From 5:30 a.m. on 09/08/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 09/09/2017, MPD received 488 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Intoxicated Person – 7:01 a.m. Officers responded to Arizona Circle where an intoxicated subject (34 year old WM) showed up at his father's residence and when his father asked him to leave, because he had been drinking, subject began to harm himself. Officers arrived and the subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. Once medically cleared, the subject was conveyed to Detox.
2) WEST: Death Investigation – 8:13 a.m. Officers responded to Glenthistle Road for a deceased subject (66 year old WM). Nothing suspicious observed. Medical Examiner's office contacted. Investigation continuing.
3) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 12:04 p.m. Officers responded to E. Mifflin Street for a deceased subject (WF, age unknown at this time). Medical Examiner's office contacted. Investigation continuing.
Additional Information: Officers found a potential hoarding situation inside the apartment and she had been deceased for about two weeks. She had lived at that location for approximately 12 years. Nothing suspicious found.?
4) WEST: Accident w/Injuries – 1:22 p.m. MPD dispatched to a crash involving Engine 7 and another vehicle. Engine 7 was responding to a vehicle fire and was moving slowly, with lights and siren activated, through the intersection of Raymond Road and Verona Road and had neared the center of the intersection when a vehicle driven by a 22 year old WF entered the intersection and struck Engine 7. The suspect was transported to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries and was cited for failure to yield to an emergency vehicle.
5) SOUTH: Accident w/Injuries – 1:57 p.m. MPD dispatched to a single vehicle crash with a 70 year old WM single occupant. Vehicle was southbound on Breese Terrace at Monroe Street. Vehicle continued straight across all lanes of Monroe Street plowing through two concrete barriers, traveled over the curb, plowed through a full bike rack, struck the corner of apartment building, and finally rested after striking a small tree. Witnesses went to render aid and found driver suffering from a seizure. Driver was trapped and was extricated by MFD, but was conscious/breathing when transported. No apparent injury as result of the crash and the crash was determined to be the result of a medical crisis.
6) NORTH: Death Investigation – 2:36 p.m. MPD dispatched to the 3000 block of Morning Road for a 75 year old WF who was obviously deceased. The subject had not paid rent and was known to have health issues. She was found by a maintenance man who had come to check on her. It appears that she had been deceased for about a week. Residence was secure, no valuables taken and several medications were present. Medical Examiner's office contacted.
7) WEST: Robbery Armed – 2:51 p.m. MPD responded to North Burberry Drive for a report of a 39 year old WF who was taking her trash out when she was approached by an AAM who had a knife (either a filet or hunting knife) and pointed it at her, demanding money. When she told him she only had trash and that she was going to call the police, he fled. A K-9 track indicated the suspect may have left in a car.
8) SOUTH: Attempted Suicide – 2:58 p.m. MPD dispatched to Turbot Drive reference a subject attempting to hang himself. Officers arrived to find a 37 year old AAM in a garage who had tied a belt around his neck and had been found hanging by his significant other who had cut him down. Subject was alert and breathing upon officer arrival, and he was transported to the hospital. Subject has multiple warrants and charges for an outstanding domestic violation, so after a medical clearance was obtained he was arrested and then taken to the jail.
9) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 6:11 p.m. MPD dispatched to a 26 year old WM who had overdosed and was unconscious and not breathing. Officers arrive to find the suspect, who had been in a vehicle in the 2200 block of Darwin Road with his mother and two others, lying on the ground outside the vehicle with his mother performing CCR. Officers take over CCR and provide two doses of naloxone. Officers were able to revive suspect and he was then transported to the hospital. Subject will be taken to the jail with charges of possession of heroin and possession of paraphernalia, as well as an outstanding warrant.
10) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 9:26 p.m. Officers responded to the area of Anderson Street near Wright Street for a person reporting his window was shot out while driving in the area. Officers responded and it was determined the window may have been shattered by some type of rock and not a shot. The area was checked for juveniles as there have been similar incidents in the past. Nothing further found at this time.
11) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 9:28 p.m. Officers were called to a domestic disturbance in the 500 block of Shearwater Street. A 25 year old WM and a 26 year old WF were in a physical disturbance over an ex-boyfriend of hers. The male attempted to strangle the female, bit her and further battered her. He had left the scene but was later located by officers and taken into custody. The female was treated at a local hospital for her injuries.
12) EAST: Assist Police – 10:01 p.m. Madison officers were requested to help Dane County Sheriff's Office for a traffic stop they attempted to make where the vehicle did not stop, and then hit a building near the 4600 block of East Washington Avenue. The driver (19 year old AAM) fled the scene but a female stayed in the vehicle and a handgun was also found in the car. Madison K-9 responded for a track and other officers helped with perimeter for this investigation. The track ended near the 4600 block of Bunker Hill. Investigation continuing.
13) EAST: Domestic Disturbance - 12:21 a.m. Officers were called to a domestic disturbance in the 300 block of Evergreen Avenue. This disturbance started over a debit card. A 29 year old WM pushed his mother (63 year old WF) down twice during this disturbance which was witnessed by a 7 year old. The male was arrested for battery and disorderly conduct in this domestic disturbance.
14) NORTH: Death Investigation – 1:32 a.m. Officers were requested to respond to the 3500 block of Straubel Street by Madison Fire Rescue for a female who had a medical issue they were attending to. CCR had been in progress for about 20 minutes prior to police being requested. A 65 year old AAF with prior medical history was pronounced deceased at the scene. There was nothing suspicious found at this incident and the Medical Examiner's office was contacted.
15) EAST: Check Person Weapon – 1:49 a.m. Madison officers were called by a female requesting officers check on her ex-boyfriend in the 300 block of Alton Drive. The 37 year old WM made suicidal statements and recently purchased a handgun. The female had responded to his residence but thought she heard the male manipulating the gun and backed away to call the police. When officers were setting up in the area, the male drove from the residence and officers attempted to stop his vehicle but he turned around and drove back into his garage. Officers disengaged at this time and phone contact was attempted by a negotiator. ?After multiple phone attempts, contact was made by text but the male subject refused to come out and only wanted more alcohol. About two hours were spent trying to communicate and reason with this subject. Officers talked with ex-girlfriend and she was going to cease contact tonight. Officers cleared the scene at this time as it was verified no one else was in the residence.