From 5:30 a.m. on 10/19/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/20/2017, MPD received 468 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Conveyance Mental Health – 10:15 a.m. Officers were dispatched to a local hospital to transport a subject (22 year old AAM) on a voluntary admit case. The subject had been cited on 10/18 for a disturbance and was taken to the hospital for self-inflicted injuries. The subject was attempting to leave the hospital against medical advice so the police were called back to the hospital where the transport ultimately occurred.
2) NORTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 11:32 a.m. Officers responded to a call where a victim (11 year old HF) reported a sexual assault by a suspect (40 year old HM). The suspect was arrested for sexual assault of a child.
3) SOUTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 3:18 p.m. A victim (14 year old WF) reported a sexual assault by another juvenile suspect (15 year old AAM). The parent would not allow the male suspect to provide a statement. Safety plan established. Investigation continuing.
4) CENTRAL: Search Warrant Executed – 4:28 p.m. A search warrant was executed in the 500 block of W. Johnson Street where two suspects were ultimately arrested without incident.
5) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 6:06 p.m. Officers responded to the 3800 block of E. Washington Avenue where a subject/victim (34 year old AAF) was heard screaming for police. The victim reported a physical altercation with her ex-boyfriend/suspect (31 year old AAM) where she was punched, strangled and spit upon. The suspect had fled the scene. The victim was transported to a local hospital for her injuries. The suspect was not located. There are charges pending for the suspect once located. Investigation continuing.
6) EAST: Death Investigation – 6:51 p.m. Officers responded to a residence on the east side of Madison for a deceased subject (86 year old WF). Nothing suspicious located on scene. Medical Examiner responded.
7) SOUTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 6:51 p.m. Officers responded to Gregory Street for a report of a missing/runaway juvenile (14 year old AF). Juvenile has a history of running away. Attempt to locate aired and the juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases. The juvenile returned home at approximately 11:30 p.m.
8) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 7:30 p.m. Officers responded to the 5800 block of Raymond Road where a victim (37 year old WF) reported a physical altercation with her son/suspect (17 year old WM). The victim reported this incident after midnight when she returned home from the hospital after seeking medical attention for a broken collarbone. The incident occurred at approximately 7:30 p.m. The suspect was arrested for substantial domestic battery.
9) EAST: Weapons Offense – 7:45 p.m. Officers responded to the area of the Beltline/S. Stoughton Road regarding a report of a passenger in a vehicle displaying a gun. Officers attempted contact at the residence where the suspect vehicle was registered. No one was at the home. The vehicle returned to the address later in the evening and officers made contact with the driver who said all passengers had been dropped off (and she didn't know their names). A consent search of the vehicle was conducted and no weapons were located. Investigation continuing.
10) CENTRAL: Check Person – 8:30 p.m. Officers responded to the 1200 block of E. Washington Avenue to check the welfare of a subject (25 year old AM) who was possibly suicidal. Contact was made with a subject who denied any knowledge of the claims. Eventually, the subject admits he was lying to the police and that the concerning text messages he had been sending were an attempt to gain attention and he had no intention of harming himself. Journey Mental Health consulted. The suspect was arrested for obstructing.
11) SOUTH: Weapons Offense – 9:20 p.m. Officers responded to a park in the 1800 block of Quann-Olin Parkway for a disturbance. Officers arrived to a scene of broken bottles, a knife on the ground, blood and clothes with blood on it. A 30 year old HF approached the police and she was found to have injuries and was intoxicated. Her explanation of events was scattered and inconsistent. She was ultimately arrested for a probation hold. Later in the evening a male subject (42 year old HM) showed up at a bar with knife wounds to his hands. This subject was intoxicated and uncooperative. He was treated at a local hospital and ultimately released.
12) CENTRAL: Aggravated/Substantial Battery – 11:08 p.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of State Street for a reported disturbance among several homeless individuals. All had dispersed prior to police arrival. The victim (21 year old HM) reported to the police that he was attacked and had his phone stolen by the suspect (29 year old AAM). The suspect was located and arrested for disorderly conduct, robbery with use of force, damage to property and substantial/aggravated battery.
13) SOUTH: Traffic Incident – 2:04 a.m. UWPD observed two vehicles racing/speeding southbound on Park Street. A traffic stop was conducted on one of the vehicle's, and when this occurred, the second vehicle fled and struck a hydrant. The vehicle continued and struck a light pole. The occupants of the vehicle fled. Press release conducted. Investigation continuing.
14) SOUTH: OMVWI Arrest/Intoxicated Driver – 2:41 a.m. Officers were processing a crash scene on Regent Street (See #13 above) when an unrelated driver of another vehicle attempted to drive through the scene. The driver backed into a light pole and was contacted. The driver (34 year old AAM) was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (3rd offense).
15) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 3:03 a.m. Two subjects (21 year old WM and 22 year old WF) met a bar and went back to the male's residence. The female wanted to leave at one point and the male did not allow her to leave. The female was able to get away and contacted police. Investigation continuing.