The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 10/16/2018 through 6:00 a.m. on 10/17/2018, MPD received 428 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 428 calls for service for the past 24-hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (62), East (78), Midtown (70), North (58), South (58), West (72), and Other (30). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
1) EAST: Disorderly Conduct – 5:42 a.m. Officers responded to Rethke Ave for a disturbance where a neighbor/suspect (57-year-old WM) was banging on the victim's (54-year-old AAF) exterior windows. The suspect was contacted, cited for disorderly conduct and the officers left the area. Less than an hour later, police were called back to the same area due to the suspect continuing to cause a disturbance. The victim reported that the suspect continued to pound on her windows and threatened her. The suspect was found to be intoxicated and was observed by EMS. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct, bail jumping (2 counts) and resisting. * This was a late call that did not make the previous 24-hour cycle call notes due to officers being involved at the scene and reports from the field were not yet typed.
2) NORTH: Damage/Theft from Auto – 6:33 a.m. Officers responded to Melody Lane where a vehicle was broken into (windows smashed) and a handgun was stolen from it. Investigation continuing.
3) SOUTH: Disturbance – 11:51 a.m. Officers responded to Waunona Woods Court for a subject/suspect (17-year-old AAM) causing a disturbance. The suspect became resistive towards officers when they came into contact with him. The suspect was subsequently arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting.
4) SOUTH: Weapons Offense – 12:15 p.m. Officers responded to the 6400 block of Bridge Rd for a weapons offense. Two victims (49-year-old and 72-year-old WMs) reported being fired at by one of two juveniles who were "suspected intruders." The juveniles/suspects were not located. No injuries were reported. Incident Report on MPD's website completed. Investigation continuing.
5) EAST: Information/Child Abuse – 4:04 p.m. Officers met with a juvenile/victim (9-year-old AAM) who reported being physically assaulted. The victim did not have any visible injuries. Child Protective Services plugged in. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Child Abuse – 4:58 p.m. Officers responded to a local school after it was observed that a parent/suspect (50-year-old AAF) physically assaulted her daughter/victim (8-year-old AAF). The suspect was contacted and minimized the allegations. Child Protective Services plugged in. The victim did not have any visible injuries. The victim was left in the care of her adult-aged sister. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Check Person – 6:34 p.m. Officers responded to N. Thompson Dr to check the welfare of a subject who was "off her meds and destroying everything." Investigation revealed that the suspect (25-year-old WF) assaulted the victim (23-year-old WF). The suspect was taken into custody and conveyed to Detox. Upon release, the suspect will be arrested for domestic disorderly conduct. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Assist EMS – 8:39 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a pulseless non-breathing child (7-month-old AAF). The child had been recently diagnosed with a virus. The child was transported to a local hospital where she passed away. Medical Examiner's office plugged in. Investigation continuing.
9) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 10:09 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital regarding a subject/suspect (71-year-old WM) causing a disturbance. The suspect was resistive towards officers. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct, battery and resisting.
10) WEST: Missing Adult – 11:14 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a missing adult (45-year-old WM). Areas checked. Attempt to locate aired. The subject was listed as missing in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.