suspect (39 year old AM) asked the victim for money. The victim gave the suspect money but the suspect grabbed additional money (and a backpack) from the victim without his consent. The suspect was arrested and charged with theft, disorderly conduct and a previous disorderly conduct charge that was pending.
13) NORTH: Check Property – 1:39 a.m. Officers responded to a call in the area of E. Washington Ave and Reindahl Ave for 20-30 vehicles causing a disturbance and guns being observed/pointed. The original caller was intoxicated on the phone, not cooperative with dispatch and did not want any contact with officers. Officers were on scene and did not notice any issues.