From 5:30 a.m. on 01/02/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/03/2018, MPD received 375 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Stolen Auto – 5:50 a.m. Officers responded to Meadowood Dr for a report of a stolen vehicle that was left unoccupied, running and unlocked. Attempt to locate aired. Vehicle was entered as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
2) NORTH: Death Investigation – 7:58 a.m. Officers responded to a residence on the north side for a deceased subject (61 year old WM). The decedent was in hospice care. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified.
3) EAST: Death Investigation – 9:18 a.m. Officers responded to a residence on the east side for a deceased subject (78 year old AAM) who had a history of health concerns. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified.
4) SOUTH: Stolen Auto – 10:00 a.m. Officers responded to a south side location for a report of a stolen vehicle that was left unoccupied, running and unlocked. Attempt to locate aired. Vehicle was entered as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
5) EAST: Stolen Vehicle/Other – 12:30 p.m. Officers responded to Commercial Avenue for a report of a stolen U-Haul trailer. Attempt to locate aired. The trailer was entered as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
6) CENTRAL: Damage to Property – 1:40 p.m. Officers responded to the 1700 block of Fordem Ave for a report of damage to a vehicle. The vehicle's windshield had bullet-strike damage to it. Investigation continuing.
7) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 1:52 p.m. Officers met with a victim (23 year old WF) at the Central District who wanted to report a sexual assault that occurred a few months ago. Investigation continuing.
8) NORTH: Recovered Stolen Vehicle – 4:16 p.m. Officers responded to an abandoned vehicle which was confirmed to be stolen out of Florida. Florida officials were notified and the vehicle was towed.
9) NORTH: Intoxicated Driver/Arrest – 5:48 p.m. Officers responded to E. Johnson St/Pennsylvania Ave for a two-vehicle crash with injuries. A victim was transported to a local hospital for injuries. The driver/suspect (22 year old WM) was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
10) NORTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 6:46 p.m. Officers responded to multiple reports of shots fired in the area of Green Ave/Westport Rd. Several casings were located. No damage was located. Additional canvassing will need to take place during daylight hours. Investigation continuing.
11) EAST: Armed Robbery – 7:04 p.m. Officers responded to the Mobile convenience store located at 605 Cottage Grove Rd for a report of an armed robbery by a suspect (WM). The suspect displayed what was described as a shotgun. The suspect fled on foot. K9 track conducted. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
12) NORTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 8:20 p.m. Officers responded to School Rd for a disturbance between two subjects who were in the process of separating. The victim (26 year old AAF) and suspect (27 year old AAM) got into a verbal argument which escalated into a physical altercation. The victim reported being punched in the face and then strangled by the suspect. The suspect made threats to kill the victim and himself. The suspect retrieved a handgun and fired one round at the victim, missing her. The victim was able to flee and called police. The suspect fled to Milwaukee and was apprehended by Milwaukee PD. The suspect was brought back to Madison where he was arrested for multiple domestic charges. Investigation continuing.
13) WEST: Death Investigation – 9:03 p.m. Officers responded to a west side residence to check the welfare of a subject. The subject (36 year old WM) was found deceased inside the home. There was evidence of heavy alcohol and tobacco consumption. The deceased had health concerns. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.