From 5:30 a.m. on 10/21/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/22/2017, MPD received 484 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Disturbance - 4:20 a.m. Officers responded to the 700 block of Langdon St reference a reported disturbance. The caller advised that subjects in a vehicle were honking and yelling at pedestrians in the area. Officers located the vehicle and contacted occupants. Officers cite two suspects for creating a noise disturbance and placed the third suspect (21 year old AAM) under arrest for a misdemeanor warrant (Retail Theft) out of Racine County. Upon arrival at the jail, the arrested person complains of stroke-like symptoms. The suspect was transported by Fire/Rescue to a local hospital where the suspect is then admitted. Upon learning of suspect's admission, officers clear.
2) NORTH: Disorderly Conduct (domestic) - 8:22 a.m. Officers responded to a residence in the 1600 block of Wright St for a 911 disconnect with a female caller reporting items taken from her home. Officers arrive and contact the victim (36 year old AAF), who reports that the suspect (47 year old AAM) left the residence, but had since called her, threatening to break in and kill her. While officers are present, suspect again calls the victim and makes threats which are heard by officers. Officers determine the suspect is still in the area and locate him in the 3000 block of E Washington Ave. Suspect arrested for disorderly conduct and conveyed to jail.
3) CENTRAL: Check Person - 10:05 a.m. Officers responded to a residence on the 200 block of Lakelawn Pl reference a possible suicidal subject. Caller reported that the subject (21 year old WF) had used scissors to cause lacerations to her legs. Officers contact the subject who had caused minor cuts to her legs. Subject reported feeling suicidal and was transported to a local hospital for a voluntary admission.
4) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 1:59 p.m. Officers were sent to a preserve the peace to assist in the exchange of a cat. Another officer recognized the address/individuals involved and had probable cause to arrest both subjects (36 year old AAM and 28 year old WF) for fraud, bail jumping, and numerous warrants. Both suspects stated that they were having chest pains once they arrived at the jail and were taken to an area hospital for medical clearances. The male was cleared and taken back to the jail. The female was almost cleared when she decided to tell a nurse that she had taken 15 Seroquel. The hospital determined that she should be admitted. Based on HIPAA concerns, officers will have to check back periodically to see if she will be released as the hospital will not divulge the point at which the female will be cleared.
5) CENTRAL: Drug Incident Overdose – 2:18 p.m. Officers were sent to an overdose just outside of a bar in the 1200 block of Regent St. The patient (34 year old WM) was assisted by Madison PD with a dose of naloxone and then further doses by MFD. It is suspected he used in the restroom of the bar but no evidence was located and he denied use of heroin. He was transported to a local hospital and was left in their care.
6) EAST: Battery – 5:18 p.m. Officers were sent to a local hospital in response to a man with a large laceration to the head. The victim, 43 year old AAM, told officers that he had borrowed a friend's vehicle in order to go shopping. When he returned to the 5100 block of Wintergreen Dr with the vehicle, he was accused of stealing some personal items from the car. The suspect (AAM) then struck the victim in the head with a hammer and fled the scene. Investigation ongoing for a positive identification of the suspect.
7) EAST: Assist Wisconsin State Patrol – 5:42 p.m. Officers assisted the State Patrol and County with a motorcycle crash on westbound I-90 at Hwy 12. Witnesses report a motorcycle traveling at a high rate of speed (approximately 90+ mph) and passing vehicles on I-90. The driver appeared to lose control on the curve right before the Hwy 12 off-ramp. Driver was reported as pulseless and non-breathing (PNB) before MPD arrived. MFD arrived and continued work on the subject. MPD assisted with traffic direction and obtaining witness statements.
8) NORTH: Child Neglect – 6:40 p.m. Officers were sent to a townhouse in the Wright St area, reference a 4 year old AAM unattended and crying. After canvassing for over 25 minutes, the 24 year old AAF mother was located. CPS was contacted and the child was taken into protective custody. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Sexual Assault Investigation – 10:02 p.m. Officers were initially assisting a male subject by conducting a preserve the peace at Journey Mental Health. Connected with this preliminary assessment but in an unrelated matter, a female acquaintance (38 year old AAF) reports a dated sexual assault that occurred involving another subject, several months ago. The subject male of the assessment was not the same subject of the victim's allegation. Investigation continuing.
10) NORTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 10:42 p.m. Officers responded to North Lawn Ave, reference a runaway juvenile. A 15 year old HF left her dad's home saying she was going to her mom's house in Sun Prairie. Dad later followed up with mom to learn she never went there. Juvenile has been in recent and repetitive contact with family via Facebook Messenger stating she is staying at a friend's house tonight and will be home in the morning. Family is concerned over possibility that the teen may be using drugs and/or prostituting herself.
11) SOUTH: Check Person – 12:06 a.m. Fitchburg Police stop out with an intoxicated distraught 33 year old WF who can't find her house. She claimed to have been sexually assaulted and taken to an area hospital. As jurisdiction was determined to have possibly occurred in Madison, MPD took over the investigation. Investigation continuing.
12) CENTRAL: Weapons Offense – 1:38 a.m. Officers responded to the 300 block of W Johnson St regarding a man with a knife. Residents from a house on Langdon St had followed him after seeing him come out from lurking behind their house. The suspect pulled a knife from his pocket but did not aggress on the residents. Officers ultimately located the 28 year old WM suspect and took him into custody at gunpoint without incident. The suspect is a convicted felon who was in possession of a concealed knife, and was arrested for two counts of bail jumping and for violating Wisconsin state statute 941.231, Carrying a Concealed Knife.