The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 5:30 a.m. on 04/25/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 04/26/2018, MPD received 517 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
1) CENTRAL: Drug Incident – 11:30 a.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of E. Washington Ave where they made contact with a subject/suspect (36-year-old AAM) who was found to have been in possession of cocaine. The suspect was arrested for possession with intent to deliver cocaine.
2) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 1:35 p.m. Officers responded to the 500 block of University Ave regarding a subject falling over and going in/out of consciousness. The subject (37-year-old WM) was administered Naloxone and transported to a local hospital. The subject/suspect was ultimately conveyed to jail on a probation hold. No charges have been substantiated at this time for drug use. Investigation continuing.
3) CENTRAL: Missing Adult – 3:53 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a missing adult (18-year-old WF). Attempt to locate aired. The subject was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
4) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 4:11 p.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of S. Hancock St for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (61-year-old WF victim and 60-year-old WM suspect). The victim reported being physically assaulted by her boyfriend/suspect. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery.
5) CENTRAL: Check Person – 5:09 p.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of E. Washington Ave to check the welfare of two children and their mother. No specific concerns were identified in the call to 911 regarding the welfare of the children in the care of their mother. The children/mother were not located/contacted at this time. A data check reflected that the mother (26-year-old AAF) has several pending warrants. Child Protective Services plugged in. Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH: Missing Adult – 6:57 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a missing adult (23-year-old HM). Attempt to locate aired. The subject was listed as missing in the appropriate databases. At one point, the missing subject's girlfriend advised officers she talked with family members of the subject who stated he was fine but no location for him was provided. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Missing Adult – 8:59 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a missing adult (59-year-old WF) with some medical/mental health issues. Attempt to locate aired. The subject was listed as missing in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 10:15 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a missing juvenile (12-year-old AAM). Numerous police resources utilized on this call. Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 12:07 a.m. Officers responded to Thierer Rd for an intoxicated subject who injured himself. The subject/suspect (36-year-old WM) was taken into protective custody as he was intoxicated/incapacitated. The suspect was conveyed to a local hospital where he will need surgery on a broken jaw he sustained when he was drinking/fell. The suspect spat at an officer and security personnel. The suspect was left in the care of medical staff and given an order-in-date for discharging bodily fluids at an officer and disorderly conduct.