From 5:30 a.m. on 03/10/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/11/2018, MPD received 370 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
1) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 9:08 a.m. Officers were dispatched to The Beacon, 615 E Washington Ave, regarding a wanted subject. The 33 year old AAM subject was contacted and arrested without incident. He was transported to jail on a warrant.
2) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 9:30 a.m. A 53 year old AAM was taken to Detox, 2914 Industrial Dr, after being found incapacitated on State St the previous day. After a medical clearance, the suspect was transported to jail from Detox regarding a body only warrant out of Jefferson County.
3) SOUTH: Traffic Crash – 11:47 a.m. A vehicle driven by a 67 year old WF was traveling eastbound on the Beltline at a high rate of speed. She lost control and her vehicle rolled over at the off-ramp to Todd Dr. She was stuck in her vehicle until MFD was able to extract her. The driver sustained minor injuries, but was taken to a local hospital as a precautionary measure. It is unknown at this time if the driver was a victim of a hit and run or lost control on her own volition. Video will be reviewed. The off-ramp to Todd Dr was shut down during the crash investigation.
4) MIDTOWN: Disturbance – 1:59 p.m. Officers were dispatched to a strip mall in the 400 Block of S Yellowstone Dr in reference to a disturbance. The office area is host to a group of suites with individual businesses. The suspect, a 55 year old WM, was intoxicated and caused a disturbance in the common hallway, which frightened the guests of two other businesses. PC was developed to arrest the suspect for disorderly conduct. The suspect was subsequently contacted in the City of Oregon by Oregon PD and transported to our jurisdiction for local charges.
5) EAST: Death Investigation – 7:00 p.m. Officers were dispatched to Jupiter Dr to check the welfare of a 37 year old AM. A friend had contacted police after numerous days with no contacts. Officers found the subject inside the residence, deceased. The Medical Examiner responded and the investigation is ongoing.
6) CENTRAL: Violation of Court Order – 7:39 p.m. A 26 year old WM called MPD to report being harassed by an individual who had earlier been arrested for domestic violence against him. The suspect, a 28 year old HM, had been served in the jail with a 72-Hour No Contact Prohibition Order. The suspect was subsequently able to bail out of the jail and immediately went to the victim's address on Williamson St, attempting contact. The suspect was arrested by MPD for violating the 72-Hour No Contact Prohibition.
7) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 8:15 p.m. Central officers were dispatched to the 1500 block of Sherman Ave for a report of a female who had been battered and stalked by a male with whom she had a restraining order. The caller/victim, a 44 year old AAF, indicated that the suspect, a 58 year old AAM, had committed numerous crimes against her. Officers subsequently located the suspect and placed him under arrest for domestic related charges of battery, disorderly conduct, theft, and bail jumping.
8) NORTH: Child Abuse – 9:40 p.m. North officers responded to Rowland Ave and contacted a 15 year old WF who wanted to report being attacked by an 18 year old AAM suspect. Investigation continuing.
9) WEST: Crash w/Injuries – 10:03 p.m. West officers responded to the intersection of Gammon Rd and Mineral Point Rd for a report of a motor vehicle that struck a pedestrian in the crosswalk. The driver, a 29 year old AAF, was distracted by her toddler crying in the backseat, and when she turned right onto Gammon Rd from eastbound Mineral Point Rd, she struck a pedestrian (36 year old WM) who was crossing in the crosswalk. The suspect cooperated fully with the investigation and was cited for failing to yield to a pedestrian in the crosswalk. The pedestrian/victim was taken to a local hospital for a broken foot. The suspect driver had not been drinking and was not impaired. She was then cited and released from the scene.
10) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 10:52 p.m. North officers were sent to Trailsway for sounds of a disturbance. Upon arrival, officers could hear the disturbance from outside the residence. Officers made contact and learned from the victims in the house that the father in the family, a 38 year old AM, came home from a family wedding very intoxicated. The suspect fell in the bathroom after throwing up. The mother, 38 year old AF, tried to help her husband and the suspect proceeded to shove her. Children came to mom's rescue and the suspect took his anger out on everyone. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery, domestic disorderly conduct, and physical abuse of a child. The suspect was taken to jail.
11) SOUTH: Weapons Offense – 1:23 a.m. South officers were called to the area of Koster St and Sundstrom St for a report of a male who pointed a gun at another person. An initial canvassing of the area yielded no results. Attempts to contact the complainant were unsuccessful. Investigation continuing.
12) NORTH: Drug Incident-Overdose – 1:26 a.m. North officers responded to N Oak St for a report of a male passed out. EMS had arrived just as the callers were pushing the semi-conscious person out the door. The subject (49 year old WM) told officers he overdosed on heroin. Drug paraphernalia and heroin were recovered. The suspect was taken to a local hospital. The suspect was charged and is eligible for MARI (Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative).