From 5:30 a.m. on 11/01/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 11/02/2017, MPD received 417 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Crash – 6:55 a.m. Officers responded to the intersection of E. Washington Ave and Baldwin Street for a report of a two vehicle crash where one vehicle subsequently struck a building. Two passengers from one of the vehicles were transported to a local hospital with minor injuries. Traffic was restricted for over one hour until the scene was cleared. Investigation continuing.
2) WEST: Check Person – 10:01 a.m. Officers responded along with MFD to N. Pleasant View Road for odor of gas in the hallway. MG&E responded to the same location yesterday for a similar report. At that time, the gas fireplace in the residence was turned off. Officers identified same residence as origin of odor on today's date. MG&E responded. Resident did not answer the door. Entry was made to the residence where the resident/subject (34 year old WF) was contacted. The subject admitted trying to harm herself by disabling the fireplace gas line. The subject was taken into protective custody and transported to local hospital for an evaluation. MPD Mental Health Officer and Journey Mental Health plugged in. Subject admitted to the hospital voluntarily. There is probable cause for the subject for reckless endangering safety once released.
3) WEST: Check Person – 12:04 p.m. Officers responded to Leland Drive to check the welfare of a subject (17 year old AAF) who was reportedly being held against her will. Officers attempted contact at the residence and there was no answer. The homeowner arrived home and allowed entry to the home where no one was located. Information later in the day provided that the suspect (16 year old AAM) was on a bus. The suspect was located, contacted and ultimately arrested for physical abuse to a child after the investigation was completed.
4) EAST: Conveyance Mental Health – 2:02 p.m. Officers responded to Parkside Drive at the request of Dane County Crisis to return a subject (51 year old WF) on a Chapter 51 (emergency detention) order. The subject was transported to a local hospital where she was admitted.
5) EAST: Check Person – 4:09 p.m. Officers responded to Thorp Street where the caller reported hearing a voice yelling for help in a residence. Officers arrived and heard the cries for help. They were able to pinpoint the exact location and ended up forcing entry since there was no response. A 55 year old WF was found in the bathroom where she had locked herself in accidently and could not get out. There were no injuries.
6) SOUTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 4:12 p.m. Officers took a report from a victim (16 year old AAF) about a sexual assault with a known suspect (40 year old AAM). Investigation continuing.
7) SOUTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 5:54 p.m. Officers responded to Traceway Drive for a report of a missing juvenile (15 year old AAF). Attempt to locate aired and the juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
8) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 6:06 p.m. Officers responded to the 1100 block of Moorland Road for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (30 year old AAM victim and 46 year old AAF suspect). The suspect swung a hammer at the suspect which caused injuries. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct while armed.
9) CENTRAL: Crash with Injuries – 8:04 p.m. Officers responded to Park Street/Dayton Street where a vehicle failed to yield to a pedestrian in the crosswalk. The victim (19 year old AF) was transported to a local hospital for minor injuries. The driver (29 year old WM) was cited for failure to yield.
10) EAST: Check Property – 8:16 p.m. Officers responded to Powers Ave for a report of shots fired. No evidence of shots fired located.
11) SOUTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 11:56 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital to transport a subject (16 year old HF) to Winnebago under an emergency detention order.
12) WEST: Drug Incident Overdose – 1:21 a.m. Officers responded to Waldorf Blvd for a subject (38 year old WM) having an overdose. MPD Officer and MFD both administered Naloxone to the subject. Once the subject was revived, he struck one of the paramedics (no injury). The subject was able to be taken into custody with no further incident. The subject was cited for possession of heroin.