From 5:30 a.m. on 10/10/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/11/2017, MPD received 439 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Stolen Auto – 7:24 a.m. Officers responded to Welton Drive for a report of a stolen vehicle. Vehicle entered as stolen in the appropriate databases.
2) EAST: Exposure – 7:44 a.m. Officers responded to a hotel on East Springs Drive where a suspect (WM) exposed himself to staff. Suspect left the area and no details regarding vehicle/direction travel known. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Check Property – 8:20 a.m. Officers responded to the area of E. Washington Ave/E. Johnson Street for a report of a single gunshot. Area checked and no evidence of shots fired located.
4) EAST: Non-Residential Burglary – 8:34 a.m. Officers responded to Tradewinds Parkway for a report of several burglaries to construction sites in the area. Construction equipment and tools were stolen. Investigation continuing.
5) EAST: Death Investigation – 10:23 a.m. Officers responded to a residence on the east side for a deceased subject (90 year old WF). Death appears to be due to medical concerns. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner responded.
6) WEST: OMVWI Arrest/Intoxicated Driver – 11:36 a.m. Officers responded to a crash at the intersection of Nakoma Rd/Huron Street where the driver/suspect (32 year old WM) fled. The suspect was located and arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (6th offense).
7) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 12:38 p.m. Officers responded to the 2900 block of Turbot Drive for a domestic disturbance where it was reported that a man struck a vehicle with a gun. The information was reported by a witness who could not be contacted by officers. Two subjects in conflict were contacted – 28 year old AAF victim and 29 year old AAM suspect. The suspect was ultimately arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
8) WEST: Traffic Incident – 4:41 p.m. Officers responded to a crash between a vehicle/pedestrian in the 6200 block of Schroeder Road. The pedestrian/victim (62 year old WF) succumbed to her injuries. The driver is a 61 year old WM. Investigation continuing. Press release completed.
9) SOUTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 10:33 p.m. Officers responded to Rowley Ave for a report of a missing juvenile (16 year old WM). Attempt to locate aired and juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
10) EAST: Disturbance – 10:49 p.m. Officers responded to Brandenburg Way for a disturbance between a victim (18 year old WM) and a suspect (23 year old WM). The suspect, who used to be friends with the victim, observed him on the street and drove past him striking the victim's vehicle which was parked. The victim had to dive out of the way in order to prevent being struck himself. The suspect fled the area. There is probable cause for the arrest of the suspect for first degree reckless endangering safety.
11) SOUTH: Check Person – 2:10 a.m. Officers responded to the 1600 block of the W. Beltline to check the welfare of a female subject who was acting strangely. The subject was located and transported to a local hospital for an evaluation. The subject then left the hospital on her own without the evaluation being completed.
12) CENTRAL: Strong Arm Robbery – 4:27 a.m. Officers responded to S. Hancock Street where a victim was robbed of his computer, wallet and phone by 4 AAMs. Investigation continuing.