From 5:30 a.m. on 08/23/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 08/24/2017, MPD received 535 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 11:41 a.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of N. Carroll Street reference a suicidal subject (25 year old AAF) who had left a suicide note, was in the bathroom and was not responding. MFD made entry to the bathroom and find the subject deceased. Subject had a history of mental health issues and suicidal ideation. Medical Examiner responded to the scene.
2) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 11:55 a.m. Officers dispatched to the 100 block of N. Henry Street reference a deceased 85 year old WM. Nothing suspicious noted. Medical Examiner responded to the scene.
3) WEST: Child Abuse – 2:02 p.m. Officers responded to Harbor House Drive where it was reported that a child (11 year old WF) was hit in the head and had her mouth covered by the suspect's hands. The suspect (33 year old WM) does not live in the home. The child is safe in her home. Child Protective Services is plugged in. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Recovered/Stolen Vehicle Outside Agency – 3:36 p.m. Task Force and ATF were in the area of East Towne Mall when they observe a drug transaction take place car to car. The first vehicle was stopped (listed as stolen) after it left the area and a suspect (24 year old AAM) was arrested for operating a motor vehicle without consent and warrants. The second vehicle was also stopped and a suspect (22 year old AAM) was arrested for outstanding warrants. A firearm was also located and seized from this incident.
5) SOUTH: Death Investigation – 5:09 p.m. Officers were dispatched to Diving Hawk Trail reference a deceased 75 year old AAM. Nothing suspicious noted. Medical Examiner was notified.
6) EAST: Weapons Offense Person w/Gun – 6:45 p.m. Officers responded to the area of Jana Lane and N. Thompson Drive where a victim (25 year old WM) reported that someone pointed a shotgun at him. Limited suspect(s) descriptions provided as well as limited vehicle description provided. Suspect(s) were not located.
7) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 8:23 p.m. A traffic stop was conducted at Todd Drive/Pelham and it was discovered that the subject/suspect (38 year old AAM) had bail conditions to not operate a vehicle. The suspect was placed under arrest and consent was provided to search the vehicle where marijuana was located. The suspect was taken to jail and charged with bail jumping and possession of marijuana with the intent to deliver.
8) WEST: Missing Adult – 8:59 p.m. Officers responded to the 9400 block of Old Sauk Road for a report of a missing adult. A 74 year old WM was last seen on 8/21. The subject takes medication and has no cell phone on him. Attempt to locate aired and he was listed as a missing individual in the appropriate database.
9) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 9:08 p.m. Officers respond to the 4500 block of McCann Road for a disturbance. The suspect (18 year old AAM) barges into the home of his child's mother without her consent and causes a disturbance. The suspect attacks the mother of his child/victim (18 year old AAF). By the time the officers arrive, the victim, child and a friend were found to be returning from the suspect's home where they created a separate disturbance. Probable cause was established for the male suspect for multiple charges. Male suspect is still at large. Initial female victim was cited for causing a separate disturbance. (see entry #10)
10) Central: Disturbance – 9:31 p.m. This call is related to #9 and took place in the 1500 block of Jennifer Street. The victim in the above case, now suspect (18 year old AAF) went to her child's father's home, breaks a window, enters the home without consent and breaks belongings inside with her child and a friend (19 year old AAF). They leave the home once they realize the father of the child is not home. The two female suspects were cited with misdemeanors with mandatory court dates for their actions.
11) EAST: Juvenile Arrest – 10:38 p.m. Officers responded to the 4700 block of Dutchmill Road where two AAM juveniles (ages 13 and 11) created a disturbance, threatened use of knifes, and were making threats to others. Both juveniles were taken into custody and transported to the Juvenile Reception Center.
12) CENTRAL: Strong Arm Robbery – 4:11 a.m. Victim (20 year old WM) was sleeping inside a building on N. Frances Street when he awoke to the suspect (20-25 year old AAM) going through his pockets and attempting to take his watch. The suspect takes off with the victim's wallet, keys and phone. The victim runs after the suspect and the suspect threatens to shoot the victim (no weapon was displayed or scene). Investigation continuing.