The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 09/03/2018 through 6:00 a.m. on 09/04/2018, MPD received 389 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 389 calls for service for the past 24-hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (76), East (75), Midtown (51), North (68), South (24), West (56), and Other (39). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
1) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 7:57 a.m. Officers responded to E. Karstens Dr for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (52-year-old AAF victim and 52-year-old AAM suspect). The victim and suspect are married. The couple were engaged in a verbal argument that turned physical when the suspect put his hand on the victim's throat and pushed her against a wall. The victim sustained visible injuries. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery.
2) NORTH: Drug Incident/Overdose – 8:24 a.m. Officers responded to what was originally reported as a subject/suspect (22-year-old AAM) causing a disturbance after he attempted to use a stolen credit card. Officers arrived and arrested the suspect for disorderly conduct. Officers then cleared the hotel room at the request of hotel staff and located a male subject (42-year-old AAM) experiencing an overdose. MPD and MFD administered several doses of Naloxone to the subject, which ultimately revived him. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital. No evidence of drug use on scene so no charges have been substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Damage to Property – 9:40 a.m. Officers responded to a north side residence for damage to a residence (possibly caused by a pellet gun or small firearm). Investigation continuing.
4) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 7:56 p.m. Officers responded to the 2000 block of Baird St for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (41-year-old AAF victim and 42-year-old AAM suspect). The suspect and victim have a child-in-common. The suspect showed up at the victim's residence unannounced and without permission. The suspect attempted to gain entry to the residence by pushing the victim. The suspect left the residence with his daughter (16-year-old AAF). The suspect was contacted by Waunakee PD and taken into custody. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and a violation of an active protection order that is in place.
5) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 10:45 p.m. Officers responded to McCann Rd for a damage to property/vehicle report. The victim (33-year-old AAM) reported that he found his vehicle with several slashed tires in the parking lot and discovered that sugar had been put in his gas tank. The victim stated that he had been at a party with his estranged wife and that she had left prior to him leaving. The victim believed his wife (38-year-old AAF) caused the damage. The female was contacted and she denied causing the damage. No charges have been substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing.
6) CENTRAL: Weapons Offense – 2:40 a.m. Officers responded to the area of State St/Fairchild St for a disturbance where a victim (63-year-old AAM) sustained an injury from a knife. The victim advised he had gotten into an argument with a suspect (58-year-old AAM) which ended in a short tussle and the victim realizing he had been stabbed. The victim was transported to a local hospital. The suspect was arrested for 2nd degree recklessly endangering safety. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Disturbance – 3:08 a.m. Officers responded to Rethke Ave for a suspect (50-year-old AAF) causing a disturbance and refusing to leave the area. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct and threats towards a law enforcement officer (as she made threats to kill the officer and their family on the way to jail).