The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 3/3/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 3/4/2019, MPD received 304 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 304 calls for service for the past 24-hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central (54), East (66), Midtown (44), North (47), South (26), West (44), and Other (23). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
1) MIDTOWN: Domestic Disturbance - 3:21 a.m. Officers responded to College Ct for a domestic disturbance involving a knife. The victim (24-year-old WM) and the suspect (23-year-old AAF) had been drinking and both returned to the victim's apartment where an argument began. The argument subsequently got physical and involved knife throwing. The suspect was arrested and taken to jail and charged with a number of domestic violence offenses. Investigation continuing. *This was a late call that did not make the previous 24-hour cycle call notes due to officers being involved at the scene and reports from the field were not yet typed.
2) EAST: Check Person - 7:15 a.m. Officers responded to the 1700 block of Thierer Rd to meet with two vctims (AAFs) who said that two AAMs had taken their cell phones. Contact was ultimately made with a vehicle containing a number of subjects, consistent with information provided by the victims. One of the individuals detained and subsequently arrested (23-year-old AAM) was in possession of multiple stolen credit cards. Investigation continuing.
3) MIDTOWN: Child Abuse - 11:26 a.m. A local hospital called MPD to report that a 7-week-old baby was brought in with suspicious injuries. The mother of the child is a 33-year-old WF. The 7-week old baby was admitted. Investigation continuing.
4) CENTRAL: Battery - 1:00 p.m. Officers were called when a 47-year-old WM (victim) confronted a 57-year-old WM (suspect) when the suspect parked his car at a bus stop. The two exchanged words and the suspect then exited his car and struck the victim in the face. The suspect left the area but was later contacted and arrested for Battery and taken to the PSB.
5) CENTRAL: Juvenile Complaint - 3:52 p.m. Officers responded after a call from a mother stating her daughter (8-year-old AAF) was having a mental health crisis and hitting the house with a shovel. The daughter left the area but was quickly located by officers nearby. Investigation continuing. Journey Mental Health will be plugged in.
6) EAST: Disturbance - 9:56 p.m. Officers responded the 4300 block of Buckeye Rd after a very intoxicated suspect (27-year-old WM) got into an argument with the victim, (50-year-old WM), striking him several times. MPD responded and ultimately were able to effect the arrest of the subject. The suspect was arrested for Disorderly Conduct While Armed and Battery. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Disturbance - 9:57 p.m. Officers responded to the 4700 block of E Washington Ave for a report of a fight in progress. Upon arrival officers made contact with the suspect, (45-year-old AAF) who was immediately confrontational and provided two fake names. The suspect continued to yell and scream while officers were on scene. The suspect was arrested for Disorderly Conduct, Resisting and Obstructing, Trespass After Notification, and Threats to Law Enforcement.
8) WEST: Domestic Disturbance - 11:40 p.m. Officers responded to the 6700 block of Raymond Rd after a 58-year-old AAF suspect and 61-year-old AAF victim got into a physical altercation. Ultimately, there was probable cause to arrest the suspect for Domestic Disorderly Conduct.
9) CENTRAL: Weapons Offense - 1:50 a.m. Officers were flagged down at Lake St and State St by the suspect (44-year-old AAM). The suspect spoke with an officer regarding his business cards and in the middle of the conversation, while standing in close proximity, the suspect pulled a knife out of his pocket and held it in his right hand. Given the fact that this action came about spontaneously and without warning, the suspect was proned out and detained. Subsequent investigation showed that the suspect was a convicted felon. The suspect was subsequently arrested for disorderly conduct and felon in possession of a concealed weapon. The suspect also found to be possession of methamphetamine. Investigation continuing.