From 5:30 a.m. on 09/18/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 09/19/2017, MPD received 422 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Suspicious Vehicle – 7:23 a.m. Officers responded to the area of E. Washington Ave/Fair Oaks Ave for a suspicious vehicle. The caller reported concerns about someone being in the vehicle against their will. The driver (33 year old AAM) was contacted and no one else was observed in the vehicle. The concerns from the caller were unsubstantiated.
2) NORTH: Lost Property – 8:27 a.m. Officers responded to the 4800 block of American Parkway where a victim (74 year old WF) reported that she dropped cash and other personal belongings on the floor of a business by mistake and when she went back to look for it the cash was missing. Video was viewed and it showed a suspect (30-40 year old WF) retrieve the cash from the floor, pocket the cash and leave the store. Vehicle for the suspect is identified as well as a potential residence. Residence is checked by an outside law enforcement agency in another city. Suspect is not located. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Disturbance – 11:28 a.m. Officers responded to the Metro West Transfer Point for a physical fight on a bus. The suspect (14 year old AAF) battered another passenger and left the area with her sister. The officers locate the suspect and her sister who refuse to stop. The officers detain the suspect and her sister attempts to intervene and pull her sister away from officers. The sister (16 year old AAF) is also detained. The victim is contacted and does not want to cooperate with officers. The mother of the two juveniles is contacted and the mother refuses to identify her children. Both juveniles are transported to the West Police District where the mother eventually cooperates with the investigation. The 14 year old juvenile is cited for disorderly conduct. The 16 year old juvenile is cited for obstructing. Both juveniles are released to their mother.
4) EAST: Retail Theft – 3:01 p.m. Officers responded to the 2200 block of Zeier Road to a business where a suspect (30 year old WM) is being detained for a retail theft incident. The business believes that MPD has probable cause charges for the suspect regarding previous incidents. Officers contact the suspect, verbally identify the suspect only as he has no photo identification on him and no ties to the community. The suspect is taken to jail to post on his retail theft citation.
5) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 4:57 p.m. Officers responded to the 3600 block of Marsh Road for a report that a wanted subject/suspect (23 year old WM) was inside a business. The suspect fled from officers in August and he is known to abuse substances. Officers contact the suspect and take him into custody. During the course of arresting the suspect, he starts a physical altercation with officers. Three officers receive injuries. Suspect is arrested for bail jumping (11 counts), resisting, obstructing, possession of heroin (2 counts), possession of drug paraphernalia (2 counts) and violation of court order. A second suspect (18 year old WF) was arrested as well for violation of bail conditions (2 counts).
6) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 7:08 p.m. Officers responded to Browning Road where a victim (39 year old AAM) reported being pistol whipped. The incident is likely to have occurred in the 3400 block of Sherman Avenue where the victim was walking when he was confronted by three suspects (AAMs). The victim was able to escape and called police. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Possible Sexual Assault – 5:38 p.m. Officers took a report of a possible sexual assault of a victim (13 year old AAF) that took place in the 4900 block of Milwaukee Street. The suspects are both AAMs, ages 14 and 15. Child Protective Services plugged in. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Check Suspicious Person – 6:14 p.m. Officers responded to a parent's report that her 6 year old child may have been inappropriately contacted while on the school grounds. Mother provided a description of a potential suspect and supplied officers with additional evidence. School authorities contacted for follow-up. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 9:18 p.m. Officers responded to Debs Road for a disturbance between multiple family members. A suspect (52 year old AAM) was ultimately arrested for disorderly conduct and strangulation. The victim in this incident is a 18 year old AAF.
10) SOUTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 11:23 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital where a suicidal subject (24 year old WM) left the hospital against medical advice. Officers located the subject and he agreed to return to the hospital. Journey Mental Health was consulted and an emergency detention was determined to be necessary. The subject will be transported to Winnebago once he is medically cleared.
11) CENTRAL: Drug Incident Overdose – 11:57 p.m. Officers responded to the 6300 block of W. Washington Ave where a subject/suspect (43 year old WM) had overdosed on heroin and fell, which caused injuries to himself. The suspect was transported to a local hospital for a medical evaluation/treatment and then to jail for his respective charges (parole warrant and possession of heroin).
12) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 1:20 a.m. Officers responded to the 3500 block of E. Washington Ave for a report of multiple shots fired with a male running from the area with a possible gun. A perimeter was set up. A resident in the 3500 block of Ridgeway Avenue reported a few minutes later that they believed someone broke in to their home. A perimeter was set up on the home. No one was located in the home. Investigation continuing.