The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 11/19/2018 through 6:00 a.m. on 11/20/2018, MPD received 413 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 413 calls for service for the past 24-hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (69), East (96), Midtown (62), North (55), South (37), West (63), and Other (31). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
**Priority only calls from 2:59pm-6:34pm due to calls for service.
1) MIDTOWN: Trespassing – 4:58 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital where a suspect (AAF) refused to leave the premises and was causing a disturbance. Officers made contact with a suspect (AAF) and she was arrested for trespassing to a medical facility. The suspect's identity was not confirmed at the jail, so therefore additional investigation is necessary to properly ID the suspect. Investigation continuing. *This was a late call that did not make the previous 24-hour cycle call notes due to officers being involved at the scene and reports from the field were not yet typed.
2) MIDTOWN: Missing/Runaway Juvenile – 8:39 a.m. Officers responded to a report of a missing/runaway juvenile (13-year-old AAM). Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing/runaway in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
3) EAST: Strong Armed Robbery – 8:40 a.m. Officers responded to the KFC located at 604 Cottage Grove Rd for a report of a robbery. The restaurant manager/victim (36-year-old HF) was struck in the head during the robbery. The suspect (AAM) took cash and fled. Incident Report on MPD's website completed. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Strong Armed Robbery – 12:14 p.m. Officers responded to Shopko on Zeier Rd for a robbery. The victim (60-year-old WF) was in the store shopping when the suspect (WM) grabbed her purse, knocking the victim to the ground in the process. A store employee chased the suspect, who tripped and fell. The suspect remains at-large. The victim's purse/wallet was recovered. Investigation continuing.
5) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 1:04 p.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of Williamson St to check the welfare of a naked subject/suspect (37-yaer-old WM). Officers made contact with the suspect and probable cause was developed to arrest him for disorderly conduct. The suspect was also charged with four counts of bail jumping and possession of meth.
6) WEST: Weapons Offense – 2:50 p.m. Officers responded to the 7900 block of Tree Lane for a report of a subject/victim (36-year-old WF) shot. Officers arrived quickly and detained/arrested a suspect (28-year-old AAM). The victim was conveyed to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Incident Report on MPD's website completed. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Death Investigation – 6:33 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a deceased subject (79-year-old WM). Nothing suspicious observed on scene. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
8) MIDTOWN: Armed Robbery – 1:07 a.m. Officers responded to the 500 block of S. Park St for an armed robbery. The victim (30-year-old WM) reported that he was attacked by a suspect (WM) in between Mills St and Brooks St as he was walking home. The victim said the suspect struck him with a handgun and demanded his wallet. The suspect fled with cash. Incident Report on MPD's website completed. Investigation continuing.
9) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 1:37 a.m. Officers observed a wanted suspect (27-year-old AAM) on Langdon St. Officers made contact with the suspect who resisted arrest. The suspect was arrested for previous charges of identity theft, resisting, bail jumping (two counts), pending warrants and new charges of resisting and bail jumping.
10) CENTRAL: Check Person – 2:19 a.m. Officers responded to W. Main St for concerns of a possible disturbance. Officers made contact with a resident (23-year-old UM) who was not cooperative with officers. Officers conducted a community caretaker sweep of the residence to ensure that no one needed assistance. No signs of a disturbance located. The UM did state he had an argument earlier with a female subject and that the noise heard may have stemmed from that. No charges substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing.
11) SOUTH: Assist Law Enforcement – 2:21 a.m. Officers responded to Detox regarding a suspect (27-year-old WM), who had been brought in by a different law enforcement agency. The suspect reportedly assaulted a detox staff member. MPD assisted the Town of Madison Police Department with taking the suspect into custody. The Town of Madison Police has the lead on this investigation.
12) WEST: Juvenile Arrest – 2:37 a.m. A juvenile (15-year-old WF) turned herself into the West District on an open capias (warrant). She was processed and conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center.