From 5:30 a.m. on 03/28/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/29/2018, MPD received 390 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
**Priority calls only citywide from 4:00pm to 1:50am**
1) WEST: Overdose – 4:52am. Officers responded to Globe Dr for a report of an overdose. The caller reported that a subject (21yo WM) at this residence had consumed a large number of pills. The subject was taken to a local hospital by MFD. A probation hold was also issued for this subject.
2) EAST: Death Investigation – 5:10am. Officers were dispatched to Silver Rd for a report of an overdose. Emergency personnel attempted to render aid but were unable to revive the victim (28yo WF). The medical examiner was also called to the scene. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 11:05am. Officers responded to the 6700 block of Schroeder Rd for a report of a domestic disturbance. The victim (23yo HF) reported that she had gotten into an argument last night with the suspect (24yo HM), her boyfriend, after questions arose about other women in the suspect's phone. During the argument, the suspect strangled the victim before he left the scene. The suspect was later contacted and arrested on two counts of domestic strangulation
4) SOUTH: Death Investigation – 12:13pm. Officers responded to Moorland Rd for a report of a deceased subject (42yo WM). A family member had come to the residence to check on the subject's welfare and located him deceased from self-inflicted injuries. The medical examiner was also called to the scene.
5) NORTH: Battery - 2:04pm. Officers were dispatched to the 2400 block of Independence Ln for a battery that had just occurred. The victim (43yo WF) told officers that she had purchased heroin from the suspect (50yo AAF) a few days ago and that the suspect arrived at her apartment door demanding payment. The suspect then battered the victim. Probable cause for charges of battery and strangulation was developed. Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH: Attempted Homicide - 3:54pm. Officers were dispatched to the 500 block of Northport Dr for a report of a subject who had been shot. Officers located the victim (29yo AAM), who had multiple gunshot wounds. The victim was transported to a local hospital. The victim appears to have been the intended target of the gunman and not a random shooting. Investigation continuing; see press releases for further information and updates.
7) WEST: Juvenile Arrested Person – 7:40pm. Officers responded to the 2000 block of McKenna Blvd to arrest a suspect (14yo AAF) on a juvenile capias (the functional equivalent to an adult warrant). Upon contacting the suspect, she resisted arrest and had to be placed in restraints. The suspect was ultimately taken to the Juvenile Reception Center and booked under the capias and a new charge of resisting arrest.
8) CENTRAL: Check Person - 7:25pm. Officers were dispatched to the 600 block of E Washington Ave for a report of a subject (23yo AAM) running in and out of traffic, shouting and trying to fight other people. Upon contacting the subject, officers believed he was experiencing a mental health crisis. The subject was safely taken into protective custody and plans for an emergency detention to Winnebago were developed.
9) CENTRAL: Damage to Property - 7:58pm. Officers responded to the area of E Mifflin St and N Ingersoll St for a report of a suspect who just smashed the window of a vehicle with an expandable baton. The victim/vehicle owner (27yo HM) indicated he had a past conflict with the suspects (31yo AAM and 30yo HM). The suspects fled the scene. Investigation continuing.
10) EAST: Shots Fired – 10:08pm. Officers responded to the 3500 block of E Washington Ave for a report of shots fired and a subject who had been struck. Officers learned that occupants of a vehicle began firing at a second vehicle, ultimately striking an uninvolved/random subject (18yo AAF) and a building across the street due to crossfire considerations. A total of eight shell casings were recovered from the scene. The victim was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Investigation continuing; see press release for further information and updates.
11) EAST: Residential Burglary – 10:23pm. Officers responded to the 5000 block of Buckeye Rd for a report of a person walking around inside of a house that was supposed to be empty. Officers arrived and found two suspects (38yo WF and 27yo AAF) within the residence. The first suspect was arrested on a charge of burglary and the second suspect was arrested on a charge of burglary-party to a crime. Both suspects were transported to jail.
12) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 11:51pm. Officers responded to the 4700 block of East Towne Blvd for a report of a domestic disturbance. The victim (24yo AAF) was dropping off the suspect (38yo AAM) at a restaurant when the suspect took exception to the way the victim reportedly looked at one of his friends. This led to an argument, which escalated to the suspect battering the victim. Probable cause was developed for a domestic battery charge. The suspect was not on scene when officers contacted the victim. Investigation continuing.