From 5:30 a.m. on 03/04/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/05/2018, MPD received 273 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
**Priority only calls in the North/East Districts from 4pm-5pm due to weapons offense calls.
1) SOUTH: Check Person – 7:57 a.m. Officers were requested to check the welfare of a subject (30 year old WM) on Waunona Woods Court. The subject was contacted via phone as he was out of town. No further action by the police was deemed necessary.
2) CENTRAL: Found Property – 9:16 a.m. Officers responded to the 700 block of E. Johnson St for a found loaded handgun. The handgun was collected. A K9 search of the area was conducted to search for any other possible weapons discarded. No other weapons located.
3) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 11:33 a.m. Officers responded to Jenewin Rd for a domestic battery. The victim (41 year old AAF) reported being punched by her husband/suspect (41 year old AAM). The suspect was not on scene when officers arrived. Probable cause was developed for the suspect for domestic battery and a probation hold charge. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Retail Theft – 12:41 p.m. Officers responded to a business on E. Washington Ave for a retail theft. The suspect (38 year old WF) was contacted in the parking lot and arrested for retail theft and trespassing.
5) CENTRAL: Drug Investigation – 3:26 p.m. Officers contacted two subjects on State Street, after they were observed using drugs. The two subjects/suspects (60 year old WF and 57 year old AAM) were both arrested. The male suspect was arrested for possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and a probation hold. The female suspect was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
6) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 3:49 p.m. Officers responded to the 1400 block of Northport Drive reference shots fired. Witnesses observed two AAMs (teens) on foot having some sort of argument with individuals in a vehicle. It was reported that the two AAMs teens drew handguns and fired at the vehicle. The two suspects and the vehicle shot at were not located by police. Several casings were located in the area. No damage or injuries were located. K9 track conducted. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Weapons Offense – 3:55 p.m. Officers responded to Progress Rd for a report of a suspect (HM in his late teens) with a gun. Officers arrived and located several vehicles with damage, which would be consistent with someone using a BB gun. K9 track conducted. Suspect not located. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 6:26 p.m. Officers responded to Gannon Ave where a 46 year old WM suspect physically assaulted his 72 year old AF mother-in-law. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
9) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 8:29 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital where a 20 year old AAF reported a sexual assault that occurred a few days ago on State Street. The exact timing and location were not known. Investigation continuing.
10) NORTH: Assist EMS/Fire – 10:16 p.m. Officers responded, along with EMS, to the 2600 block of Shopko Drive for a male subject passed out in a vehicle. The subject (25 year old AAM) was administered Naloxone by MFD and transported to a local hospital. No charges were substantiated.
11) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 1:38 a.m. Officers responded to Straubel Court for a domestic disturbance. Officers contacted the victim (29 year old AAF) who reported being battered and strangled by her boyfriend/suspect (47 year old AAM). The suspect was not on scene when officers arrived but he was located and arrested for domestic battery and strangulation.
12) NORTH: Assist Fire/Fire Investigation – 4:45 a.m. Officers responded, along with MFD, to a fire in the 2900 block of Commercial Ave. Officers assisted with scene perimeter/assisting families displaced with resources. Investigation continuing.