From 5:30 a.m. on 01/15/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/16/2018, MPD received 249 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Death Investigation – 7:42 a.m. Officers responded to a north side residence for a deceased subject (61 year old AAM). Lifesaving efforts were unsuccessful. Decedent was an active alcoholic and it is unknown if he had any medical concerns. No suspicion circumstances. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Check Person – 11:22 a.m. Officers responded to an assisted living facility where a subject (29 year old AAF) was displaying suicidal behaviors. Officers were aware of this subject and address as the day prior they responded due to the subject threatening suicide by knife. MPD Mental Health Liaison Officer responded and was able to calm the subject down. The incident was resolved and a safety plan was put into place. No further action by police necessary at this time. Journey Mental Health consulted.
3) SOUTH: Stolen Auto – 12:38 p.m. The owner of a stolen vehicle located their vehicle occupied in the 1900 block of S. Park St. Officers responded and located two individuals in the vehicle (60 year old AAM and AAF). The male suspect was arrested and conveyed to jail for operating a motor vehicle without consent (OMVWOC), possession of paraphernalia and bail jumping. The suspect also admitted to a previous auto theft and therefore was charged with a second count of OMVWOC and bail jumping.
4) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 1:58 p.m. Officers responded to a residence for a deceased subject (58 year old WM). Evidence of drug use on scene. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
5) CENTRAL: Drug Incident/Investigation – 4:01 p.m. Officers responded to the 400 block of N. Frances St reference a caller requesting help for himself and his roommate (22 year old HM and 21 year old HM). Both subjects reporting taking sugar cubes of LSD. One of the subjects trashed their apartment as a result of taking the drug. The other subject was having delusional thoughts. Both subjects were taken into protective custody and conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Drug Incident/Overdose – 4:20 p.m. Officers responded, along with EMS, to the 9400 block of Old Sauk Rd for an overdose. The subject (54 year old WM) was conveyed to a local hospital where he refused to talk with officers. No probable cause was developed for charges/arrest at this time. Investigation continuing.
7) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 7:07 p.m. Officers responded to the 1200 block of Drake St for a domestic disturbance where a female called asking for help. The victim (30 year old AF) reported being slapped by her boyfriend/suspect (33 year old AM). The suspect denied the allegation. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery and conveyed to jail.
8) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 11:10 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a vehicle leaving the roadway near S. Park St and the Beltline. Officers located the vehicle and the driver who had walked away. The driver/suspect (37 year old HM) was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (3rd offense) and an active warrant.
9) NORTH: Recovered Stolen Vehicle – 12:00 a.m. Milwaukee PD advised they had recovered a stolen vehicle that was reported stolen out of Madison. The vehicle was occupied and the suspect (28 year old AAM) was arrested for OMVWOC and a probation hold. The registered owner was notified.
10) SOUTH: Check Person – 1:44 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital to review video where a 17 year old WF was seen being pushed by an adult male. The WF was contacted and she denied any injuries. The male adult (identified as an uncle) was not contacted. There was no evidence of child abuse. No charges were substantiated. Child Protective Services notified. No further action found necessary by the police.